Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dirkster the Fox

Russell Martin

He's doing better than I thought he would, particularly after the appalling first couple of months, and his side have been more entertaining than I thought he could produce too.

But Maresca has done better. He never had that shocker opening couple of months. He's also simply had nicer fixtures. Lets see him come through trips to Leicester, Leeds, Ipswich and West Brom before he's heaped with praise. We on the flip side sit 12 ahead of them (with a game more granted) and only have to play one of those away.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

How anyone could see how the season has gone and think we've made a mistake in appointing Maresca is completely beyond me.

I just don't think some people can see past the 4-4-2 kick and rush get it down the lines football.. This isnt the premier league of the O'neill years  that we are aiming for anymore. It's not even the prem of the Pearson years. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mark_w said:

I suppose the idea came from them losing half of their first 8 games? :unsure:

Was gonna say lol thought I was going mad for a minute.

Good opening month but a shocker of a September - a month they played us and Ipswich in. Makes you wonder.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Was gonna say lol thought I was going mad for a minute.

Good opening month but a shocker of a September - a month they played us and Ipswich in. Makes you wonder.

Also that Middlesbrough defeat was Middlesbrough's first win of the season after their awful opening start lol

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, MPH said:

I just don't think some people can see past the 4-4-2 kick and rush get it down the lines football.. This isnt the premier league of the O'neill years  that we are aiming for anymore. It's not even the prem of the Pearson years. 

Yet those people clamour for Martin?

If people think Marescaball is boring you should watch 10 minutes of this Southampton team. It's no wonder they're seemingly never on tele.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Yet those people clamour for Martin?

If people think Marescaball is boring you should watch 10 minutes of this Southampton team. It's no wonder they're seemingly never on tele.

There's also a reason they fail to win those games they've drawn and we generally always find a way to get that winning goal. 

• Like 3

Maresca doesn't look he he's w anker posting inspirational quotes on LinkedIn, so clear of Martin

Edited by Stadt
Got rid of "willy puller", he IS a w anker

He's alright. I don't think he's quite as David Brent-y as people claim. 

By all accounts he had a hard upbringing and he's done well for himself. His career has been impressive so far and he seems enthusiastic about playing football a certain way which I like. I doubt he'll go on to be a top PL manager but it would be an excellent achievement if he can get them up and hopefully go on a run in the cup.

9 hours ago, SystonFox said:

why is everyone so scared of southampton man its a ajoke.

adam armstrong constantly gets in peoples TOTS. he's pony

There’s a difference between being scared of and acknowledging and respecting another strong team doing well. Plus some people aren’t tribal and/or insecure enough that they can praise other clubs/manager/players without feeling that detracts from their support for Leicester.

And Armstrong pony? The guy has the most goal contributions in the league and it’s not even close. That may be why he is picked in strongest teams etc no? The team of the season isn’t just the Leicester 11! 

10 hours ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

I don't know where this idea of 'Southampton had a rubbish start' comes from.

They lost 4 in a row, sure, but haven't lost since. But we've lost 4 ourselves. The only difference between us and Southampton is our 3 draws vs their 7

image.png.f53e06b36846f8385828ffa3a0462302.png

Interesting that the teams they’ve lost to will be them in the playoffs, similar to us and they have to play them all again as well. 

7 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Can we wait until Southampton have played at Portman Road, Elland Road and The Hawthorns first.

We’ll be lifting the trophy the day Southampton play at Elland Road 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Probably the 21 game unbeaten run. They took 51 points to our 48 in that run. They're 'only' 2-3 results behind us if they win their game in hand. 

Only 2-3 games behind us how many games have we lost all season?

On 09/02/2024 at 09:33, Les-TA-Jon said:

I don't know where this idea of 'Southampton had a rubbish start' comes from.

They lost 4 in a row, sure, but haven't lost since. But we've lost 4 ourselves. The only difference between us and Southampton is our 3 draws vs their 7

image.png.f53e06b36846f8385828ffa3a0462302.png

Thing is, if you discount the 'they had a rubbish start' theory, that means they were better than we gave them credit for when we went to their place and steamrollered a team for the first time this season? 

I'm confident we'll spank them again. Also worth pointing out that, of their seven draws, I'm pretty sure the majority were points dropped from winning positions.

On 10/02/2024 at 12:50, OntarioFox said:

Thing is, if you discount the 'they had a rubbish start' theory, that means they were better than we gave them credit for when we went to their place and steamrollered a team for the first time this season? 

I'm confident we'll spank them again. Also worth pointing out that, of their seven draws, I'm pretty sure the majority were points dropped from winning positions.

Every one of our draws have been 1-0 wins converted to 1-1 draws with us conceding last minute equalisers….

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Koke said:

They'll go up either way. Will be interesting to see how we both do in the Premier League 

If he's anything like Brendan he'll find someway to throw it away, first shoots of it happened yesterday :D 

I always feel Russell Martin gets extra praise and media attention due to the fact he speaks with right southern accent. Pressure will be on if he doesn't take Southampton straight back up, if they miss out they will be expected to leading the pack next season and if there in the top two by October he will be forgotten.

No matter how well he has done, and he has done well - after the stress Rodgers caused me last season there is absolutely no ****ing way I could have accepted those first two months Southampton had. Id have chained myself naked to the reception desk and demanded to speak to Susan.