Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dirkster the Fox

Russell Martin

11 minutes ago, SystonFox said:

he isnt a great coach. nor is Daniel Farke. nor is Kieran McKenna. All hugely hyped.

Isn’t a great coach? Southampton are currently steam rolling towards us at a rather frightening rate…. Has they not had their rubbish start, I think they would be comfortably top. I am genuinely concerned that they will overtake us, we’re definitely more susceptible to slipping up. Can’t fault him at the moment.

2 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Isn’t a great coach? Southampton are currently steam rolling towards us at a rather frightening rate…. Has they not had their rubbish start, I think they would be comfortably top. I am genuinely concerned that they will overtake us, we’re definitely more susceptible to slipping up. Can’t fault him at the moment.

I don't think Saints, ourselves or Leeds can be deemed to have a great coach until they've shown what they can do next season.

All 3 clubs have double the monetary power and squad strength of the rest of the league. We should be where we are. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

They're good at beating the crap in this league but their results against the best teams is quite poor. I can see the gap between us widening as the season goes on.

17 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I don't know where this idea of 'Southampton had a rubbish start' comes from.

They lost 4 in a row, sure, but haven't lost since. But we've lost 4 ourselves. The only difference between us and Southampton is our 3 draws vs their 7

image.png.f53e06b36846f8385828ffa3a0462302.png

3 minutes ago, SystonFox said:

why is everyone so scared of southampton man its a ajoke.

adam armstrong constantly gets in peoples TOTS. he's pony

Probably the 21 game unbeaten run. They took 51 points to our 48 in that run. They're 'only' 2-3 results behind us if they win their game in hand. 

24 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Was he not in charge at the start of the season? 

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

Their 10 game form has them 1 point ahead of us. https://thefishy.co.uk/formtable.php?table=2&tab=tab-last10

He's done well, but we've also done well to keep the lead we have.

1 hour ago, SystonFox said:

he isnt a great coach. nor is Daniel Farke. nor is Kieran McKenna. All hugely hyped.

As much as I wouldn't be overly keen to have any of the 3 manage us I can't agree with this post.

McKenna has done a great job for Ipswich in the 2/3 years he's been there. Promotion last season to the great season they're having this year. Granted they've slipped off the pace recently but compare their squads to the other 3 in the top 4 and there's a big gap.

Farke may not have cut it in the PL but he's got a great record in this league, he hasn't just fluked 2 promotions with Norwich and he's in the mix again this year.

Russell Martin, I don't really know. Southampton have got a good squad so I think the club would expect for him to be there or thereabouts where they are now no matter who was managing.

Edited by lcfc278

8 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Southampton's best winning run is 4 games ours is 9 games, our worst winning run is 4 games.

Not discounting Southampton but are team is far better player for player.

It's one game not four (Watford at home).

1 hour ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

They lost 4 in a row, sure, but haven't lost since. But we've lost 4 ourselves. The only difference between us and Southampton is our 3 draws vs their 7

I suppose the idea came from them losing half of their first 8 games? :unsure:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

We’d have 6 extra points if it wasn’t for those late goals in the draws. Very frustrating but also reassuring.