Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Plymouth A

6 minutes ago, Wakeyfox said:

Out in Leeds to watch this tonight. Praying for a big win

I'll be watching at a pub in Leamington. There's bound to be six fingered C*v scum in there so dreading the idea of us losing this one. 

A nervy 2-0 win and a last 15 min Alamo attack from Plymouth to keep us all having mini-strokes. 

Can't stand Enzo or the football that he's poisoned us with, but I still think we'll win tonight.

Reckon we'll see basically the same team, perhaps Fatawu and Vardy back in.

I'd imagine Enzo's plan would have been to get the 3 points at Milwall, and then make some changes for this game. The loss at Millwall has likely scuppered that plan so he'll stick with what he thinks is his best 11.

3-0 Leicester

(Mavididi, Vardy x2)

:beer:

Edited by adejo92

On 11/04/2024 at 13:16, Ricey said:

Imperative we start strongly (won't happen).

We had a chance to turn The Den toxic on Tuesday but instead we allowed Millwall to grow into the game and grow in confidence. We have to learn when to go for the jugular and when to be more cautious. Against teams near the bottom, we have to go for the jugular.

Plymouth have scored 1 goal in their last 6 home matches. We should feel comfortable being quite attack minded from the start and attempt to get ahead. Take the initiative rather than playing slow, patient football that only results in the opposition fans and players taking hope from it.

It won't happen though. Maresca has admitted that his belief that is against low blocks it is best to play slow, patient football.

Most of our away defeats have come from 2nd half goals when we've let the opposition grow into the game.

Why not just go for it 1st half to get in a great position and ,if goes wrong and we're a couple down, we've got 45 minutes to rectify it.

Our 1st half performances have been the reason why we've dropped so many points on the road lately 

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Looking forward to us getting 2 of their defenders on early bookings and then deliberately stop trying to expose them.

Come on Ricardo lad, Friday night, its all in our own hands....times like this we learn to love again...isn't it? Say it is...

• Haha 1

On 09/04/2024 at 21:55, sylofox said:

Anyone driving be careful from about 20 miles out. The cam van will be out on the A38 most likely on the bridge at Plympton.

The town is also full of speed and red light cams. Would not want any of you traveling home with more pts than the foxes do.

I've lived here for 19 years now (Plymouth) and stil can't believe what a bad place it is to drive in, the infrastructure, etc - horrific! When I first moved down here in 2005 I couldn't believe the amount of speed cameras there were dotted about either - something which hasn't changed! - so "drive carefully" if it's your first time of doing so down here is my advice!

10 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Looking forward to us getting 2 of their defenders on early bookings and then deliberately stop trying to expose them.

Gotta giggle at our incompetence to be proactive ent ya 😅🤌🏼 love it

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, adamkhalifa said:

I want us to attack from the start and be aggressive, and allow the midfield to start the play. The centre backs can just think about defending and providing options for midfielders. If we are going to try and clone Pep. Then do all of it.

And I want to be 35, hung like a donkey and rich beyond the dreams of avarice. Enzo Maresca means my wish fulfilment is about as likely as yours.

I’m on my way to Plymouth as we speak.