Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Plymouth A

1 minute ago, TheGoldenGod said:

4 wins will be enough, categorically. Then Leeds can't catch us and Ipswich can only draw our points total.

Categorically yes, but I think we'll be ok with 3 wins. Ipswich will lose at least one of their games imo

• Like 1

I want us to attack from the start and be aggressive, and allow the midfield to start the play. The centre backs can just think about defending and providing options for midfielders. If we are going to try and clone Pep. Then do all of it.

19 minutes ago, kushiro said:

Just posting this link again for people who didn't catch it yesterday. 

The King and the Captain: A tale to entertain Leicester City fans on a trip down the Fosse Way — The Fosse Way

Really enjoyed this. Thanks for posting the link on Pasoti.

To reciprocate here is the link for my match preview One Game at a Time 

It is an unashamedly green tinted view of the  recent events and  preview of the game. If nothing else it will kill fifteen minutes of the coach trip.

Both sides need the points and whilst everyone has you as favourites ( me included)  we all know what can happen.

Safe travels to those coming down.....you shouldn't fall off the edge of the world if you follow Google Maps so someone pass that to Enzo :)

https://pasoti.co.uk/threads/one-game-at-a-time-skyre-only-here-for-the-champions-runners-up-play-off-hopefuls-delete-as-applicable-leicester-city-h-april-12th.127825/

19 minutes ago, kushiro said:

Edited by pafcprogs
typo
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, adamkhalifa said:

I want us to attack from the start and be aggressive, and allow the midfield to start the play. The centre backs can just think about defending and providing options for midfielders. If we are going to try and clone Pep. Then do all of it.

We have the wrong manager for those ideas well im not sure even if we have a manager. We have a coach who doesn't and will not do that sort of thing EVER

• Like 1

Absolutely no excuse for anything other than 3 points and a convincing attacking displaying. Time to park the reserved, nervous football Enzo. I think nearly all the fans would rather go down fighting.

• Like 3

I don't think we go out with the intention of playing boring and slow football, yes patient and controlled. However if their defence is organised, as Millwalls was, we struggle and there is no alternative plan. 

We didn't approach the Stoke away game any different, it's just they were diabolical defensively and in midfield. Hopefully Plymouth will be similar. 

1 hour ago, CheeseHead said:

Categorically yes, but I think we'll be ok with 3 wins. Ipswich will lose at least one of their games imo

Why would we hand over control of our destiny to another club? We need to win 4. Then it’s done. Given that, I just hope we don’t go in for any of that silly attacking nonsense and just pass the ball around, aimlessly, amongst ourselves for 87 minutes. Three minutes of attack is ample for a team that has to win 80% of its remaining fixtures, surely? 

2 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

Why would we hand over control of our destiny to another club? We need to win 4. Then it’s done. Given that, I just hope we don’t go in for any of that silly attacking nonsense and just pass the ball around, aimlessly, amongst ourselves for 87 minutes. Three minutes of attack is ample for a team that has to win 80% of its remaining fixtures, surely? 

Who's saying hand over control? I'm merely stating I believe 3 wins will be enough, not that we should aim to win only 3. That would be stupid.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CheeseHead said:

Their game at Cov is now in the final week too and Cov are likely to need a win.

Can't call it. The last month has been bizarre even for this bunfight league.

16 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

I don't think we go out with the intention of playing boring and slow football, yes patient and controlled. However if their defence is organised, as Millwalls was, we struggle and there is no alternative plan. 

We didn't approach the Stoke away game any different, it's just they were diabolical defensively and in midfield. Hopefully Plymouth will be similar. 

Being clinical helps. 

16 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

I don't think I can justify paying £10 to watch this. Wonder if I can convince the wife to pay somehow. Ideas welcome on how to convince her. 

I'd gladly pay £10 to watch your wife????:shakey_still:

Seem to remember last  season it was all about games in hand ,we only need  x amount  of wins etc ,and that  gutless lot ****ed it up ,this current  lot don't exactly fill me with confidence  that they can do it .Prove me wrong.

Edited by john ridley
Mis spelt
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, adamkhalifa said:

Even Pep took 3 seasons to get it right at man city, that's with an open cheque book also.

Koop Similar at Pool

After a similar at Arsenal

This guy is so good we don't deserve to have him here, but he's no miracle worker.

Give the man time and he will deliver.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3