Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Sean Longstaff

https://the72.co.uk/2024/04/22/leicester-city-set-sights-on-premier-league-man-as-potential-wilfred-ndidi-replacement-contract-up-in-2025/

Leicester City set sights on Premier League man as potential Wilfred Ndidi replacement, contract up in 2025

Leicester City are interested in a move for Newcastle United midfielder Sean Longstaff, according to a report by The Sunday People (via Caught Offside).
Leicester City are eyeing a potential swoop for the Premier League man as they chase down promotion from the Championship.

Longstaff, 26, still has another year left on his contract with his current club.

As per The Sunday People, the Foxes could try and lure him away from the North East ahead of next season.

Newcastle United have a big decision to make regarding the future of Longstaff in the upcoming transfer window.

They risk losing him for nothing in June 2025 if they don’t cash in on him this year. He has made 40 appearances in all competitions in this campaign and has scored six goals.

Longstaff has been on the books at St James’ Park for his whole career to date and rose up through the academy ranks.

...and here - https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/leicester-city-join-leeds-united-race-newcastle-united-sean-longstaff/

• Like 1

I think he fits the Ndidi profile (and what Enzo wants from a number 8) 

Never think he offers much for Newcastle personally, and he's a bit of a **** on the pitch. As a newly promoted (:fc:) side I don't think it would be a bad signing. 

6 minutes ago, surrifox said:

I guess this is where we are now ( or aspire to be) with this sort of underwhelming target 

you mean getting a player who had played 40 times this season for a top ten premier league side?

yeah, why would a newly promoted prem team want to do that!

• Like 1

His stats are underwhelming really. Seems like he gets into the box well but that's about it. Although we need bodies such is our ridiculous contract situation.

We only have 4 CMs contracted into next season. KDH, Winks, Choudhury and Soumare. The latter two aren't good enough, KDH could well leave anyway.

Edited by Stadt
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, RoboFox said:

Lifelong Newcastle fan and regular starter for them. Could definitely see why he'd be interested in coming here. 

Stinks of agent nonsense to drum up some contract talks. 

I'd get a new agent if he's using a broke ass club like ours to try and get a new deal. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Stadt said:

His stats are underwhelming really. Seems like he gets into the box well but that's about it. Although we need bodies such is our ridiculous contract situation.

We only have 4 CMs contracted into next season. KDH, Winks, Choudhury and Soumare. The latter two aren't god enough, KDH could well leave anyway.

I Dunno... Hamza does seem to have a bit of a glow about him right now...

• Haha 1

Some of our best signings have looked underwhelming at the time of our initial interest and joining the club. I actually think he would be a very solid addition, decent experience of premier league football and overall is a consistent 7/10 performer, not a sexy signing but a very sensible one all the same. 

• Like 3

Don't like what I've read on Newcastle's main forum...... he's a bit of a passenger and we can't keep extending contracts for players like him....injury prone...etc etc 🙄

Newcastle want 15 to 20m and he's got 1 year left on his contract.

We really got rinsed by them for Ayoze Perez who also had a year left on his contract when we paid 30m for him

Edited by CrispinLA in Texas
  • Like 2

Someone I work with is a Newcastle fan, and he genuinely swears that they are a better team when he plays and says he “makes them tick”. I’m yet to really see it myself but I’d still be surprised if someone who is playing as regularly as he is come to us.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MPH said:

you mean getting a player who had played 40 times this season for a top ten premier league side?

yeah, why would a newly promoted prem team want to do that!

perhaps if they have ambitions to overcome a points deduction and give it a go at staying in the division they might want to look at a player who is a bit better than this guy . 40 appearances  for a side in the prem  who had been in the top ten ? What like Danny Ward ? Yeah OK 

4 hours ago, surrifox said:

perhaps if they have ambitions to overcome a points deduction and give it a go at staying in the division they might want to look at a player who is a bit better than this guy . 40 appearances  for a side in the prem  who had been in the top ten ? What like Danny Ward ? Yeah OK 

I’m saying he’s played 40 games for a top ten team, so he’ll be plenty good enough for a newly promoted team.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Out Foxed said:

more change of Pippy Longstocking 

More of a Harry Redknapp target …… “ Yeah, yeah I like the player a lot and can see em fittin in here. Not sure about calling him Pippy and reckon we’ll just call him Longsocks”

10 hours ago, MPH said:

I’m saying he’s played 40 games for a top ten team, so he’ll be plenty good enough for a newly promoted team.

He's played out of necessity due to Newcastle's injury issues this season. He's also arguably a big contributing reason you're not saying "a top 4 team".

He matches our MO though - absolute nothing player coming into his late 20s, paid handsomely on a 5 year contract.

If we want experience then sign players in their 30s on short term contracts. Otherwise we want players in their early 20s who will have resale value. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Dusty said:

Someone I work with is a Newcastle fan, and he genuinely swears that they are a better team when he plays and says he “makes them tick”. I’m yet to really see it myself but I’d still be surprised if someone who is playing as regularly as he is come to us.

29 appearances for him this season.

He's not missed that many games entirely (only 3 games, they won 2 and lost 1).

25 starts 12 wins 5 draws 8 losses.

4 off the bench, 1 won 3 losses.

Don't think there's enough data there really, however he's started the last 16 league games in a row and they've been in decent form since Feb.

One thing for sure is we don't have enough characters like him.

• Like 1

Agent talk I reckon, but would be a decent option.

Knows the league, scores important goals, gets stuck in. Type of player we'll need especially starting on minus points.

Someone like him or mctominay would be ideal..  not particularly a fan of either.. but it's the kind of grit we're missing 

13 hours ago, Daveb5569 said:

Newcastle will have our pants down, no point year left on his contract, we need free transfers and low wages to get out of this mess, I would rather go for Ross Barcaly than Longstaff

Had a fantastic season, really proven himself this year