Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
South Shire Fox

Victor Kristiansen

Well he's only played 29 of 34 games in the mighty Bologna's Champions League qualification campaign, of course he's depreciated in value, it'd be rude not to offer a discount.

Anyone in business wouldn’t try this approach ? 

the worst that can happen is we say no!

they’re probably thinking that as we’ve been promoted we could afford to lose a couple million and have the fee as per his amortised value - so not losing any money

14 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Anyone in business wouldn’t try this approach ? 

the worst that can happen is we say no!

they’re probably thinking that as we’ve been promoted we could afford to lose a couple million and have the fee as per his amortised value - so not losing any money

Also I wonder if the discount relates to the sale being finalised before the end of June so any profit goes into this years PSR calculation, will very much depend on the level of discount they want and what ever profit we are hoping to take into the accounting period. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Also I wonder if the discount relates to the sale being finalised before the end of June so any profit goes into this years PSR calculation, will very much depend on the level of discount they want and what ever profit we are hoping to take into the accounting period. 

Good point that CF

Normal loan with option to buy agreements is that the loan ends 30 June and the possible sale happens 1 July. However, seeing as we knew we would need deals done by end June, you’d also have expected the loan deal to have been put into place with the sale done by end June - I mean that would be the sensible approach ……

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LVFox said:

Makes no sense if any lower than say £10m.

I'd rather see him come back and replace Doyle in the squad.

he doesn’t want to come back and replace Doyle in the squad.

Rudders will be all over this. They will get him for free plus Danny Ward as part of the deal.

26 minutes ago, MPH said:

he doesn’t want to come back and replace Doyle in the squad.

You don't know that, he didn't want to be 3rd choice in the championship, which i don't blame him at all for. He made a good choice going to Bologna.

However, we aren't in a position to make losses on player sales and need to utilise the squad we have to limit the transfers we have to make.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

He cost us €14m / £12.3m in 22/23. Over 5 years that's just under £2.5m a season. We'll have booked x 2 £2.5m leaving around £7.5m left.

The €15m option they have is worth around £12.9m at today's rate. So anything over £7.5m means we're not worse off for PSR but it would be nice to get a few profits in before thr end of June to try and limit any breach.

• Like 1

I don't get it !! If he is playing so well how come other clubs aren't interested in him. I understand Bologna have the option to purchase but surely we can find another buyer for him.