Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc_forever

Kasey McAteer

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, ithuriel said:

Sources, in other words his agent.

If any bids come in I'd sell to be honest.

Exactly, likeable lad but i wouldn’t even put him as a top championship player

Edited by les-tah

I wouldn't say we're looking to sell him as I feel he still has a lot of upside like KDH. 

As an Academy player it would be all profit so if the price were right he might be sold.

He's also cheap to have around.

someone the Manager likes and knows the Club.

so anything is possible.

• Like 1

He had a really good start to the season but never really showed much after his period out from injury . I’d expect him to feature in Enzo’s plans although we don’t have a great track record of success after awarding large extended contracts to home grown players such as Thomas and Choudhury 

10 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

He did okay in a championship side, this 100% agent talk. Why would any of those sides take an interest in him?

Young, English, 6 goals in maybe 12 starts and 10 or so sub appearances in his first season at Championship level, along with the possibility of being free.

In the current market that makes him very attractive and low risk.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, surrifox said:

He had a really good start to the season but never really showed much after his period out from injury . I’d expect him to feature in Enzo’s plans although we don’t have a great track record of success after awarding large extended contracts to home grown players such as Thomas and Choudhury 

bit harsh on Choudury, that.  Might not be spectacular  or technically strong as others but he’s done well enough for Enzo to make him captain, on occasion. That’s high praise indeed.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, MPH said:

bit harsh on Choudury, that.  Might not be spectacular  or technically strong as others but he’s done well enough for Enzo to make him captain, on occasion. That’s high praise indeed.

Yes I’m open to persuasion on Choudhury . He finished the season strongly with some good performances but during our rubbish spell he seemed to be dozy , ball watching or reckless a lot of the time and the reported £60k pw could have been better deployed perhaps 

I honestly feel he will sign a new and largely improved deal, probably closer to £20k per week. A useful player to have around as can play right or left and could also do a job as a high 8. As already said think this Agent talk, as all recent media stuff has been nothing but positive about the club, also looks good for Kasey and the club that he chosen to stay with us despite interest from elsewhere 

8 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I think he is a billion miles off PL standard, so unsure as to why he’s being linked to PL sides….. unless I’m not seeing something others are.

He's cheap and English. PL sides can afford to take the risk he comes in and comes good, the downside is a very small financial loss in the case you can't offload him at any point. Risk vs reward.

10 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I think he is a billion miles off PL standard, so unsure as to why he’s being linked to PL sides….. unless I’m not seeing something others are.

If he had stayed fit all season he easily scored 12/15 goals and we probably don’t have the wobble we had. I do agree that at the minute he isn’t a starter in the Prem but I could see why clubs would keep tabs on him.

That said, it’s clearly agent talk and I recon he loves it here. He’s Leicester through and through and would love to see him get his crack at the Prem with us.

I agree with those saying he’s a very likeable character and he clearly loves the club, I also think he’s improved loads this season as previously he didn’t look like a very good league 1/2 player.

That said, does anyone really think he’s got what it takes to be a premier league player? You’d probably name 20/30 attacking midfielders/wingers who had a better season than him this year, and probably only 10 or so that would comfortably make the step up into the premier league. 

As much as I like him I can’t see why we’d keep him if a few decent offers came in. There’s quite a few players in this team that that I like, that seem to be good lads and are not bad players, but probably aren’t worth taking the risk of trying to keep us up when there’s so much at stake. I’d include McAteer, Hamza, Cannon & Coady in that bracket - they’d probably make us £20m in sales and a lot of salary off the books that could be reinvested into players that are more likely to contribute next season, even if it’s loans and free transfers. 

Good attitude.   His headed goals are a bonus.   He seems to have football intelligence.

I don't see him as a Premier League player (if he stays, I hope I'm wrong).  If we can get a few million for him,   it could help us financially. 

If he stays, could the chances of academy players with a higher ceiling be inhibited?

3 hours ago, Pliskin said:

He’s not, Classic agent talk when it’s contract time,

Posted (edited)

He’s a good squad player for cup games and to cover for injuries. If we can afford 30k a week for smithies, we can at least bump this guy up, if he’s happy to stay.

Otherwise, it’s possible we will get him an improved contract then send him out to a champ team for the season with a recall option. I think regular games is what he needs right now..

Edited by MPH

6 minutes ago, MPH said:

He’s a good squad player for cup games and to cover for injuries. If we can afford 30k a week for smithies, we can at least bump this guy up, if he’s happy to stay.

Otherwise, it’s possible we will get him an improved contract then send him out to a champ team for the season with a recall option. I think regular games is what he needs right now..

That you Jon?

Posted (edited)

Agent talk for a new contract 100 percent. I wouldnt put him on anything over 15/20k so we can easily offload to Championship sides if he doesnt make the grade. Too many players we cant shift because of the extortionate wages they’re on for their actual ability

Edited by South Shire Fox

I’m not writing him off yet, I mean i very much doubt he’ll be scoring 20 plus goals next season but if he’s given opportunities I’m sure he will score a few which let’s face it given our predicament we ain’t signing anyone better for less money. Give him a better contract and give him a season, Vardy didn’t exactly start on fire in his first top flight season (I’m not comparing him to Vardy, just the situation!)