Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

On 27/12/2021 at 17:52, danny. said:

Ha, me and my wife watched Don’t Look Up last night and both thought it was brilliant. 

Just watched and and really enjoyed. It’s been panned I believe, and is perhaps a bit clumsy and could probably have been done a bit better, but is supposed to be a parody and needs to be watched in the right spirit. The whole ship of fools is well represented in my opinion.

Could probably be compared to Doctor Strangelove.

Edited by WigstonWanderer

We’ve watched a few this week.

Suicide Squad - Really enjoyable and funny. It pokes fun at itself and other super hero movies and is very watchable. I think it’s the best movie with Harley Quinn in it. It’s ridiculous at times and funny in others. 

Don’t Look Up - Interesting, somewhat overly long and a little bit slow at times. We did laugh at parts but on the whole, it underwhelmed. 

Unforgivable - We sort of worked out where this was going, however it was the best of the three we watched this week. 

15 hours ago, Sly said:

We’ve watched a few this week.

Suicide Squad - Really enjoyable and funny. It pokes fun at itself and other super hero movies and is very watchable. I think it’s the best movie with Harley Quinn in it. It’s ridiculous at times and funny in others. 

Don’t Look Up - Interesting, somewhat overly long and a little bit slow at times. We did laugh at parts but on the whole, it underwhelmed. 

Unforgivable - We sort of worked out where this was going, however it was the best of the three we watched this week. 

Totally agree on Suicide Squad. John Cena is so underrated and Idris Elba is always a win. 

On 27/12/2021 at 09:34, Raj said:

Dont look up(Netflix)

Great cast including Leonardo DiCaprio,  Jen Lawrence.

Film is utter utter utter crap!!! Gave up after 20 minutes.

Dont bother. UTTER BORE!

Exactly the same experience for us. Gave up after 30 minutes, as we weren't feeling it at all.

• Like 1

Matrix 4 - Decided to watch it last night after watching the previous 3 earlier in the week. I loved the earlier ones and was quite excited to see how the story would follow on. 

Without giving spoilers, i was disappointed.. Not sure if it was because i was so hyped or the fact i had different expectations, but i would only rate it at best 6/10. 

The more I ponder the new matrix the more disappointed I find myself being. The action was totally naff, no slickness to it, 5/10 from me on reflection, really doesn't add a lot to the franchise at all, the animatrix is the best thing about the entire franchise imo along with large parts of the first movie and the chase scene from reloaded.

• Like 1

Rewatched SCREAM for about the 1000th time In 25 years, what with the new one coming out this week. 

How the ****ing hell have I only just noticed that the killer owned a VHS copy of one of the most important films of my youth CLERKS?!!!???!??

And now it’s just hitting me why JAY AND SILENT BOB MADE A CAMEO IN SCREAM THREE.

How the **** have I missed this for 25 years?!!

On 12/01/2022 at 21:44, Sly said:

The Gentlemen.

I’ve never heard of this film.

I enjoyed it. 

I liked it as well- got Lock Stock and Smoking Barrels/Snatch theme to it.  I think the director is same for all of these films as well?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Foxdiamond said:

Just as a matter of interest do the younger members of this forum watch any older films. For example anything older than themselves. Sorry if a boring question but genuinely would like to know

Yeah myself and a mate went through a phase of watching old black and white movies. 

My favourite was probably The Third Man with Orson Welles. I like The Maltese Falcon best of the 'Bogey' films too. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Yeah myself and a mate went through a phase of watching old black and white movies. 

My favourite was probably The Third Man with Orson Welles. I like The Maltese Falcon best of the 'Bogey' films too. 

Thank you. Always been a fan of film noir Good to know the old films are not forgotten. I know the style of acting can seem old fashioned to modern audiences but some good films out there 

• Like 2