Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

13 minutes ago, Dr Marco said:

received my city shirt today! 

GET IN! COME ON CITY!

Front.jpg

Practicing your keyboard warrior scare face? Lol

Its always nice when you first get a new top. Not sure about this years top. Holding out hope next years will be better

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

After being dropped in the shit earlier in the week and having to train a bunch of under 10 lads on my own for the first time, today was my first match in my new official role as Assistant Coach :yahoo:

Feeling quite excited to learn off the main coach and see how he runs a match day, I headed off on the 60 minute drive to the away game with my lad and his mate. Then my phone pings and it's a message from him "Hi mate, sorry to drop you in the shit again but I can't make it today, you're on your own - good luck".

So I rock up at the game and meet all the kids and their parents, all looking at me for direction and what to do :dunno: Talk about winging it, I just made it up as I went along and went with my instinct. Decided to change their formation and just be super positive and encouraging after they'd lost their previous matches 4-0, 11-1 & 16-0 so far this season.

We ended up narrowly losing 3-2 but I was so proud of em for working hard and keeping their heads up. Nice to get loads of messages from the soccer mums afterwards telling me how great I was lol

Got a text from the main coach afterwards saying well done, but I could tell it was through gritted teeth :D

Muzzet in!

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

After being dropped in the shit earlier in the week and having to train a bunch of under 10 lads on my own for the first time, today was my first match in my new official role as Assistant Coach :yahoo:

Feeling quite excited to learn off the main coach and see how he runs a match day, I headed off on the 60 minute drive to the away game with my lad and his mate. Then my phone pings and it's a message from him "Hi mate, sorry to drop you in the shit again but I can't make it today, you're on your own - good luck".

So I rock up at the game and meet all the kids and their parents, all looking at me for direction and what to do :dunno: Talk about winging it, I just made it up as I went along and went with my instinct. Decided to change their formation and just be super positive and encouraging after they'd lost their previous matches 4-0, 11-1 & 16-0 so far this season.

We ended up narrowly losing 3-2 but I was so proud of em for working hard and keeping their heads up. Nice to get loads of messages from the soccer mums afterwards telling me how great I was lol

Got a text from the main coach afterwards saying well done, but I could tell it was through gritted teeth :D

I seem to remember replying to your post earlier this week and making foul insinuations about your wild life with the playground mums......looks like I wasn't far out!  :D

Congratulations on an impressive debut.....very impressive compared to 11-1 and 16-0. Claude Puel will be feeling the pressure even more now.... 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Alf Bentley said:

Congratulations on an impressive debut.....very impressive compared to 11-1 and 16-0. Claude Puel will be feeling the pressure even more now.... 

Tbf, don’t suppose Izzy has a carthorse playing at centre-half. 

• Haha 1

On 06/10/2018 at 20:41, Izzy Muzzett said:

Well done mate,I’ve got a sneaky feeling this other coach will give a few more no shows now,and making a wild assumption will be one of the parents complaining ( like they do) if little Jonny ( why are they all ways called that in jokes based around school classrooms ) doesn’t play in the right position!

That game would have given those kids so much confidence.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Donated blood today for the 1st time ever. Was quite proud of myself actually and felt really good after, that I was giving something useful. 

Down side is I can’t have anything alcoholic for 24h. 

The Vampires thank you for your sacrifice

• Haha 1

On 06/10/2018 at 20:41, Izzy Muzzett said:

May I suggest switching to 3 at the back?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Donated blood today for the 1st time ever. Was quite proud of myself actually and felt really good after, that I was giving something useful. 

Good on ya Suze.

So much gin in your blood that whoever is the recipient has the added bonus of also getting pissed for free :D

Edited by Izzy Muzzett
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Suzie the Fox said:

I wouldn't worry too much about the drinking thing. I've been out for a couple of pints the same night. As long as you don't overdo it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Webbo said:

I wouldn't worry too much about the drinking thing. I've been out for a couple of pints the same night. As long as you don't overdo it.

Yep. Back in the days when I allowed myself to drink and was allowed to give blood, a couple of times I went straight from the blood clinic to the pub and came to no harm.

I may have imagined it, but I seemed to get pissed slightly quicker, that's all.

So, not only do you help humanity and get a free tea and biscuit, but you save money on your booze spending. :thumbup:

• Like 2

My refrigerator stopped working sunday night. T'was a long weekend here and had to take tuesday off so i could go shop for a new one. 

Not sure about England but the crap they sell here is made to break. Doest matter what brand you buy you are lucky if they dont break down within the first five years several times.

7 years ago i bought a Samsung. Within the first 5 years it had been worked on 3 or 4 times and died in the 6th year. 

Even the sales agents say it doesnt matter which one you buy as they pretty much are all cheaply made. Luck of the draw essentially.

Of course if you are willing to spend on high range appliances that changes a bit.

Was quite the crappy shopping experience but bought one and will have it delivered by saturday. In the meantime got a mini fridge from a mate and keeping two coolers full of groceries and ice.

Edited by Jattdogg

12 hours ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Well done. I got my 50 certificate a couple of years back. Haven't donated this year but you've inspired me to get booked in somewhere.

In other news, yesterday I booked a long haul holiday for next month and did some football stuff. It was a good day.

• Like 2

It's me birthday today, but suffering twice briefly today with antibiotic side effects of nausea the doc told me I'd experience. Went to a walk in centre on Sunday due to a MAN PROBLEM which worried me so got checked out. Turns out it's a common issue but because men don't talk about it, it wasn't something I'd ever heard of!

Edited by Footballwipe

1 hour ago, Footballwipe said:

It's me birthday today, but suffering twice briefly today with antibiotic side effects of nausea the doc told me I'd experience. Went to a walk in centre on Sunday due to a MAN PROBLEM which worried me so got checked out. Turns out it's a common issue but because men don't talk about it, it wasn't something I'd ever heard of!

Reading instructions, when assembling something you bought from Ikea?

I agree it is a very common fault with guys :giggle:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Footballwipe said:

Your pee do that thing where it branches into two streams?