Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

2 hours ago, Milo said:

How was the course on a the end?? Was it happy-clappy hippie stuff, or a bit more reasoned? 

Something you'd recommend? 

2 hours ago, Buce said:

It says Turbogre but I'd swear that Izzy posted that.

Or am I going mad?

2 hours ago, FoxesDeb said:

I nearly posted the exact same thing, but I thought you'd all think I was stupid. I swear I read the original post as Izzy's though.... 

20 minutes ago, Milo said:

I know - weird, innit??!

I was meant to ask Izzy how his course went...and, well... 

lol how random!

The course was fantastic thanks. I actually did it before about 3 years ago but had stopped applying my learnings of the principles. I now realise that 'outside' influences will never truly cure me of my depression (counselling, meds etc.) and it's all about me understanding my thoughts, state of consciousness, and where my experience of life really comes from - and none of it comes from 'out there' but all from the inside - out. When I'm caught up in my thinking, I'm not seeing life through a clear lens and I fall into the trap of thinking that the outside world 'makes me' feel a certain way - but that's all bollux. It's our 'thinking' about the event that determines our experience, every single time (and this changes second by second, minute by minute)

I guess the average man on the street would see all this as 'happy clappy' nonsense, but to me it all makes perfect sense. The best metaphor I can use to describe it is that of a snow-globe. It's (our) natural state is at rest, clear and calm, but when we 'shake it up' everything becomes chaotic and confusing. Just like when we start thinking of our problems and then start thinking about our thinking about it. There's no room for any fresh thinking or new insights to appear, so instead we need to slow down, stop, and actually do nothing (which sounds counter productive I know)

And beneath all that for me is to come at life from a place of love, compassion, understanding, and non judgement instead. I didn't realise how much I (we) constantly judge others and 'blame' them for 'making' us feel a certain way. What I've forgotten to recognise is that everyone is doing their best in each moment depending on the thinking that's happening for them at that time.

In summary, our thoughts determine our reality and our thoughts are not always to be trusted. I've been latching on to my negative thinking far too much recently and believing it to be my reality - which means I've felt depressed. No doubt I'll still have those thoughts, but I can choose to ignore them and wait for a more empowering one to appear instead.

If anyone else is interested in exploring this Voodoo, here's the link to the course :)

http://www.kaizen-training.com/events/heart-thriving-workshop-2/

10 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

In summary, our thoughts determine our reality and our thoughts are not always to be trusted. I've been latching on to my negative thinking far too much recently and believing it to be my reality - which means I've felt depressed. No doubt I'll still have those thoughts, but I can choose to ignore them and wait for a more empowering one to appear instead.

If anyone else is interested in exploring this Voodoo, here's the link to the course 

Mate, sounds great! I love hearing that people have experiences that inspire them and aid a positive change. Life really is too short not to be interested in things that can make you feel better about things. 

:thumbup:

My wife had been on a couple and always comes back buzzing and full of ideas. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Webbo said:

In Salou. Just been in a quiz at an English  bar. 1 question " what species contains bowhead, humpback and blue varieties? " One woman put "moths" lol

Flying back tomorrow  morning :(

Sounds like you're having a whale of a time...

On 9/30/2017 at 22:33, Webbo said:

" what species contains bowhead, humpback and blue varieties? " One woman put "moths" lol

On 9/30/2017 at 23:11, Costock_Fox said:

Humpback moths are vicious mate it's not funny.

Too fookin true !..    this bugger dive bombed me last evening ...    luckily I ducked just in time ..

images.jpg

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Currently having lunch at The Living Room in Manchester.

Wouldn't mind living in this city.

I've got a lot of time for Manchester, mainly down to how welcoming I've always found Mancunians.

• Like 1

On 10/2/2017 at 11:21, Lovejoy said:

Anyone else got this stinker of a cold?

The hot and cold temperature swings have now gone, as have the shivers (though Lemsip Max kept them at bay well).

Now just left with a red-raw throat, constant hawking up of mucous chunks - and energy levels at 75% of normal, up from 20%.

Too much info, I know....

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Lovejoy said:

I've got a lot of time for Manchester, mainly down to how welcoming I've always found Mancunians.

I enjoyed my years living in Manchester (mid-90s).

I always tell people that Manchester, not Birmingham, is the second city of England. I found most Mancunians friendly, open, often brusque and opinionated, but humorous with it.

There's a fair bit of grime and squalour (more when I went back recently than in 90s) but some handsome Victorian buildings, too. It seems to have a sense of itself as an important city, in a way that Brum doesn't.

• Like 4