Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Father Ted

What are you watching now?

I think this is my 1st post in here.

Just watched lcfc v Burnley front the 66/67 season on BT sports

5-1 to us

Banks, Rodriques 1, Sjoberg,  Cross, Norman, Sinclair 2, Roberts, Gibson 1,  Goodfellow,  Stringfellow1, Dougan.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, davieG said:

I think this is my 1st post in here.

Just watched lcfc v Burnley front the 66/67 season on BT sports

5-1 to us

Banks, Rodriques 1, Sjoberg,  Cross, Norman, Sinclair 2, Roberts, Gibson 1,  Goodfellow,  Stringfellow1, Dougan.

If Dyche isn't in a pram waving pound notes I don't want to know.

• 1 month later...

Just finished watching the first season of westworld. 

Possibly the best first season of a tv show I've ever seen. Absolutely outstanding. Engaging complicated storyline backed up by some of the best actors around. 

They're saying they have the material for 5 seasons already, can't wait for the next one. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, stripeyfox said:

Yes. This. Started watching last week. Absolutely loving it. Very well put together. I think they are planning six seasons of it! 

Yep - 60 hours overall apparently. I also read that they're going to re-cast the main parts to keep up with ageing. Not sure how that would work as Claire Foy and Matt Smith have been pretty good. Alex Jennings who plays Edward VIII has been excellent IMO. (and Jared Harris as George VI).

Apparently they spent £100m on it - money well spent!

6 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Yep - 60 hours overall apparently. I also read that they're going to re-cast the main parts to keep up with ageing. Not sure how that would work as Claire Foy and Matt Smith have been pretty good. Alex Jennings who plays Edward VIII has been excellent IMO. (and Jared Harris as George VI).

Apparently they spent £100m on it - money well spent!

I would agree that the characters have been excellent so far. Claire Foy looks like the young Queen. I am surprised that despite the relatively slow pace of the show, it is still gripping. In Episode 4 (I think) we have only just got to her Coronation (which was brilliantly reconstructed btw).

I thought the scene where the Duke of Windsor was watching the Coronation on TV was really well done, he portrayed the conflicting emotions of pride, regret and sadness brilliantly. 

Looking forward to finishing Season 1 this weekend but then god knows how long we have to wait for the next instalment.

btw, for those who have not seen it and may be "put off" I would say that it isn't pro Royal as such and can still be enjoyed by those who are not "royalists".

• Like 1

On 8 December 2016 at 15:51, RobHawk said:

Anyone watching 60 days in Prison on channel 4?

I started watching this when it first came on, and then, because I'm a bit of an annorac with stuff like that, smashed through the whole first and second season online in a weekend.

intriguing viewing but I can't help but think it's a bit staged.

That Robert is one of the biggest bellends I've ever seen in my life. 

On 9 December 2016 at 21:15, Manini said:

I started watching this when it first came on, and then, because I'm a bit of an annorac with stuff like that, smashed through the whole first and second season online in a weekend.

intriguing viewing but I can't help but think it's a bit staged.

That Robert is one of the biggest bellends I've ever seen in my life. 

I'm in the same boat but not quite as quick as you. Just the series 2 exit show to watching! I've loved it and found it intriguing. I'm not sure it was staged so much as edited to play on ever little drama and made mountains out of molehills. Would recommend it to others though.

your right, that Robert was one weird dude!