Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Pretty much the entirety of a generation of La Masia graduates, including Xavi and Iniesta, grew up citing Paul Scholes as an influence tbf. 

It's not made up quotes. 

A70elM7CcAAFHk_.jpg

Iniesta even named his son after him. 

Like, feel free to dislike the guy, you're allowed your opinion fair play but Scholes was very highly regarded by fellow professionals across Europe. 

I’m not sure if you’re serious

12 minutes ago, Chiltern Fox said:

Been watching true blood on sky boxsets recently.

I find the sookie stackhouse character realy irritating. Just cant stand her or see the fascination in her by the opposite sex.

Wrong thread?

I liked True Blood. The ginger vampire is miles fitter than Anna Paquin though. No not Paul Scholes... 

Edited by The Bear

2 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Wrong thread?

I liked True Blood. The ginger vampire is miles fitter than Anna Paquin though. No not Paul Scholes... 

It peeded me off, so thought it would fit into this thread. 

I think the ginger one is Jessica. My favourites (for obvious reasons) were dawn, amy and daphne. All waitresses at merlottes.

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Pretty much the entirety of a generation of La Masia graduates, including Xavi and Iniesta, grew up citing Paul Scholes as an influence tbf. 

It's not made up quotes. 

A70elM7CcAAFHk_.jpg

Like, feel free to dislike the guy, you're allowed your opinion fair play but Scholes was very highly regarded by fellow professionals across Europe. 

Fair play, if its a bit of a text written on a picture on the internet then it must be genuine.

Like how Mahatma Gandhi once advised that one should never back the early kick off.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Fair play, if its a bit of a text written on a picture on the internet then it must be genuine.

Like how Mahatma Gandhi once advised that one should never back the early kick off.

"**** this shit" - Mother Theresa

33 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Just now, MattP said:

"**** this shit" - Mother Theresa

problem-with-internet-quotes-is-that-you

3 hours ago, Finnegan said:

It's not made up quotes. 

Slightly overrated ....    and who would call their son Scholes Iniesta !! ...     weird.

54 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I'm not sure if you are tbf. 

He was top class and I don’t doubt that the top players rated him highly but come on. As for Iniesta naming his son after him lol 

From the guy who duped Sky Sports into all of the fake Lincoln Red Imps info

0C6D26E9-F07D-4E37-957F-0F71DD2A6DE4.jpeg

Edited by RonnieTodger

4 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

He was top class and I don’t doubt that the top players rated him highly but come on. As for Iniesta naming his son after him lol 

From the guy who duped Sky Sports into all of the fake Lincoln Red Imps info

0C6D26E9-F07D-4E37-957F-0F71DD2A6DE4.jpeg

I appreciate the Iniesta's son bit could absolutely full well be rubbish and I may well have just bitten there but I've sat and watched interviews with my own two eyes of Xavi and others from Barcelona's academy talk about how they looked up to him and how he was discussed at La Masia. 

There's articles from credible newspapers and UEFA themselves I've just posted above quoting interviews from Xavi and others claiming he was someone they aspired to emulate for his range of passing, reading of space and retention of the ball. 

For what it's worth, Xavi goes on to revere Gascoigne, Barnes and other English midfielders as well and was extremely vocal about being a big fan of English football growing up. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, murphy said:

Being told off for something you 'did' in someone else's dream.

Firstly it didn't happen and secondly that shit is a product of your imagination, not mine.  Tell yourself off.

dude, i have cheated on my wife at least once a month since we got together. all in her dreams

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

If you had to name a Premier League XI since it began in 1992, Scholes would not make the squad, let alone the starting X1. In terms of ability Xabi Alonso was far superior in every aspect of his game.

Scholes and Xabi Alonso were two different types of midfielder though.

Anyway, everyone's midfield would probably involve trying to put Gerrard and Lampard together.

On 03/01/2020 at 11:26, Parafox said:

I'm not that old and I'm certainly not miserable and I understand you wanting to spend time with your kids. However, particularly during the busy hectic festive shopping period, parents should take a look around at the lengthy queues at the checkouts and say "not today" when their offspring are already whinging. 

Or you can go shopping on quieter times 🧐