Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

On 18/02/2020 at 01:04, ScouseFox said:

people who try and make conversation in work emails, when they are emailed to a group. 

“could someone in your team just sort this out for me, please?”

”sure i’ll get on it right away. i was meant to do that yesterday but i got sidetracked because my kid was ill and i had to finish early. working from home looking after him today so won’t be having our usual 3 o’clock shop run! will let you know when it’s sorted” 

literally fu ck off. just do what she asked and when you have, reply with one word, “done”. then we can all get on with our day. 

You need some lessons on communication with different personalities.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Parafox said:

The change given by self checkouts in supermarkets, in particular Asda. My shopping came to exactly £19:50 the other day and instead of a single 50p piece I got 2 x 10p's 4 x 5p's 3 x 2p's and 4 x1p's. :angry:

No doubt piled on top of the receipt so it’s really tricky to gather and pocket. 

25 minutes ago, Blarmy said:

No doubt piled on top of the receipt so it’s really tricky to gather and pocket. 

Self checkouts don't normally hand you your change and receipts, they just come out if different parts of the machine lol

2 hours ago, Parafox said:

The change given by self checkouts in supermarkets, in particular Asda. My shopping came to exactly £19:50 the other day and instead of a single 50p piece I got 2 x 10p's 4 x 5p's 3 x 2p's and 4 x1p's. :angry:

i do almost anything i can to avoid getting the (aussie) 50 cent piece... it big, heavy and stupidly shaped ...if i get one in change it goes straight into the nearest donation tin

What grinds my gears is folk at the front of a queue in small post offices who insist on leaving a gap of at least 10 feet between themselves and the person being served. Everyone else behind them in the queue has to be squashed up like a tinned sardine in order to squeeze inside the door. Why don't they realise that their consideration for the privacy of the person being served is completely negated by their lack of consideration for everyone else behind them?

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, String fellow said:

What grinds my gears is folk at the front of a queue in small post offices who insist on leaving a gap of at least 10 feet between themselves and the person being served. Everyone else behind them in the queue has to be squashed up like a tinned sardine in order to squeeze inside the door. Why don't they realise that their consideration for the privacy of the person being served is completely negated by their lack of consideration for everyone else behind them?

Also anyone who needs to take longer than a minute to do what they need to do, I don’t care if you’re a regular and know the person behind the counter, I do not want to be waiting any longer whilst you discuss your bunions in front of everyone. 

Yes, I agree. Furthermore, every post office should have at least one counter just for people who want to do quick financial transactions and just one other counter for all those cheapskates who want to sell their household junk on eBay and who take forever to get their parcels of junk dealt with by the cashier.

1 hour ago, RumbleFox said:

People who stand really close behind you in the Post Office when you are being served and then get annoyed because you have more than 1 item to post as if going into a Post Office with more than one thing is a crime.:ph34r:

You dont like to cuddle with strangers in the post office line? 

• Like 1

On 25/02/2020 at 15:20, String fellow said:

Yes, I agree. Furthermore, every post office should have at least one counter just for people who want to do quick financial transactions and just one other counter for all those cheapskates who want to sell their household junk on eBay and who take forever to get their parcels of junk dealt with by the cashier.

I’ll have you know I do very well selling my junk on eBay.  My junk brings all the boys to the yard. 

21 minutes ago, z-layrex said:

****ing willy pullers on ebay wanting near full price for used electronics. Looking at used graphics cards, everyone wants near the price you can get them for new!

I used to use Ebay all the time, but haven't for ages now. Gumtree, Facebook Market Place and Freecycle are my go to places for everything. 

The entitlement and the privilege of the last four generations (Boomers through to Gen Z) and the arrogance which comes with it. So used to having it our own way we become a bunch of insufferable cvnts when anyone else has an adversarial opinion or world views.

The worst one for me at the moment is the braindead responses to vegan options at buffets, meals, restaurants etc. 

“Huh huh, if you want BURGER so much why don’t you eat a MEAT one? Why would you copy meat products into vegan options?? Checkmate!”

Wow, it’s almost like people enjoy creative cooking and dishes with flavour. Why do meat-eaters not just boil chunks of beef and chicken without seasoning and eat it like that? Need seasoning? Sounds like you don’t like meat!

I’m not even vegan, I enjoy dairy product and seafood too much, but it’s such knuckledragging mouthbreather stupidity I can’t help but get pissed off by it. 

Meat is Murder morons who scream from their soapboxes are also nobheads, but I see far more IQ-absent contrarian meateater posts so it’s totally overshadowed at this point.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Finnaldo said:

The entitlement and the privilege of the last four generations (Boomers through to Gen Z) and the arrogance which comes with it. So used to having it our own way we become a bunch of insufferable cvnts when anyone else has an adversarial opinion or world views.

The worst one for me at the moment is the braindead responses to vegan options at buffets, meals, restaurants etc. 

“Huh huh, if you want BURGER so much why don’t you eat a MEAT one? Why would you copy meat products into vegan options?? Checkmate!”

Wow, it’s almost like people enjoy creative cooking and dishes with flavour. Why do meat-eaters not just boil chunks of beef and chicken without seasoning and eat it like that? Need seasoning? Sounds like you don’t like meat!

I’m not even vegan, I enjoy dairy product and seafood too much, but it’s such knuckledragging mouthbreather stupidity I can’t help but get pissed off by it. 

Meat is Murder morons who scream from their soapboxes are also nobheads, but I see far more IQ-absent contrarian meateater posts so it’s totally overshadowed at this point.

https://7news.com.au/politics/queensland-mp-bob-katter-says-no-to-fourn-twentys-new-meat-free-pie-c-717639

May have been mentioned elsewhere but how monsters like that Weinstein cvnt suddenly turn into frail shuffling old men when they know they are going to be found guilty ...  conniving sneaky b@stards !!   Used to be a well used trick of Mafia dons back in the day but was also a favourite ploy of captured Nazis.  I remember a documentary about a holocaust survivor at the trial of a very sadistic guard and how she actually considered not testifying against this "frail old man" she saw in the dock ...    however, when he was asked something that really pissed him off he puffed himself right up and glared at the prosecutor ...   she instantly remembered that chilling look from the evil b@stard and it all came flooding back ...    she changed her mind and testified.

• Like 3