Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

13 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

People at airports.

Walking and stopping with no thought of those walking behind them.

Getting to security and only at the final moment decide to take off belt, jewellery etc and take out laptop, slowing everyone in the queue down.

Going for a slash as soon as they get on the plane as everyone boards, holding up people in the aisle - go for a wee in the many bogs at the airport beforehand!

Being unnecessarily rude to cabin crew who are there to help and potentially save your life.

And other similar stuff.

Not to mention standing INCHES away from the conveyor waiting for your bags.  FFS you wont get them any faster you just block everything!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, String fellow said:

What grinds my gears is cars fitted with a screen on the dashboard which provides fancy graphics for the radio and maybe includes a reversing camera, but which doesn't include a sat nav screen. How daft is that? 

Chances are that the satnav was an optional upgrade that the original owner decided was not good value.

On 13/02/2020 at 22:24, UpTheLeagueFox said:

People at airports.

Walking and stopping with no thought of those walking behind them.

Getting to security and only at the final moment decide to take off belt, jewellery etc and take out laptop, slowing everyone in the queue down.

Going for a slash as soon as they get on the plane as everyone boards, holding up people in the aisle - go for a wee in the many bogs at the airport beforehand!

Being unnecessarily rude to cabin crew who are there to help and potentially save your life.

And other similar stuff.

Having flown yesterday I can fully appreciate all of this.

I would add, those bellends that dont understand filtering off a flight once its landed. We all wait for those in front of us to get out of their seats, get their bags, and we go after. But no, just literally shoulder charge someone in the aisle to get out  before them, despite the already massive queue once you are off the plane. Happened to my missus yesterday. Getting up to leave, she gets out to retrieve our bags from the overhead lockers, three different blokes smash her out the way. This enrages her (as it would me), making for a wonderful 2 hour drive home for me. I am yet to hear the end of it. Wánkers.

Also, Ryanair's "on time" jingle can get in the bin.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kopic said:

I would add, those bellends that dont understand filtering off a flight once its landed. We all wait for those in front of us to get out of their seats, get their bags, and we go after. But no, just literally shoulder charge someone in the aisle to get out  before them, despite the already massive queue once you are off the plane. Happened to my missus yesterday. Getting up to leave, she gets out to retrieve our bags from the overhead lockers, three different blokes smash her out the way. This enrages her (as it would me), making for a wonderful 2 hour drive home for me. I am yet to hear the end of it. Wánkers.

Yep, I could easily have included that in my list. The etiquette is to let people leave the plane row by row, not muscle past. I have put my arm out before to stop people going out of turn.

As someone else mentioned, getting bags off the carousel should not involve such pushing and shoving and hitting people with cases as you remove them.

Airports and planes do seem to make people lose their common sense.

• Like 1

The strange English accented automated/robotic voice that seems to be the voiceover of numerous YouTube videos I’ve tried to watch recently. I don’t know why but I find the voice and the inflections unbearable and have to stop watching within seconds - like nails on a chalkboard.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, oakman said:

The strange English accented automated/robotic voice that seems to be the voiceover of numerous YouTube videos I’ve tried to watch recently. I don’t know why but I find the voice and the inflections unbearable and have to stop watching within seconds - like nails on a chalkboard.

You get that a lot with supernatural/conspiracy theory videos, they all seem to be voiced either by computers or the Burger King foot lettuce dude.

Was woken up at 3:30 this morning by an automated message from the flood warning helpline saying "Immediate action needed, flooding very likely". I've never signed up for anything so they must have my number from some database. I've lived here 8 years this year and I've never flooded, I don't live close enough to the river or canal for it to flood. So thanks flood warning helpline for waking me up at 3:30 on a Sunday to warn me about something that won't happen! 

Edited by Facecloth
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Facecloth said:

Was woken up at 3:30 this morning by an automated message from the flood warning helpline saying "Immediate action needed, flooding very likely". I've never signed up for anything so they must have my number from some database. I've lived here 8 years this year and I've never flooded, I don't live close enough to the river or canal for it to flood. So thanks flood warning helpline for waking me up at 3:30 on a Sunday to warn me about something that won't happen! 

Immediate action required, what are you supposed to do? Take a couple of oars to bed?

• Haha 3

people who try and make conversation in work emails, when they are emailed to a group. 

“could someone in your team just sort this out for me, please?”

”sure i’ll get on it right away. i was meant to do that yesterday but i got sidetracked because my kid was ill and i had to finish early. working from home looking after him today so won’t be having our usual 3 o’clock shop run! will let you know when it’s sorted” 

literally fu ck off. just do what she asked and when you have, reply with one word, “done”. then we can all get on with our day. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ScouseFox said:

people who try and make conversation in work emails, when they are emailed to a group. 

“could someone in your team just sort this out for me, please?”

”sure i’ll get on it right away. i was meant to do that yesterday but i got sidetracked because my kid was ill and i had to finish early. working from home looking after him today so won’t be having our usual 3 o’clock shop run! will let you know when it’s sorted” 

literally fu ck off. just do what she asked and when you have, reply with one word, “done”. then we can all get on with our day. 

Noted.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

I notice a tendency for English speakers to stress the "g" when their sentence ends with a word ending with a "g".

So annoyingg.

And also the opposite. Lazy English speakers (especially from Lesta) have a tendency to drop the "g"

So annoyin