Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

22 minutes ago, pSinatra said:

People who cant play the drums but think they can. Tapping away to the radio like a twat & just making a noise

8 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Someone at work who keeps doing their Michael Caine impersonation.

The thing is; it sounds absolutely nothing like him, more like he's got a bunged- up nose.

thisll get ya :)

39 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Someone at work who keeps doing their Michael Caine impersonation.

The thing is; it sounds absolutely nothing like him, more like he's got a bunged- up nose.

How do you react? Those scenarios are always tough, do you go for the pity smile/laugh, give him a confused look or just carrying on and pretend it didnt happen?

1 hour ago, Nalis said:

How do you react? Those scenarios are always tough, do you go for the pity smile/laugh, give him a confused look or just carrying on and pretend it didnt happen?

I had no idea it was supposed to be Michael Caine, he wasn't even saying things like 'Blow the bloody doors off'. During a random chat he would suddenly drop into a heavily 'nasal' voice, so on one occasion I asked why he did it. When he told me it was his Michael Caine I found myself immediately saying that it sounds nothing like him.

He did look a little hurt actually....

Edited by Free Falling Foxes
  • Haha 1

Edgy neo-Malthusians who are welcoming the current situation with open arms as a "natural correction".

Guys, you're either fascist or stupidly nihilist, pick one. - and you're certainly inured from the worst of what's going on if you see it either of those ways.

• Like 1

BBC news have just spent the last half an hour solidly repeating the exact same thing regarding Prince Charles, over and over and over. At one point the newsreader told us twice that he had coronavirus, they then went to a royal correspondent who told us the same thing. Then she reread the statement, got cut off, the news reader finished it, they got the correspondent back and she read it all again. They then left her and went to another royal correspondent who told us it all again. What a waste of ****ing time and resources.

1 hour ago, Facecloth said:

BBC news have just spent the last half an hour solidly repeating the exact same thing regarding Prince Charles, over and over and over. At one point the newsreader told us twice that he had coronavirus, they then went to a royal correspondent who told us the same thing. Then she reread the statement, got cut off, the news reader finished it, they got the correspondent back and she read it all again. They then left her and went to another royal correspondent who told us it all again. What a waste of ****ing time and resources.

BBC news have just spent the last half an hour solidly repeating the exact same thing regarding Prince Charles, over and over and over. At one point the newsreader told us twice that he had coronavirus, they then went to a royal correspondent who told us the same thing. Then she reread the statement, got cu

Edited by abc

On 18/03/2020 at 08:48, Beliall said:

Greedy, selfish ****ing bastards who are too lazy to go out and panic buy have booked up all the home delivery slots for the next 2 weeks in all the supermarkets round us. i can make time to go and do it manually, but theres thousands of elderly and disabled out there who are ****ed. check your neighbours have everything they need, they're going to need some help

**** that, once I’ve taught the kids how to use a homemade bow and arrow, we will be looting delivery drivers for practice.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Its something that gets brought up every now and then, but with what going on now it's all over social media. It's the we should swap footballers wages, and nhs workers wages. Yeah, that's not how it work is it. One lot are like many of us, paid by a private company, the other paid by the government. Also paying 50000 of nurses £50-£100k a week would bankrupt the country.

And I know footballers are paid an obscene amount, but so are actors, presenters, musicians etc., nobody brings them up in this debate. The Friends cast were pulling in £1m an episode about 20 years ago, god knows what they'd earn now, or what the stars of the biggest sitcoms are getting now.

• Like 4

(Some) joggers.

Seem to think they have the highest of all rights when running over other mere mortals walking to the shop to get essentials.

Hogging footpaths and looking at others with complete distain as if to say 'how dare you pedestrians leave your house and potentially spread corona virus? Only those like me should be outside.' Dickheads.

5 hours ago, Nalis said:

(Some) joggers.

Seem to think they have the highest of all rights when running over other mere mortals walking to the shop to get essentials.

Hogging footpaths and looking at others with complete distain as if to say 'how dare you pedestrians leave your house and potentially spread corona virus? Only those like me should be outside.' Dickheads.

I've made a deliberate point of going onto the road or making a quite obvious movement away from them when I've been out jogging.

Some people acknowledge I'm safe distancing, which is nice.

Some don't.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

I've made a deliberate point of going onto the road or making a quite obvious movement away from them when I've been out jogging.

Some people acknowledge I'm safe distancing, which is nice.

Some don't.

Yeah ditto. Made a point of acknowledging them when moving so far out the way as if to say no hard feelings too. A fair few people still insist on taking up as much space as possible walking side by side even when you’re trying to run as far away as possible.

On 26/03/2020 at 21:43, Facecloth said:

Its something that gets brought up every now and then, but with what going on now it's all over social media. It's the we should swap footballers wages, and nhs workers wages. Yeah, that's not how it work is it. One lot are like many of us, paid by a private company, the other paid by the government. Also paying 50000 of nurses £50-£100k a week would bankrupt the country.

And I know footballers are paid an obscene amount, but so are actors, presenters, musicians etc., nobody brings them up in this debate. The Friends cast were pulling in £1m an episode about 20 years ago, god knows what they'd earn now, or what the stars of the biggest sitcoms are getting now.

It's all supply and demand;  There is only a few players at the very top, whereas many many people are capable of being a good nurse.  

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Dog walkers that let their devil dogs just run at young kids and then just say "Don't worry, they love children" not realising that the child might not like dogs and they probably have added to their anxiety of them ten fold. 

Character building.

On 26/03/2020 at 22:43, Facecloth said:

Price of an Open Capitalist society....

Now if you all followed Karl Marx,with a buddhist life style like me.........

On 26/03/2020 at 22:43, Facecloth said:

Price of an Open Capitalist society....

Now if you all followed Karl Marx,with a buddhist life style like me.........

Young healthy looking people moaning their fookin heads off on national news that the government has reacted too slowly to getting them home from wherever they’ve gone off to ...  fook off ! ..  we’ve had a few other things to think about pal !! ...  should have shifted your arse and got back sooner !!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Countryfox said:

Young healthy looking people moaning their fookin heads off on national news that the government has reacted too slowly to getting them home from wherever they’ve gone off to ...  fook off ! ..  we’ve had a few other things to think about pal !! ...  should have shifted your arse and got back sooner !!

Might not have been possible from the country they were in...