Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Just feeling flat at the minute.

Work’s a bit crap, ‘ Restructuring’ :cry:

Road Works everywhere :protest:

The City are well...:nono:

Go to watch the Tigers.....:unsure:

Booked to go to Verona in July....:dunno:

Stock Market and my pension plummeting :mellow:

All adding up and the little things are starting to get to me. 

1 hour ago, Livid said:

With all that going on, I bet you’re Livid.

2 hours ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Yeah, I don't get that some people can't comprehend how contagious this thing is with all the data and charts in the news.

The problem is we’ve had years and years of the media drilling us with scare tactics and promoting fear, that when something serious actually happens no body believes them. It’s the boy who cried wolf on a humongous scale.

Edited by Aus Fox
  • Like 1

The recorded scam calls i am receiving daily about £39.99 being transfered out of my bank account for my Amazon subscription. Today its been x3 so far and its just winding me up something rotten. At 1st i would just hang up but now i waste as much time on the phone pretending to not understand or giving them fake information and waste their time like they are mine. 

Something really does need to be done about the amount of calls that come thru on my landline that are just scams. I wish there was a way to block them like i can on my mobile, but most are international and as far as i am aware there is nothing that can be done about them. 

Really does grind my gears!

5 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

The recorded scam calls i am receiving daily about £39.99 being transfered out of my bank account for my Amazon subscription. Today its been x3 so far and its just winding me up something rotten. At 1st i would just hang up but now i waste as much time on the phone pretending to not understand or giving them fake information and waste their time like they are mine. 

Something really does need to be done about the amount of calls that come thru on my landline that are just scams. I wish there was a way to block them like i can on my mobile, but most are international and as far as i am aware there is nothing that can be done about them. 

Just don't answer? 

9 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

When you know it's them, just answer the phone and say "It's done, there's blood everywhere" and hang up.

• Haha 1

On 08/03/2020 at 20:51, Livid said:

I don't think you're the only one. The world is basically going to hell in a handcart at the moment.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Football clubs posting how they're donating the spare food to charity. Can't they do it without telling the world?

While the cynic in me does think it could be point-scoring - taking that hat off (and more importantly), the exposure that tweet/s will have could raise awareness of local charities, or make people think about things they might have previously thrown away. More importantly, loads of stuff is going to those that need it.

I genuinely don't think promoting it was done for self-serving purposes and the only thing coming from it is good.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Anyone posting on social media ‘facts’ about the Corona virus. 
The WHO won’t tell you this, but Sandra in the supermarket said...

Feck off Sandra stop posting shit you don’t know about.

This goes for anyone posting how things are getting better/worse without any evidence.

One of the (few) good things to come out this is that apparently people are getting more sceptical of where they get their news sources from on covid 19.