Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

4 hours ago, Finnaldo said:

The entitlement and the privilege of the last four generations (Boomers through to Gen Z) and the arrogance which comes with it. So used to having it our own way we become a bunch of insufferable cvnts when anyone else has an adversarial opinion or world views.

The worst one for me at the moment is the braindead responses to vegan options at buffets, meals, restaurants etc. 

“Huh huh, if you want BURGER so much why don’t you eat a MEAT one? Why would you copy meat products into vegan options?? Checkmate!”

Wow, it’s almost like people enjoy creative cooking and dishes with flavour. Why do meat-eaters not just boil chunks of beef and chicken without seasoning and eat it like that? Need seasoning? Sounds like you don’t like meat!

I’m not even vegan, I enjoy dairy product and seafood too much, but it’s such knuckledragging mouthbreather stupidity I can’t help but get pissed off by it. 

Meat is Murder morons who scream from their soapboxes are also nobheads, but I see far more IQ-absent contrarian meateater posts so it’s totally overshadowed at this point.

Its human nature to push back a little against the promtion of Vegan everything.  As the old joke goes, "how can you tell someone is a vegan?  They tell you!"  there is a lot of promotion of veganism going on, so you will get push back.  I would argue people who not only are a Vegan themselves (go for it!) but tell others they should be vegan can sod off.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Its human nature to push back a little against the promtion of Vegan everything.  As the old joke goes, "how can you tell someone is a vegan?  They tell you!"  there is a lot of promotion of veganism going on, so you will get push back.  I would argue people who not only are a Vegan themselves (go for it!) but tell others they should be vegan can sod off.

I mean I covered that in my post at the end to be fair. Vegan Warriors telling everyone else they’re morally corrupts are weirdos.

If a place announces they have a vegan item on an otherwise meat-saturated menu, and your first thought is to go on some rant about how oppressed meat eaters are or some zero sum bollocks about how you should only be eating boiled cabbage if you’re vegan, I’m going to assume you’re not right in the head. 

2 hours ago, Finnaldo said:

I mean I covered that in my post at the end to be fair. Vegan Warriors telling everyone else they’re morally corrupts are weirdos.

If a place announces they have a vegan item on an otherwise meat-saturated menu, and your first thought is to go on some rant about how oppressed meat eaters are or some zero sum bollocks about how you should only be eating boiled cabbage if you’re vegan, I’m going to assume you’re not right in the head. 

Yes indeed.  Twats.  

• Thanks 1

On 26/02/2020 at 21:48, FoxesDeb said:

I used to use Ebay all the time, but haven't for ages now. Gumtree, Facebook Market Place and Freecycle are my go to places for everything. 

Hmm the situation for GPU's seems no better on those sites too.

Honestly though you can't blame them when there are so many stupid buyers out there. I just watched a USED card go for £390, you can buy it new on amazon for £359.99. What is wrong with people. lol

• Haha 1

On 28/02/2020 at 15:28, AKCJ said:

All those freaks that reply to everything on twitter with a picture of the Arsenal Fan TV bloke with different ways of saying "dub".

On 28/02/2020 at 15:18, RonnieTodger said:

That Mbappe crying celebration gif 

I think twitter is fantastic if you follow the right people, but I'll throw the DHOTY lot into this in all. Each one desperately trying to be first to show the pie chart jpeg or the skybet ODDS ON THIS HAPPENING ! bollocks. Weirdos.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Izzy said:

"We're not panic buying, we're just preparing for the worst case scenario..."

Righto :rolleyes:

Have you checked your cupboards lately, I'm sure your wife will have been stocking up on pasta even if you don't know about it! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

Have you checked your cupboards lately, I'm sure your wife will have been stocking up on pasta even if you don't know about it! 

I doubt it Deb, for three reasons:

1. She never buys fvck all food - I have to pay for it all :rolleyes:

2. She can't cook to save her life so she'd have no idea what to do with it anyway

3. She's a short arse and can't reach the cupboard where we keep the pasta

Actually, why the fvck did I marry her?

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Izzy said:

"We're not panic buying, we're just preparing for the worst case scenario..."

Righto :rolleyes:

Went into my local Tesco for first time in a week this evening.For dog food.Was dreading empty shelf’s.As expected nearly all cleaning products gone.Not much soap left either, but loads of shower head cleaner.Plenty of baked beans but weirdly tinned tomatoes looking sparse.No sweet corn.Hate it anyway.Everything else in plentiful supply.Except for bread but that’s not unusual.The biggest shock though was that the amazing Andrex £5 for 12 rolls offer is still going,and there were actually some left.Must admit I couldn’t resist myself and slipped a pack under my arm.

• Like 1

A local company that loans out equipment for the elderly, such as walking frames, expects people to return that equipment when it's not longer required. However, when you ring them up to ask them to collect it, all you get is a recorded message promising that they'll ring back to arrange a day/time for collecting the stuff. But they never ring back! After several days of trying to get through to a real person, I've found their address and took it back myself. When I told them of my difficulties to arrange a collection, they didn't say anything. There's nothing more gear-grinding than organisations that treat their customers with such contempt. 

1 hour ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

People who pick up dog poo in a bag, tie it up and leave it on the floor. why???

Yeah this winds me up so much.

I think they have no intention of picking up after their dog but do when they are being watched and then drop it as soon as out of sight. I’ve seen them lying on the pavements just yards away from bins. We share this planet with some right quarterwits.

• Like 1