Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

6 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Some maybe ...  but I know some (personally) who just didn’t want to cut their holidays short ...  

This. Same thing here in Canada. People knew there was a problem, we had cases yet they thought why should i cancel my march break vacation as i will lose my money (they didnt buy travel insurance).  Selfish tits. Lesson learned, buy travel insurance next time right? Nope,  they won't.

I actually blame the Canadian and provoncial governments for allowing people to leave on March break. They knew thousands upon thousands of families were off with kids from school and had booked vacations. They didnt want to be the bad guy and basically said come back and quarantine yourselves for 2 weeks. I mean our schools announced before the break they were closing for 2 weeks after march break so that it forced students and parents into isolation almost (at least here in Ontario). Not good enough.

All travel should have been stopped (in and out except business) in February but noooooo why get ahead of the game thats crazy talk!

Didnt learn fck all from the SARS craziness did they.

Edited by Jattdogg
  • Like 1

We had a message from the High Commission yesterday, which said if Brits are working in Zambia they should head home now.  Fortunately I know people there, so I contacted them and asked what that was about. Apparently it was sent out by mistake. They said that as soon as the flights are full or cancelled people are complaining about not being able to leave countries. I have no sympathy. We are choosing to stay, because this is where we live. But we could have left weeks ago, and I am sure the same with the tourists. It's not like it isn't on the media constantly.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Merging Cultures said:

We had a message from the High Commission yesterday, which said if Brits are working in Zambia they should head home now.  Fortunately I know people there, so I contacted them and asked what that was about. Apparently it was sent out by mistake. They said that as soon as the flights are full or cancelled people are complaining about not being able to leave countries. I have no sympathy. We are choosing to stay, because this is where we live. But we could have left weeks ago, and I am sure the same with the tourists. It's not like it isn't on the media constantly.

How are the Zambian authorities dealing with it? My cousin's in lockdown in Botswana, says they've banned the sale of alcohol and cigarettes for a month to discourage parties and try to keep everyone indoors. Very unpopular decision!

Just now, urban.spaceman said:

How are the Zambian authorities dealing with it? My cousin's in lockdown in Botswana, says they've banned the sale of alcohol and cigarettes for a month to discourage parties and try to keep everyone indoors. Very unpopular decision!

Jesus Christ, I'd be at my wits end! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Maybe they will be able to kick the habits and then come out of this saving some cash when they no longer need to fork out for either (if jobs exist). Positives??!?!

Old People

Why are 75% of the people I see out & about old people.  Its like Dawn of the Dead out there.

I haven't been shopping for food for nearly 3 weeks.  I'm running low.  When I last went, I bought as much as I could, that would last as long as possible.  Not because I was hoarding, but to lessen the risk to me & other people by regular visits to the supermarket.

I've been to the supermarket twice in the last week, seen the queue & thought 'fvck that'.  The car park is busier now than I have ever seen it.  The vast majority of people in the queue are old & have probably been to the supermarket a dozen times since I last went.

I know going to the supermarket gets you out of the house, but it could also kill you & you could also pass on any virus.  I'm still working 9 hours a day & I dont have 3 hours spare to stand in a queue behind a load of geriatrics who were probably in Morrisons yesterday & will probably be there tomorrow as well.

Which part of lockdown don't you understand?

EE. Ordered a phone off them when it was low in stock, had an email yesterday saying it was out of stock now and I should look for alternatives. Why ****ing let me order a phone if its out of stock? Wasted £20 on a phone case for it aswell, I don't really wanna go through the hassle of changing network when I get an easy 20% off phone contracts with them.

Should probably clarify when I say out of stock, I mean out of stock and they're not getting any more in. Hence "soz you best look for another phone"

Edited by Walkers
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, pSinatra said:

Old People

Why are 75% of the people I see out & about old people.  Its like Dawn of the Dead out there.

I haven't been shopping for food for nearly 3 weeks.  I'm running low.  When I last went, I bought as much as I could, that would last as long as possible.  Not because I was hoarding, but to lessen the risk to me & other people by regular visits to the supermarket.

I've been to the supermarket twice in the last week, seen the queue & thought 'fvck that'.  The car park is busier now than I have ever seen it.  The vast majority of people in the queue are old & have probably been to the supermarket a dozen times since I last went.

I know going to the supermarket gets you out of the house, but it could also kill you & you could also pass on any virus.  I'm still working 9 hours a day & I dont have 3 hours spare to stand in a queue behind a load of geriatrics who were probably in Morrisons yesterday & will probably be there tomorrow as well.

Which part of lockdown don't you understand?

yep, one good thing that will hopefully come from this is that society will realise it’s old people who are pretty much all cu nts and not “the bloody youth of today”. 

there was still groups of old people doing dog walking clubs in the park last week. they’ve literally been told if they go outside they’ll probably die and they’re all either too stupid or too up themselves to get it into their heads. 

absolute joke. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

yep, one good thing that will hopefully come from this is that society will realise it’s old people who are pretty much all cu nts and not “the bloody youth of today”. 

there was still groups of old people doing dog walking clubs in the park last week. they’ve literally been told if they go outside they’ll probably die and they’re all either too stupid or too up themselves to get it into their heads. 

absolute joke. 

Not sure its an age thing, just see more of "them" as they are never working (lazy b@st@rds), and it could just be that those old farts you see have always been arse h*les :dunno:

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

Not sure its an age thing, just see more of "them" as they are never working (lazy b@st@rds), and it could just be that those old farts you see have always been arse h*les :dunno:

i work shifts so i spend a lot of "normal" working hours in the same places i've been in recently and i can categorically say there are at least twice as many old people just pottering about the park, the shops etc. than normal. 

it just shows how incredibly selfish and completely unaware pretty much all old people are. 

4 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

i work shifts so i spend a lot of "normal" working hours in the same places i've been in recently and i can categorically say there are at least twice as many old people just pottering about the park, the shops etc. than normal. 

it just shows how incredibly selfish and completely unaware pretty much all old people are. 

I don't think it's selfishness, anyone who's had to restrict an elderly relative's freedom in some way for their own well-being (taking them off the road, putting them in a home, restricting their diet, etc.) knows how difficult it can be getting them to understand and then adapt to a new routine.  If Stan and Linda have been going to Tesco every day for the last twenty years without doing anyone any harm then they're not going to understand why the virus changes that unless somebody sits down with them and painstakingly lays it all out.  A lot of old people don't have someone to do that and even for the ones that do the necessary travel restrictions make it harder for family members to police them and make sure it's sunk in.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

So congrats...arseh*le before your an old fart....!!!  :P

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, ScouseFox said:

Thankfully over my growing old fart few months, I have seen recorded on TV for all time,so many youngsters walking and lying around,the Parks & walkways

but they all look the same to me,....:giggle:so I cant tell if I have seen them before...

I Hope for your firms sake you aint in their statistics department,plus your Never asked to be an eye witness, discrimination & Bias might get in the way....!!!

Like there are old twats,there are even more incrededulous young ones,that will Stay and be old farts from the day they are born...!!!

Your Club Membership is guarranteed...:crylaugh:

Edited by fuchsntf

On 14/03/2020 at 04:11, Aus Fox said:

Anyone posting on social media ‘facts’ about the Corona virus. 
The WHO won’t tell you this, but Sandra in the supermarket said...

Feck off Sandra stop posting shit you don’t know about.

This goes for anyone posting how things are getting better/worse without any evidence.

To be fair to Sandra, she didn’t make the post - whoever she was talking to did.

Folks giving Sun/other Murdoch press journalists grief for promoting the #buyapaper campaign.

If you're celebrating the demise of a couple of newspapers you personally dislike, and think that the decimation of the industry which does more than any other to uphold our democracy is a price worth paying for that, then you are not anywhere near as clever as you think you are.

Edited by Voll Blau
  • Like 4

On 06/04/2020 at 22:54, RonnieTodger said:

People sat in their cars with their shit phone calls blasting out

I don't want to hear it anywhere. Both sides of the conversation twice as loud and twice as stuntedly banal as usual.

5 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

Folks giving Sun/other Murdoch press journalists grief for promoting the #buyapaper campaign.

If you're celebrating the demise of a couple of newspapers you personally dislike, and think that the decimation of the industry which does more than any other to uphold our democracy is a price worth paying for that, then you are not anywhere near as clever as you think you are.

Murdoch newspapers caused the decline of democracy long long ago

10 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

Murdoch newspapers caused the decline of democracy long long ago

Regardless of whether you believe that or not, other newspapers exist too - and they're in peril.

Making out like it'll be a good thing if that industry goes bust because it means Murdoch rags won't exist anymore is a ridiculous standpoint to take.

48 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Regardless of whether you believe that or not, other newspapers exist too - and they're in peril.

Making out like it'll be a good thing if that industry goes bust because it means Murdoch rags won't exist anymore is a ridiculous standpoint to take.

You're entitled to your opinion but tabloids are miles down the list of things I'd care about if they went bust.

3 minutes ago, LiberalFox said:

You're entitled to your opinion but tabloids are miles down the list of things I'd care about if they went bust.

I'm talking about the whole newspaper industry. National tabloids represent a minute fraction of that.

Guest MattP
6 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

Totally moronic isn't it?

Lose the press and you lose the backbone of investigative journalism from the country, the elite would get away with almost anything if they disappeared. 

People who buy newspapers are doing a huge service to society.