Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Never quite understood why Americans get angry at non tippers rather than at the service industry and the government. They should rslly against the vicious corporate machine that treat them like slaves.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Koke said:

Never quite understood why Americans get angry at non tippers rather than at the service industry and the government. They should rslly against the vicious corporate machine that treat them like slaves.

I honestly don't know a great deal about america, but I thought if a persons wages didn't equal minimum wage after tips then the employer had to make up the difference? It looks grim as hell on a payslip and I can't stand the whole medical bill nonsense, but that wouldn't have been her take home cash surely.

Why are people getting worked up by an old lady tweeting her ethical jewellery?

I have literally zero interest in what jewellery celebrities are wearing, it's only because it's been brought up here that I even know about that tweet.  That said, celebs are showing off their expensive outfits all the time, especially at events like this, why is this one instance (which on the face of it seems preferable to the alternative) being singled out?

17 hours ago, Innovindil said:

I honestly don't know a great deal about america, but I thought if a persons wages didn't equal minimum wage after tips then the employer had to make up the difference? It looks grim as hell on a payslip and I can't stand the whole medical bill nonsense, but that wouldn't have been her take home cash surely.

In the video it's conveniently blocked by her finger, but in the section under the $150 wage she earned from 70 hours if you pause it at the right time you can see she earned $708 dollars in tips.

Edited by Xen
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Xen said:

In the video it's conveniently blocked by her finger, but in the section under the $150 wage she earned from 70 hours if you pause it at the right time you can see she earned $708 dollars in tips.

It's dishonest that, but at the same time nobody should be on such a variable wage to the point you may or may not be able to make ends meet. American tipping culture is so engrained because it means employers can pass the buck(s wahey!) onto customers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Kopfkino said:

A girl from the reprobate part of the family is having her 4th abortion at the age of 21 today. Would piss me off less if she had any shame but it doesn't bother her in the slightest. ****ing use contraception or stop putting naked cock up your woman bits

Some lads might want her number. But on the real thats alarming. 

4 hours ago, Kopfkino said:

A girl from the reprobate part of the family is having her 4th abortion at the age of 21 today. Would piss me off less if she had any shame but it doesn't bother her in the slightest. ****ing use contraception or stop putting naked cock up your woman bits

Contraception is never 100% reliable. Maybe she hasn't always had the choice. But if she's using abortion as her form of contraception then yes, that is pretty shameful. 

6 hours ago, Kopfkino said:

Not an ideal scenario but on the plus side it sounds like she probably shouldnt breed anyway

Seeing what Slowthai did grinds my gears. 

Gets a 'hero of the year' award then turns into a massive misogynistic fvck on Katherine Ryan, gets called out for such by an audience member then proceeds to throw a glass at said audience member'. Wtf. 

On 11/02/2020 at 13:35, Innovindil said:

That is a misrepresentation of the facts. Most people tip 17.5% to 20% in a bar, cafe or fine dining restaurant. If you work a 5 till 12 shift at a fairly busy place, it's not hard to earn $400-500 a Friday or Saturday night in tips. The owners have to apply tax to those known tips ie credit card but, they are really happy if you tip them cash.

Edited by Smudge

People at airports.

Walking and stopping with no thought of those walking behind them.

Getting to security and only at the final moment decide to take off belt, jewellery etc and take out laptop, slowing everyone in the queue down.

Going for a slash as soon as they get on the plane as everyone boards, holding up people in the aisle - go for a wee in the many bogs at the airport beforehand!

Being unnecessarily rude to cabin crew who are there to help and potentially save your life.

And other similar stuff.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1