Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

People texting into Five Live saying "THERE IS LIVE SPORT SPEEDWAY NETBALL HOCKEY IS ON TALK ABOUT THAT!"

Yes, I know there is live sport on- but it is in proportion. Attendances at football, cricket, tennis, rugby, golf far outweigh those sports, that is why they are generally carrying on whilst the main sports stop. Do you really think the schedules will suddenly become full of netball coverage and everyone becomes an expert in it? Plus you have the issue about rights to broadcast etc.

You can't blame the presenters for struggling today and for the next few weeks.

The amount of goodwill fake news that shit pages like Footy Accumulators spread. 

Stuff like Ronaldinho playing for Chapacoense, Fiorentina paying Astori’s family his wages for life and now that Ronaldo is using his hotel chain to tackle coronavirus. Absolute bollocks for a few gullible retweets.

Edited by RonnieTodger
  • Like 3

On 14/03/2020 at 00:22, UniFox21 said:

Football clubs posting how they're donating the spare food to charity. Can't they do it without telling the world?

You could open that out to anyone doing something for charity.

Yes it can come across as 'look at me' at times but the world needs 'good news' stories now and again.

I've done a few deeds which I didn't feel the need to share over social media - I just got a warm glow from doing it.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Yes it can come across as 'look at me' at times but the world needs 'good news' stories now and again.

I've done a few deeds which I didn't feel the need to share over social media - I just got a warm glow from doing it.

Like when i leave a like on your facebook posts, every little helps and all that

• Like 1

When you're in a quiet part of the cafe/restaurant/pub, enjoying your solitude and silence and hoping to get some shit done, but then two little old ladies with hearing problems decide that of all the empty table in the venue, the one next to you is best, so that they can natter loudly right ****ing next to you. 

Considering coughing at them.

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

When you're in a quiet part of the cafe/restaurant/pub, enjoying your solitude and silence and hoping to get some shit done, but then two little old ladies with hearing problems decide that of all the empty table in the venue, the one next to you is best, so that they can natter loudly right ****ing next to you. 

A cough plus a Skype conversation with your "doctor" should solve all your problems :)

• Haha 1

On 14/03/2020 at 00:22, UniFox21 said:

Football clubs posting how they're donating the spare food to charity. Can't they do it without telling the world?

If their action inspires (or shames) other football clubs into similar action then it's got to be a good thing.

22 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

This implies that you believe you have more right to use the public space than the couple of ladies who use it for their catch up.

If you want quiet and to get stuff done go home and do it.

12 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

This implies that you believe you have more right to use the public space than the couple of ladies who use it for their catch up.

Not really?

He was there first and as he says the rest of the area was completely empty. Of course they're entitled to sit wherever they want, but its common courtesy to leave a bit of space between you if possible.

You wouldn't be best pleased if you were stood at a urinal in an empty public loo and the next bloke who walked in came and picked the spot immediately next to you when others were available. Exact same principle applies here.

Just now, Xen said:

Not really?

He was there first and as he says the rest of the area was completely empty. Of course they're entitled to sit wherever they want, but its common courtesy to leave a bit of space between you if possible.

You wouldn't be best pleased if you were stood at a urinal in an empty public loo and the next bloke who walked in came and picked the spot immediately next to you when others were available. Exact same principle applies here.

I would have zero problems with the scenario you have presented and would find it incredibly weird it somebody did take issue with that? What an odd response.

If the urinal is free, and someone needs to go, use it. 

3 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

I would have zero problems with the scenario you have presented and would find it incredibly weird it somebody did take issue with that? What an odd response.

If the urinal is free, and someone needs to go, use it. 

But that's just standard urinal etiquette...  Anybody who suggests otherwise is on the cottage.

• Like 3

On 15/03/2020 at 14:32, UpTheLeagueFox said:

@UniFox21

I think if you, as Joe public, are posting on social media how much you donate then you're probably being a bragging cvnt. 

But celebrities and big companies that people follow as "fans" do it hoping you will do so too. 

Ryan Reynolds doesn't post on Instagram that he's donating a million dollars just so everyone will tell him how nice he is, he does it because he's hoping a bunch of his followers go and donate a few quid. I imagine it works as well. 

A bit of social media trending goes miles. That cam model that got people to donate literal millions to the Aussie Bush fires by giving nudes to donors proved that. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aus Fox said:

I was being very selfish, which was sort of the point, in a 'sods law' kind of way - I wanted solitude in a public place but then "other people" happened, which was entirely predictable and unreasonable of me to not factor that in.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Finnegan said:

@UniFox21

I think if you, as Joe public, are posting on social media how much you donate then you're probably being a bragging cvnt. 

But celebrities and big companies that people follow as "fans" do it hoping you will do so too. 

Ryan Reynolds doesn't post on Instagram that he's donating a million dollars just so everyone will tell him how nice he is, he does it because he's hoping a bunch of his followers go and donate a few quid. I imagine it works as well. 

A bit of social media trending goes miles. That cam model that got people to donate literal millions to the Aussie Bush fires by giving nudes to donors proved that. 

Tbf your view on it seems a lot more logical than my instant complaining around the whole topic. 

Encouraging fans or inspiring fans to donate is a good idea and a great use of their reach

Greedy, selfish ****ing bastards who are too lazy to go out and panic buy have booked up all the home delivery slots for the next 2 weeks in all the supermarkets round us. i can make time to go and do it manually, but theres thousands of elderly and disabled out there who are ****ed. check your neighbours have everything they need, they're going to need some help

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Beliall said:

Greedy, selfish ****ing bastards who are too lazy to go out and panic buy have booked up all the home delivery slots for the next 2 weeks in all the supermarkets round us. i can make time to go and do it manually, but theres thousands of elderly and disabled out there who are ****ed. check your neighbours have everything they need, they're going to need some help

Hmm, not sure they are the greedy selfish bastards as much as you make out. How do you know the delivery spots aren't for those elderly and disabled? 

Given the government advice to avoid social contact, it's no wonder home slots have been taken up. 

• Like 1

Bloody everything at the minute, I’m honestly at the point where someone says good morning and I will tell them to feck off.

The last few months have hit hard and are really starting to take its toll and I’ve turned into a right grumpy bastard.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Hmm, not sure they are the greedy selfish bastards as much as you make out. How do you know the delivery spots aren't for those elderly and disabled? 

Given the government advice to avoid social contact, it's no wonder home slots have been taken up. 

hadnt considered that tbf, but i thought everyone panic bought already and was set. . still a chance people who need it are going to struggling though.