Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Madeleine McCann jokes somehow becoming the norm. I don’t even mean the ones about her parents’ incompetence either. 

I don’t mind dark humour at all, but if another toddler was abducted/killed today, it wouldn’t be a laughing matter. Why is Madeleine? 

The strange thing is it’s often the thickos and “yummy mummies” making the shit jokes. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RonnieTodger said:

Madeleine McCann jokes somehow becoming the norm. I don’t even mean the ones about her parents’ incompetence either. 

I don’t mind dark humour at all, but if another toddler was abducted/killed today, it wouldn’t be a laughing matter. Why is Madeleine? 

The strange thing is it’s often the thickos and “yummy mummies” making the shit jokes. 

Not today it wouldn't, but it would be a week from now.

56 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Jose Mourinho doing PaddyPower adverts.

He doesn’t need the money and he doesn’t need to promote gambling.

I bet the lure of a shedload of moolah is strong but on the flipside of this mate - I know someone who works for an agency dealing with [a bookies, not PP] campaigns. Lee Mack, Micky Flanagan and Noel Fielding turned down properly huge cash to be involved in something they were doing purely on principle.

David Walliams was gagging to do it but advised not to given his kid's book stuff.

Edited by Miquel The Work Geordie
Removed name of betting firm
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

I know they're trying to be feelgood COVID related ads, but those Nationwide poets don't get any better do they?

They're just so bloody twee aren't they, it makes me uncomfortable - feels like each one is just full of references to elderly relatives and putting the kettle on.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Izzy said:

Jose Mourinho doing PaddyPower adverts.

He doesn’t need the money and he doesn’t need to promote gambling.

Although I certainly agree with you - that's probably quite ironic, too, on the other hand.

He comes across as arrogant and so does PaddyPower in recent times, to be honest.

Like betting and football in general, him and them are greedy and hence are actually a good pairing in this sense..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Cancel culture is the new norm.

It's not just in politics. 

People must lose their jobs for every error.

Nuanced debates are long gone, sadly.

how dare you!.... MODS!!!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Cancel culture is the new norm.

It's not just in politics. 

People must lose their jobs for every error.

Nuanced debates are long gone, sadly.

Agreed, there wouldnt be any MPs left

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FOXYTALK said:

Piers Morgan giving his opinion out and then crying wolf when someone gives it to him back. Just generally stirring up hatrid on Good Morning Britain.

Change the words to "Owen Jones" or "Katie Hopkins" and "Twitter" and it's pretty much the same.

On 06/06/2020 at 23:33, SouthStandUpperTier said:

I know they're trying to be feelgood COVID related ads, but those Nationwide poets don't get any better do they?

If there is one thing we've learnt from lockdown it's the importance of home school.

Edited by Jon the Hat

On 06/06/2020 at 23:33, SouthStandUpperTier said:

You'd have thought after a few months of home made adverts, bankers would have learnt the concept of being able to complete whole sentences

Overuse of buzzword vocabulary. Around once every year or so there seems to be a word that becomes a buzzword and go to word in debates, speeches etc. It drives me mad hearing it being used. At the moment it's definitley the word "nuance" I think last year it was "perpetuate"

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Benguin said:

Overuse of buzzword vocabulary. Around once every year or so there seems to be a word that becomes a buzzword and go to word in debates, speeches etc. It drives me mad hearing it being used. At the moment it's definitley the word "nuance" I think last year it was "perpetuate"

The one that grated me a few years ago was 'side hustle', mainly by melts who want to make their boring lives sound edgy. Its not a 'side hustle', its a 2nd fvckin job.

Edit - realised you were talking about speeches rather than general, my rant still stands though

Edited by Nalis
  • Like 2

People in supermarkets at the moment.

Are they idiots or of low intellect or do they just not understand social distancing?

When I go (and I don't want to appear self-righteous), I take a list and I get what's required. I'm constantly having to hang back from simpletons just browsing and looking at things, in particular groceries and dry goods that they might want but don't need, picking stuff up, looking at the use-by date and putting them back on the shelf. Walking the wrong way in the one way aisles, particularly in Asda, standing in the middle of the aisle meaning you can't give them a wide berth.

In Asda earlier today there was a dad with 2 teen kids messing about, giving each other strangle holds and dragging each other around actually coming into contact with other people trying to get past. TBH they didn't look like they were the sharpest tools in the box.

I just get exasperated with some of the lack of consideration by some.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Parafox said:

People in supermarkets at the moment.

Are they idiots or of low intellect or do they just not understand social distancing?

When I go (and I don't want to appear self-righteous), I take a list and I get what's required. I'm constantly having to hang back from simpletons just browsing and looking at things, in particular groceries and dry goods that they might want but don't need, picking stuff up, looking at the use-by date and putting them back on the shelf. Walking the wrong way in the one way aisles, particularly in Asda, standing in the middle of the aisle meaning you can't give them a wide berth.

In Asda earlier today there was a dad with 2 teen kids messing about, giving each other strangle holds and dragging each other around actually coming into contact with other people trying to get past. TBH they didn't look like they were the sharpest tools in the box.

I just get exasperated with some of the lack of consideration by some.

Some supermarket workers too get really close or just stand around idling chatting with their colleagues.

5 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Some supermarket workers too get really close or just stand around idling chatting with their colleagues.

This too. And they are the same people allowing you in and out of the store. They've been given a power they never dreamt of when they were told they would be mostly collecting trolleys when they applied for a job.

• Like 2