Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

15 minutes ago, The Bear said:

I'm having VM installed on 7th Jan. First time it's ever been in my area so hoping things go smoothly. 

The internet is finally coming to Wolverhampton? Yes, fingers crossed it goes smoothly and you aren't burnt at the stake for witchcraft :ph34r:

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Crinklyfox said:

I've had Virgin Media for just over a year, renewed last month.  I have the 'old' TiVo boxes and the only problem I've had with them is the occasional crash, after which I have to reboot, which to be fair is no different to the Sky boxes I had previously.  I've had a few instances of the internet connection dropping but only for a few seconds which wasn't a problem.  They have at least sent me an email feedback form which I've completed.

I had 50% off for my first contract like you.  When I received the renewal notification I phoned them and asked what they could do about the renewal costs.  They offered an immediate £25 per month off the full price.  I said I'd think about it and was looking at changing my phone package and was then transferred to another call handler who offered me £40 a month off the renewal price, which I accepted.  Not saying that things will be the same in 18 months but it's worth bearing in mind.

I think for me the old TiVo box is just glacially slow for the on demand stuff. It does the job on general TV but when you try to use the online catch up functions it's like something out of 2006.

Already got my renewal date call booked in for May 2022 for the diary. £140 per month top whack is just... no. Some of the stuff I never use, like Sky Cinema, or the Telephone line, but take anything out and the 50% off just rockets in price.

The internet speeds though are just so brilliant, especially coming from BT previously!

• Like 1

On 22/12/2020 at 21:53, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Anyone who says their favourite Christmas film is Die Hard - desperate for the recoil and "DIE HARD?!" reaction, don't give it them.

Same folk that say their favourite City goal of all time was Eden Hazard's.

I know what you mean, the whole fake outrage about anything annoys me.

1 hour ago, Footballwipe said:

Already got my renewal date call booked in for May 2022 for the diary. £140 per month top whack is just... no. Some of the stuff I never use, like Sky Cinema, or the Telephone line, but take anything out and the 50% off just rockets in price.

The internet speeds though are just so brilliant, especially coming from BT previously!

Agree with all of that (hopefully!) 

I'm going from BT's 76Mb top speed to 500Mb! Can't wait. Plus the full monty of everything - Sky Cinema, Sky Sports, BT Sports, all On Demand stuff, plus unlimited data SIM card. All for £79 a month. Only thing you don't get is Sky Atlantic but that's no biggie. 

On 22/12/2020 at 21:53, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Anyone who says their favourite Christmas film is Die Hard - desperate for the recoil and "DIE HARD?!" reaction, don't give it them.

Same folk that say their favourite City goal of all time was Eden Hazard's.

They're objectively wrong for not saying Muppet Christmas Carol anyway so it's irrelevant. 

43 minutes ago, oakman said:

Sound levels on films. Currently watching a film on tv and I have to have the volume massively up to hear what any of the characters are saying - the second there’s any action, the volume near blows the speakers off the wall.

Totally annoying!

2 hours ago, oakman said:

Sound levels on films. Currently watching a film on tv and I have to have the volume massively up to hear what any of the characters are saying - the second there’s any action, the volume near blows the speakers off the wall.

some sound systems and TV's have dialogue enhancement. or you can adjust the levels yourself to increase the speech. 

3 hours ago, oakman said:

The greatest invention in recent memory is subtitles on TV.

I know im old n shit... but we leave the captions on permantently, ive been amazed how much i was missing.

The captions for modern music is even better... i laugh, i cry... i sit in amazement :)

29 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

People who like to correct other's spelling mistakes online, regularly.

As long as you can understand the sentence that they're trying to out, what's the point?

I assume you meant "put" :ph34r:

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Matt said:

Ineacho. 

Not him, well kinda, sometimes, but pronunciation of his name by some people. It really isn’t that hard.

Also anyone, especially Leicester fans, who spell Maguire as McGuire. He played here for 2 seasons, he had a long protracted transfer saga where his name was written numerous times. We sold him for a record fee, he's a regular starter for England and is arguably one of the most recognisable English footballers currently playing. How can they not know how to spell it.

12 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Also anyone, especially Leicester fans, who spell Maguire as McGuire. He played here for 2 seasons, he had a long protracted transfer saga where his name was written numerous times. We sold him for a record fee, he's a regular starter for England and is arguably one of the most recognisable English footballers currently playing. How can they not know how to spell it.

Also N'didi

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Also Rylan, for some unexplained reason perched camply on some poor family's kitchen counter, making crap vasectomy puns, flogging 2nd hand cars.

The radio ad for cinch is worse. 

• Like 2