Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

23 hours ago, Matt said:

Ineacho. 

Not him, well kinda, sometimes, but pronunciation of his name by some people. It really isn’t that hard.

22 hours ago, Facecloth said:

Also anyone, especially Leicester fans, who spell Maguire as McGuire. He played here for 2 seasons, he had a long protracted transfer saga where his name was written numerous times. We sold him for a record fee, he's a regular starter for England and is arguably one of the most recognisable English footballers currently playing. How can they not know how to spell it.

Paul Kanchelski. For ****'S sake.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Matt said:

Ineacho. 

Not him, well kinda, sometimes, but pronunciation of his name by some people. It really isn’t that hard.

23 hours ago, Facecloth said:

Also anyone, especially Leicester fans, who spell Maguire as McGuire. He played here for 2 seasons, he had a long protracted transfer saga where his name was written numerous times. We sold him for a record fee, he's a regular starter for England and is arguably one of the most recognisable English footballers currently playing. How can they not know how to spell it.

23 hours ago, Rain King said:

Also N'didi

27 minutes ago, Saxondale said:

Paul Kanchelski. For ****'S sake.

When a section of our fans think Chris Woods helped us get promoted in 2014 I dropped expectations massively.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

People who say 'so' at the start of a sentence.

I feel as if "so" and "like" has crept in and I hear so many people using it now. As an example: "I was like okay". What's the like for!? 

On 28/12/2020 at 15:47, Matt said:

Ineacho. 

On 28/12/2020 at 16:09, Facecloth said:

On 28/12/2020 at 16:21, Rain King said:

Also N'didi

4 hours ago, Nalis said:

When a section of our fans think Chris Woods helped us get promoted in 2014 I dropped expectations massively.

Eni Aluko pronouncing Schmeichel as Scha-meichel yesterday for our game really irritated me. It's not as if its not a frequently used name in football

Edited by UniFox21

4 hours ago, Fox92 said:

I feel as if "so" and "like" has crept in and I hear so many people using it now. As an example: "I was like okay". What's the like for!? 

I remember Miriam Margolyes having a go at Will I Am for that on Graham Norton. She's always funny on there. No filter whatsoever. 

Edited by The Bear
  • Like 1

People putting padlocks on railings out of some stupid selfish "romantic" bollocks. Keep it to yourselves you twats.

It may have started on a bridge in Paris (that started failing under the sheer weight of them all) but it has bled out to seemingly any significant water side location, including a big chunk of the Albert Dock in Liverpool, and they are fvkcing ruining the Water's edge there too. Stupid twats are turning the railings to rust and generally making the railings all look shite in what it is a fantastic spot of built heritage.

I'd love to go round with some bolt cutters.

• Like 4

I hate how we've done so well over the past two seasons and many so called experts still refer to us as counter attacking Leicester City. We've been exactly the opposite under Brendan Rodgers and it just shows how poor coverage teams outside of the so called big 6 get. 

• Like 1

Idiots parking Infront of my driveway. Just got home to some moron delivery driver parked over my drive way and he had the nerve to ask me to wait whilst he delivered a couple of parcels. 

(Plenty of parking available that doesn't block people's drives was available.)

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, matty98 said:

Idiots parking Infront of my driveway. Just got home to some moron delivery driver parked over my drive way and he had the nerve to ask me to wait whilst he delivered a couple of parcels. 

(Plenty of parking available that doesn't block people's drives was available.)

@tom27111 what you been up to? lol

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Royston. said:

People whinging about not having Sky/BT/Amazon and think they are entitled to some method of alternative viewing.

If you cant afford or dont want to pay for something then you go without.

Im not intentionally being mean or making fun, thats life.

...the aforementioned consumers currently being utterly shafted by a business model that is a cartel rather than competitive in the case of such companies?

Not to get into a big debate about this here, but while it's fine to take aim at entitlement there is a valid point in there about the market for on-demand TV - whether it's sport, movies or other entertainment - not being fit for purpose and exploitative of the consumer because each provider bids for exclusivity, essentially gets a monopoly of a product and then, just like with any other monopoly, can charge what they like.

Edited by leicsmac
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Royston. said:

People whinging about not having Sky/BT/Amazon and think they are entitled to some method of alternative viewing.

If you cant afford or dont want to pay for something then you go without.

Im not intentionally being mean or making fun, thats life.

I don't whinge about Sky and BT Sport depriving those who are hard up free viewing of many live sporting events in Britain, but find it regrettable. However, I do whinge about the fact that much of the rest of the world can legally watch such events free of charge. Fortunately, I can sometimes find British sporting events being broadcast live and free-to-air on foreign satellite channels from Turkey and elsewhere, with non-English commentaries.

Come on folks, the market will bear what the market will bear. The captive audience for these matches is here, in England. Comparisons to other countries viewing of our leagues are wide of the mark (regrettably).

The only you beat the market is by refusing to participate, which will cause a reset, but that is not going to happen is it?

4 hours ago, String fellow said:

I don't whinge about Sky and BT Sport depriving those who are hard up free viewing of many live sporting events in Britain, but find it regrettable. However, I do whinge about the fact that much of the rest of the world can legally watch such events free of charge. Fortunately, I can sometimes find British sporting events being broadcast live and free-to-air on foreign satellite channels from Turkey and elsewhere, with non-English commentaries.

This bit makes me jealous 

Drs who have no desire to listen and look into things.

I had a phone consultation yesterday with a dr from my surgery, (not seen him before, but that's fine) about my headaches. For years I've suffered what I thought were migraines. A few years ago I finally got the drs to listen and they put me on medication. It seemed to help a little, but not totally stop them. Recently they've started again pretty badly and I'm still taking the medication. Back in March I spoke to a dr and they gave me some tablets to try once they start, along side the preventative medication I use, but they've had no effect.

As long time sufferer I often read up on the latest migraine research, as I've never found my trigger. In doing so I've discovered cluster headaches. They are similar to migraines and are often misdiagnosed as migraines but with some key differences. They don't last as long, but are more severe. They pain is around one eye. They occur at roughly the same time everyday during a spell. You get watery eyes and a running nose. Your skin goes pale. There are no known triggers. Also cluster headaches can stop for months or even a year before starting again, which fits in with me having periods where I'm fine. Its basically like reading a list of what happens to me. I would never try and tell a Dr how to diagnose and I'm not diagnosing by Google, but knowing this is what I'm experiencing I basically read that list to him, and he said "Sounds like migraines symptoms to me" to which I replied, "but they also sound like cluster headaches symptoms too don't they". Which he had to concede I'm right.

I would like to have some tests and maybe be referred to neurologist (when possible obviously with covid going on), but for now he's trialing me on a different migraine medication (and still using the one I was given to take when an attack starts despite the fact I've said the have no effect), and I really had to push him to agree to more tests and neurologist referral if this doesn't work. Its like he was desperate to stick with the original diagnosis despite evidence pointing to it possibly being wrong. He also said "I understand you want to rule out cluster headaches" no i want to rule out whatever its not, and i don't want to keep pumping myself with drugs if they are ineffective for the condition I have. Just do your bloody job and look into my condition properly rather than lazily sticking to the script.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

I had a phone consultation yesterday with a dr from my surgery, (not seen him before, but that's fine) about my headaches. For years I've suffered what I thought were migraines. A few years ago I finally got the drs to listen and they put me on medication. It seemed to help a little, but not totally stop them. Recently they've started again pretty badly and I'm still taking the medication. Back in March I spoke to a dr and they gave me some tablets to try once they start, along side the preventative medication I use, but they've had no effect.

As long time sufferer I often read up on the latest migraine research, as I've never found my trigger. In doing so I've discovered cluster headaches. They are similar to migraines and are often misdiagnosed as migraines but with some key differences. They don't last as long, but are more severe. They pain is around one eye. They occur at roughly the same time everyday during a spell. You get watery eyes and a running nose. Your skin goes pale. There are no known triggers. Also cluster headaches can stop for months or even a year before starting again, which fits in with me having periods where I'm fine. Its basically like reading a list of what happens to me. I would never try and tell a Dr how to diagnose and I'm not diagnosing by Google, but knowing this is what I'm experiencing I basically read that list to him, and he said "Sounds like migraines symptoms to me" to which I replied, "but they also sound like cluster headaches symptoms too don't they". Which he had to concede I'm right.

I would like to have some tests and maybe be referred to neurologist (when possible obviously with covid going on), but for now he's trialing me on a different migraine medication (and still using the one I was given to take when an attack starts despite the fact I've said the have no effect), and I really had to push him to agree to more tests and neurologist referral if this doesn't work. Its like he was desperate to stick with the original diagnosis despite evidence pointing to it possibly being wrong. He also said "I understand you want to rule out cluster headaches" no i want to rule out whatever its not, and i don't want to keep pumping myself with drugs if they are ineffective for the condition I have. Just do your bloody job and look into my condition properly rather than lazily sticking to the script.

damn man, that sucks, my doctors the complete opposite, whenever i go to see him, he sit me down, asks whats wrong, then asks me what i think it is lol  i research my own symptoms now before i go to see him to save time

15 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Have you looked at going Private mate or do you get private healthcare through work?

I'm not sure how much Bupa etc. costs per month, or if you'd not be covered as it's a pre existing condition, but if you want a referral and talk to a proper expert then it might be the best way forward.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Beliall said:

damn man, that sucks, my doctors the complete opposite, whenever i go to see him, he sit me down, asks whats wrong, then asks me what i think it is lol  i research my own symptoms now before i go to see him to save time

Not even sure if you're taking the piss lol

• Like 1