Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

43 minutes ago, Royston. said:

I suffer tinitus. I can feel some kind of blockage, almost like being underwater although there is no obvious blockage in my outter ear so of course the doctor just sent me to scrivens and of course they just gave me hearing aids which do nothing to counter my problem.

sounds like you need otimise or gentamiacin. ask for that and get the doc to take a proper look

8 minutes ago, The Bear said:

In the grand scheme of things it's hardly been 'bad' for most people has it? We had to stay at home a lot... Oh noes! 

Doesn't really compare to when there were World Wars going on. 

At least we weren't banned from travelling to Europe...

• Haha 3

On 03/12/2020 at 12:48, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Wrapping up presents, Unless it’s square I’m completely utterly useless at it.

So unless I get everyone a square present they’ll have to accept they’ll receive a total mess.

oh and sellotape never plays ball either the bas#ard 😡

Thats Why I make Christmas Cracker shape...or buy round pressies..:giggle:

7 hours ago, Matt said:

‘Good riddance to 2020’, ‘Glad to see the back of 2020, what a shit year’.

These people do know this shit storm not gone away simply because we crossed over to a new month don’t they?

I’m all for positivity but I don’t see any change coming soon or end in sight with these numpties running the country or ruling us - so 2021 isn’t going to be much better for the foreseeable.

These are probably the ‘New year, New me’ types though.

There really is no difference between yesterday and today apart from the calendar says it's 2021.

• Like 2

I accept I'm  a miserable facker, but I cannot stand those WhatsApp celebratory type gifs of a meerkat / baby in nappy / cat that have been morphed into saying or dancing or blowing one of those streamer things to say 'happy birthday' or 'happy new year' etc 

I've been on furlough and been recalled from Monday onwards. Checked the team WhatsApp  group( that I've been ignoring) and the same facking colleague is posting this shit like he always does. Already before I've even returned I want to kill him. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Matt said:

‘Good riddance to 2020’, ‘Glad to see the back of 2020, what a shit year’.

These people do know this shit storm not gone away simply because we crossed over to a new month don’t they?

I’m all for positivity but I don’t see any change coming soon or end in sight with these numpties running the country or ruling us - so 2021 isn’t going to be much better for the foreseeable.

These are probably the ‘New year, New me’ types though.

Yes what you don’t hear is that 2021 has started in a much shittier way than 2020 did. It’s going to get a lot worse before it gets better - that’s a fact.

People who refer to pains au chocolat as "chocolate croissants" as though any French pastry is a type of croissant. 

For the record a croissant gets its name from the crescent shape. A pain au choc is decidedly not a crescent.

7 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

People who refer to pains au chocolat as "chocolate croissants" as though any French pastry is a type of croissant. 

For the record a croissant gets its name from the crescent shape. A pain au choc is decidedly not a crescent.

True

However those actual chocolate croissants you get at Tesco are fantastic

Likewise the pains au chocolat on P&O ferries circa '99. Ooya fighter

43 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

In the same way, people who refer to French Toast as Eggy Bread. 

Can you sound any more like a luddite?

1 hour ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

True

However those actual chocolate croissants you get at Tesco are fantastic

Likewise the pains au chocolat on P&O ferries circa '99. Ooya fighter

The ones with the choc chips in the grooves? Ive seen em but never tried

22 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

The ones with the choc chips in the grooves? Ive seen em but never tried

That sounds like the chocolate twists, which are also nice. They have a little bit of chocolate and icing sugar on top, and then filled with chocolate fondant

4 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

That sounds like the chocolate twists, which are also nice. They have a little bit of chocolate and icing sugar on top, and then filled with chocolate fondant

No I'm definitely thinking of a croissant, maybe a different supermarket where I saw it

BT asking Harry Kane if he and Son have worked at their relationship or if it's 'telepathic'.

They've been playing in the same team for over 5 years and Son was nearly sold after a disappointing start to his time there. I'm pretty sure hard work and literally thousands of hours working together on the pitch in games and training will have done it.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

BT asking Harry Kane if he and Son have worked at their relationship or if it's 'telepathic'.

They've been playing in the same team for over 5 years and Son was nearly sold after a disappointing start to his time there. I'm pretty sure hard work and literally thousands of hours working together on the pitch in games and training will have done it.

nah mate, its couples therapy

• Haha 2