Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

26 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Last year was the first year I purposely didn't send any cards. Partly cos I ran out of time and left it too late, but partly to see if anyone noticed.

My Mum noticed I didn't send her one but apart from that, I don't think anyone else gave a shit.

I think it's a tradition that's dying a slow death as we move more and more to an electronic and paperless society.

The slow erosion of the traditional Christmas.

Im in full agreement though, I’ll not send any either, used to get stacks of cards years back but either my popularity has waned or people just don’t send them like they used to.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

The slow erosion of the traditional Christmas.

Im in full agreement though, I’ll not send any either, used to get stacks of cards years back but either my popularity has waned or people just don’t send them like they used to.

Perhaps it's something to do with the way you wrap your presents?

Pundits/ presenters consistently pronouncing players' names incorrectly. Diego Jota and Innyacho the current worst.

It's not a major thing overall but it's a bit disrespectful. Jeff Stelling wouldn't call Tim Sherwood Tom, for example, or Tim Starwood.

It's not difficult.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Corky said:

Pundits/ presenters consistently pronouncing players' names incorrectly. Diego Jota and Innyacho the current worst.

It's not a major thing overall but it's a bit disrespectful. Jeff Stelling wouldn't call Tim Sherwood Tom, for example, or Tim Starwood.

It's not difficult.

You're right, Sparky, damn rude it is...

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Buce said:

That's, what, 65p a stamp?

For that, your letter will be delivered safely to the addressee's door within two or three days, anywhere in the country, in an operation potentially involving vans, lorries, trains, sorting machines, and a whole host of actual people. I think that's pretty good, tbh.

and @Trav Le Bleu 

1 hour ago, Buce said:

For that, your letter will be delivered safely to the addressee's door within two or three days, anywhere in the country, in an operation potentially involving vans, lorries, trains, sorting machines, and a whole host of actual people. I think that's pretty good, tbh.

I know what stamps do, I just haven’t bought one for years. Had no idea that they’ve shot up in price. I think I was more annoyed that I had to buy a minimum of 12 in Morrisons.

Edited by RonnieTodger

6 hours ago, Buce said:

6 hours ago, Buce said:

66p in Jan.

Scandalous!

10 hours ago, Buce said:

He only bought 6 for £3.90 but needed to big up his rant to be worthy of "what grinds my gears":surrender:

On 06/12/2020 at 09:25, RonnieTodger said:

I know what stamps do, I just haven’t bought one for years. Had no idea that they’ve shot up in price. I think I was more annoyed that I had to buy a minimum of 12 in Morrisons.

Legal tender. Give any left over to bus driver, or cabbie, towards the fare. I'm sure they'll be gratefully recieved 

Why can't the stupid posties just leave packages at my house like amazon do? I order something to time it so my missus is off work, estimated delivery Monday, great, she's off Monday and Tuesday. When do they deliver it? Noon on Thursday. 

We tried to deliver but there was no answer. No shit there was no answer we're at work you flipping bell. Just leave the ****ing thing in the shed like a normal human, hell, throw the ****ing thing in the hedge if it's too far for you to walk ffs. :facepalm:

• Thanks 1

On 06/12/2020 at 09:25, RonnieTodger said:

Never buy them anymore, print my postage at home. As you need it that way :thumbup: (I always lose books of stamps anyway...)

10 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Why can't the stupid posties just leave packages at my house like amazon do? I order something to time it so my missus is off work, estimated delivery Monday, great, she's off Monday and Tuesday. When do they deliver it? Noon on Thursday. 

We tried to deliver but there was no answer. No shit there was no answer we're at work you flipping bell. Just leave the ****ing thing in the shed like a normal human, hell, throw the ****ing thing in the hedge if it's too far for you to walk ffs. :facepalm:

It's why I normally get most of my stuff posted to work now. 

23 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Sounds like you need a decent postie like @Trav Le Bleu

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Yeah if they throw it and the product gets damaged inside, then what? 

3 hours ago, Innovindil said:

Like Amazon?

Is this the same Amazon who said that my two parcels would both arrive Friday, but arrived today and yesterday? Not complaining, I'm impressed, but it's hardly accurate.

Is it the same Amazon, who on my round, I often find parcels just left of doorsteps (on one occasion, when the porch was unlocked and another, when the householder was in) or in plain sight on driveways?

I'd cut the postie some slack, cos if anything like me, they've probably worked their socks off since the start of the lockdown, practically every day being like Christmas, until we actually hit Christmas, at which point it's gone mental, because very rich people, in very big houses, who own very nice cars (plural), failed to make any investment to make sure there would be enough staff and resources to cope.

Delays in receiving parcels isn't just down to the postie either, or any delivery worker. It will have been collected, sorted, despatched before that, anyone of which could delay the parcel. 99% of parcels that come through to the delivery office are delivered that same day. In more ordinary times, it would be 100%

I'd be grateful you got anything. I can honestly see it reaching Christmas Eve and loads of stuff not making it through.

And not just from Royal Mail.

Edited by Trav Le Bleu
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, tom27111 said:

Having just started a delivery job for Amazon after being made redundant, I can tell you that most of the drivers couldn't give a shit.

Most of them just dump a parcel on the doorstep and clear off, even if delivery instructions have been left on the app.

That's what all the drivers have told me to do, but I won't, because it's not right, and whatever job I do, I like to take some pride in it.

We have to deliver a ridiculous amount of parcels a day, for a flat rate, no matter how long it takes.

I'm not moaning, I know what I signed up for and I'm by no means the slowest, despite doing it properly, unlike most.

Takes me about 7 and a half hours to do 150 drops, handing the parcels to people, phoning them to ask what they'd like me to do, or dropping off to neighbours.

My respect for posties and delivery drivers has gone up so much since I started a couple of weeks ago.

"Fancy a shag?"

"Can you change my diaper"

"Do you have any lawn fertilizer....."

"Got any duct tape, rope, scissors, plastic garbage bags, zip ties and a wheelbarrow"

Serious note, stay safe, keep smiling and have fun. Good on you for giving a damn and having pride. Its appreciated.

• Like 1