Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

13 minutes ago, oakman said:

Can we have one day when 'Pen' f**king Farthing isn't in the news.

Very admirable that you had an animal shelter in Afghanistan but you've become a narcissistic, hypocritical media whore over the last few days.

All I can think about Pen Farthing is he must have some friends in very high places for the amount of attention he's getting. His story is just one of 1000s yet it's the only one you hear about. I wish he would just go away. 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, oakman said:

Very admirable that you had an animal shelter in Afghanistan but you've become a narcissistic, hypocritical media whore over the last few days.

Nothing admirable about it. The whole episode is shameful 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, oakman said:

Dead cat...

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, peach0000 said:

All I can think about Pen Farthing is he must have some friends in very high places for the amount of attention he's getting. His story is just one of 1000s yet it's the only one you hear about. I wish he would just go away. 

He's in that Bear Gryllis band of middle class military types. Tosspot.

Edited by Nalis
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Phil Bowman said:

People who believe they can fly.

Why do they always go up to the top of a skyscraper or the edge of a cliff and jump off? If they reckon they can fly why don’t they just jump up off the fvcking ground and fly?

For the same reasons vultures do.

Jumping off a high place allows them to take advantage of thermal updraughts, which is far more energy efficient than overcoming inertia at ground level...

4 minutes ago, Phil Bowman said:

Why do they always go up to the top of a skyscraper or the edge of a cliff and jump off? If they reckon they can fly why don’t they just jump up off the fvcking ground and fly?

I've seen some very niche things on this thread, but this is hands down the most random lol

• Like 1

Over complicated Android Chrome group tabs.

Used to be able to happily have one window with tabs now I'm lost In multiple tabs popping up here there and everywhere in different groups!

What's even more annoying - it seems it's not a choice to revert back to the original joy! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Phil Bowman said:

On a dissimilar note, I often wonder if a bird taking off from a high tree or cliff to swoop down ever go wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

I certainly would.

11 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

At the launderette getting my clothes done and a couple just rock up with a car filled with bags and take up all the dryers.  Speechless

Very annoying I found launderettes quite therapeutic when quiet.Different matter when busy and it’s raining.

Edited by Heathrow fox

45 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Over complicated Android Chrome group tabs.

Used to be able to happily have one window with tabs now I'm lost In multiple tabs popping up here there and everywhere in different groups!

What's even more annoying - it seems it's not a choice to revert back to the original joy! 

Yeah, I haven't got a clue what it's doing now.

I've never spent any time working this out, but in fairness I don't see why I should have to

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Neighbours’ cats coming and shitting in my garden. They’re such a dickhead species.

I’m 27, but they’ve turned me into a middle aged man getting angry at this stuff. 

I have this problem every now and then. Not the cats fault per say but if i ever see that bitch she better watch out for my super soaker water gun lol baddddassssss

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Neighbours’ cats coming and shitting in my garden. They’re such a dickhead species.

I’m 27, but they’ve turned me into a middle aged man getting angry at this stuff. 

Get a dog, problem solved overnight. When I moved into my last place, a neighbour's cat was shitting in my garden every day without fail. Got a dog, and in the 3 or 4 years I was still there I think I saw a cat in the garden twice at most, but not a single shit

...course then you have two or three dogshits to deal with every day instead

• Haha 2

On 03/09/2021 at 06:34, FoxyPV said:

Commuting.

I've always hated it but after 18months of working from home, I absolutely despise the extra time spent travelling to and from work

Two weeks ago I started back in the office for two days a week. This week was horrific, it took me an hour each way on Wednesday. Best thing about working from home is the lack of commute.

On a side note I am looking at getting closer to work because of this.

41 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Two weeks ago I started back in the office for two days a week. This week was horrific, it took me an hour each way on Wednesday. Best thing about working from home is the lack of commute.

On a side note I am looking at getting closer to work because of this.

An hour each way?! I'd kill for that.

2 minutes ago, Langston said:

An hour each way?! I'd kill for that.

Literally man I live 18 miles away approx. It usually takes 30-40 mins depending what shifts I'm on. This week will be fine, for example, as I'll be setting off at 6:15am but the later shifts make it up to an hour at times. It's the time wasting that annoys me, I could be doing something productive lol 

23 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Literally man I live 18 miles away approx. It usually takes 30-40 mins depending what shifts I'm on. This week will be fine, for example, as I'll be setting off at 6:15am but the later shifts make it up to an hour at times. It's the time wasting that annoys me, I could be doing something productive lol 

I used to have the exact same commute. 18 miles, 30-40 mins. I used to listen to podcasts to pass the time. 

• Like 2