Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

Absolute *** of our time Pt.MXXVI

A motorist was stopped from driving along a motorway in a van without brakes, MOT, tax or insurance.

The unlicensed driver was using the handbrake to slow down when it was stopped on the M6 in Staffordshire on Thursday, the Central Motorway Police Group said.

Officers said the driver was reported for all the offences, but no arrests were made.

The CMPG described the driver's actions as an "absolute disgrace".

Midlands Live: Sink hole causes canal collapse; Dying junior football coach pens 'enjoy life' letter

The van was stopped near Stone, between junctions 14 and 15.

Just now, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Owen Jones.

I see some much of him here and there, especially on twitter, but haven't a clue what he does or who he actually is. I've heard people criticise him and people praise him.

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

I see some much of him here and there, especially on twitter, but haven't a clue what he does or who he actually is. I've heard people criticise him and people praise him.

Divisive liberal columnist and pundit. Actually knew him when I was studying at the Uni of Leicester.

Basically a left-wing Rod Liddle without the misogyny.

• Thanks 1

Guest MattP
34 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Divisive liberal columnist and pundit. Actually knew him when I was studying at the Uni of Leicester.

Basically a left-wing Rod Liddle without the misogyny.

Can't really see the comparison there.

Liddle is working class, extremely funny (even if you don't agree with him) and has such a broad writing style he pens columns for publications as wide as the New Statesmen to The Sun to the Sunday Times.

I don't think Jones has ever raised a laugh in his life and the only publication he would be comfortable in is The Guardian. 

Edited by MattP

2 minutes ago, MattP said:

Can't really see the comparison there.

Liddle is working class, extremely funny (even if you don't agree with him) and has such a broad writing style he pens columns for publications as wide as the New Statesmen to The Sun to the Sunday Times.

I don't think Jones has ever raised a laugh in his life and the only publication he would be comfortable in is The Guardian. 

Liddle's sole intent - like Richard Littlejohn, come to that - is to rabble-rouse and be the voice of the "guy in the street" (whatever that means). Whether you find him funny or not is entirely subjective.

Ditto Jones, only he's the voice of a different group.

Edited by leicsmac

Guest MattP
1 hour ago, leicsmac said:

Liddle's sole intent - like Richard Littlejohn, come to that - is to rabble-rouse and be the voice of the "guy in the street" (whatever that means). Whether you find him funny or not is entirely subjective.

Ditto Jones, only he's the voice of a different group.

Can't agree. Over the years Liddle has wrote for everyone from The Guardian to the Times, has representated and worked for high profile Labour cabinet ministers, has been associate editor of publications and was even the editor of the BBC Today show for a few years - to suggest he's comparable to Littlejohn is a little bit ludicrous.

Anyone who dares to tell a few home truths to minority groups these days will be castigated as a bigot or wind up merchant by those strange people who see victimhood as some sort of desirable objective in life.

Edited by MattP

10 minutes ago, MattP said:

Can't agree. Over the years Liddle has wrote for everyone from The Guardian to the Times, has representated and worked for high profile Labour cabinet ministers, has been associate editor of publications and was even the editor of the BBC Today show for a few years - to suggest he's comparable to Littlejohn is a little bit ludicrous.

Anyone who dares to tell a few home truths to minority groups these days will be castigated as a bigot or wind up merchant by those strange people who see victimhood as some sort of desirable objective in life.

Fair enough, tbh I'm judging him in terms of the columns he writes right now, guess he could well just be playing to the audience (though, again, the casual misogyny through amused contempt for womens rights movements makes him a bit of a **** in my book). Perhaps Littlejohn himself is a better comparison to Jones in this regard.

I'm curious as to these "home truths", however.

I think my favourite Owen Jones moment was after the gay club shooting in Florida. He's been a fierce defender of Islamists all his life (like this) and then when one of them murders 50 people in a gay club he can't cope with a rational debate about Islamic extremism on Sky, he walks off.

Douglas Murray's insight to that incident and him in general is interesting .

On 23/02/2018 at 12:41, fuchsntf said:

Yes and No...It is giving all of us an Insight,to see what these cretins believe they can still

proclaim and Put out. No Matter how some believe how righteous we think our lives are,

we can openly See that around the 'civilised' world and so

called decent parts of our societies and culture,Racism is still a nasty thoughts still running

through the blood of our so called Higher echolons of our better educated countries.

However If Just also be Pointed Out,that through all of the recognised ethnic Peoples,

and those Peoples,Like to Go Into Blame-rage,and try to Put everyone down to the,

Colonial powers of foreign settlers.....

Racism, more so slavery and selling of people,was rife 1000yrs before,european colonist,

did their dirty deeds. The betrayal of their own,was and is still going on Just has Bad before.

Across the Asien,African,Oriental continentents, Racism is still a very ugly Part of their various

Culture,even among those "down-trodden"..

Hypocrisy...Open or Hidden is the Major enemy,for those who detest,or Just Like myself

cant understand Why all Peoples, no Matter who of all kinds that they are cant Just be 

accepted and Seen as ,Just another Guy/gal.

I tried to read this as a poem and was disappointed.

17 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Owen Jones.

Hes a misguided twat alright - always sounds and reads like there is an inability to take in the views of others... but I’m not sure he falls into the category of definition for this thread?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, Royston. said:

That article was published a few days ago. It sounds as if it was a teenage keyboard warrior who has already been arrested:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news/leicester-news/teenager-arrested-over-email-threat-1400407

I hope they throw the book at anyone responsible. Could do without a spate of such threats - even just hoax threats.

On 21/03/2018 at 01:32, urban.spaceman said:

I think my favourite Owen Jones moment was after the gay club shooting in Florida. He's been a fierce defender of Islamists all his life (like this) and then when one of them murders 50 people in a gay club he can't cope with a rational debate about Islamic extremism on Sky, he walks off.

Douglas Murray's insight to that incident and him in general is interesting .

Found it so funny just before he stormed off that he said 'you don't understand because your not gay' to the prestenter. Absolute prat. Imo douglas murray talks alot of sense. 

1 hour ago, Alf Bentley said:

That article was published a few days ago. It sounds as if it was a teenage keyboard warrior who has already been arrested:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news/leicester-news/teenager-arrested-over-email-threat-1400407

I hope they throw the book at anyone responsible. Could do without a spate of such threats - even just hoax threats.

Thanks, i had my doubts and i know something like this could happen any day but its still disturbing.

• Like 1