Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

• 2 weeks later...

I've noticed in the property that I live in, there's often random banging/clicking noises which appear to be coming from above the ceiling - more within the past few weeks than other times before since first living there.

It can happen at any point during the day, and even when no hear or water is running. Property is only 10 years old.

What would appear to be causing this?

23 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

I've noticed in the property that I live in, there's often random banging/clicking noises which appear to be coming from above the ceiling - more within the past few weeks than other times before since first living there.

It can happen at any point during the day, and even when no hear or water is running. Property is only 10 years old.

A ghost.

34 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Probably a stalker, have you upset anyone on here 

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Could be tap dancing birds wearing clogs

6 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

It'll be some sort of wildlife in the roof. Probably a starling but it could be a squirrel.

11 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

pipes expanding. 

Or you have 'exploding head syndrome' which is a real and unpleasant thing!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

A Portuguese bloke once told me this story that he swore blind was true. There was an old derelict house somewhere remote in Portugal and the council ordered that it should be boarded up to prevent trespassers.

What they didn't realise was that there were rats living in there. Once the house was boarded up, the rats couldn't escape, but they could continue to breed. Of course, they didn't have anything to eat - except each other.

As the house was now in complete darkness 24/7, over a few years evolution took its course. The rats developed a sort of film over their eyeballs, like a permanent eyelid, rendering them all blind.

Also, of course it was the largest, strongest, fiercest rats that survived to breed under the evolutionary process.

A few years later, when the house was opened up, the council encountered blind, savagely carnivorous/cannibalistic rats almost the size of cats.

I reckon you should get up into your loft or ceiling cavity to check things out, before the rats get too big. ;)

• Haha 4

23 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

A Portuguese bloke once told me this story that he swore blind was true. There was an old derelict house somewhere remote in Portugal and the council ordered that it should be boarded up to prevent trespassers.

What they didn't realise was that there were rats living in there. Once the house was boarded up, the rats couldn't escape, but they could continue to breed. Of course, they didn't have anything to eat - except each other.

As the house was now in complete darkness 24/7, over a few years evolution took its course. The rats developed a sort of film over their eyeballs, like a permanent eyelid, rendering them all blind.

Also, of course it was the largest, strongest, fiercest rats that survived to breed under the evolutionary process.

A few years later, when the house was opened up, the council encountered blind, savagely carnivorous/cannibalistic rats almost the size of cats.

I reckon you should get up into your loft or ceiling cavity to check things out, before the rats get too big. ;)

You're half-right.

Went up and saw these two playing about..:P

ff01ce199f84c89f5af50885f26ef4fa--cute-r

Edited by Wymeswold fox
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Just now, Unabomber said:

Washing machine is full of water won’t drain. Anyone know the cause and what to do 

Guy at work was talking about his daughters doing the same thing and it turned out to be, ironically, a washing instruction tag of some clothing. I think he managed to open the filter (lots of water btw) and found it that way.

3 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Yeah I have emptied the machine like the main part.

OK Good, on some machines there is a drain tube next to the filter that allows you to empty the rest of the water

in the machine before you open the filter.

If there is not, put a couple of towels down where the filter is to soak the excess water up, good luck!

8 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Where the hell is the filter can’t open any front panel 

Here's a vid, usually it's a long panel, on this video it's a short one. Usually pull down on a hidden hinge. the filters are usually the same as instructed. Unscrew it, and make sure you have a couple of towels down as mentioned by someone. Then fish around inside for the offending article. Could be anything if you have kids! Might be a coin, lego piece, bit of card, a tag etc.