Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

Keown: 'I think Tottenham will [win the title] and I feel that more strongly now than I have done at any point this season,' he said.'When you look at the fixtures to come and you see how Leicester performed on Monday against Newcastle, you can see the nerves building.'

It really pisses me off how performances by us are treated so differently to those of other teams. Man City were losing every week and all we heard was "Leicester will be worried about them", Palace haven't won in ages and everyone tips them to win against us, because we weren't great against Newcastle. Spurs blow a chance to go above us with poor results over West Ham and 10 man Arsenal... yet we're crumbling under the pressure.

Totally agree .

It seems these twists and turns, they are waiting Leicester needing to face,

has totally confused every single pundit.The Londoners and Lancashire hopefulls are the ones

Getting dizzy.

To be honest they may be being questioning and worried of their rights to be called experts.

Like the financial experts, in the bank crashes and crisis.

Keown: 'I think Tottenham will [win the title] and I feel that more strongly now than I have done at any point this season,' he said.'When you look at the fixtures to come and you see how Leicester performed on Monday against Newcastle, you can see the nerves building.'

It really pisses me off how performances by us are treated so differently to those of other teams. Man City were losing every week and all we heard was "Leicester will be worried about them", Palace haven't won in ages and everyone tips them to win against us, because we weren't great against Newcastle. Spurs blow a chance to go above us with poor results over West Ham and 10 man Arsenal... yet we're crumbling under the pressure.

If Tottenham performed like that on Monday and still picked up the 3 points people would be raving how that was a "performance of champions" Not playing well at all but still getting the win.

Little old Leicester win ugly and people start saying "they are feeling the pressure now you can see they are nervous" We've had this bollocks all season beginning of the season it was, "oh it won't last" October it was "wait until Vardy & Mahrez get injured then they will be fvcked" November it was "they've not played any big teams yet, the fixture list has been kind to them" January "they'll fall away soon they've got Liverpool, Man City & Arsenal, end of March it was "they play what look easier games this is games they will struggle against teams fighting for their lives" now it's "they are starting to feel the pressure"

All season people have wrote us and they have defied the odds, 8 games left and still some people don't want to give us credit.

• Like 2

henry said a lot of nice things about our players on sky sports news this morning, mainly asked about drinkwater and kante as they were discussing international squads. nothing groundbreaking but just saying how our whole team is an inspiration to everyone. 

then he let himself down like an absolute donut by saying "it just goes to show how you can still get into international squads playing for teams outside the top 4" 

WE'RE TOP MATE. WE LITERALLY ARE IN THE TOP FOUR. 

• Like 2

henry said a lot of nice things about our players on sky sports news this morning, mainly asked about drinkwater and kante as they were discussing international squads. nothing groundbreaking but just saying how our whole team is an inspiration to everyone.

then he let himself down like an absolute donut by saying "it just goes to show how you can still get into international squads playing for teams outside the top 4"

WE'RE TOP MATE. WE LITERALLY ARE IN THE TOP FOUR.

Know what you mean.

On a side note, it would make my day if a Chelsea or Man Utd fan complained that Rashford / Loftus - Cheek werent in the England squad over Drinkwater/Vardy by claiming 'typical top 4 bias'.

It's all about evidence and perception. The world knows Aguero, Silva, Toure, Kompany are top class players. Are our players top class or one season wonders? The likes of Vardy, Drinkwater, Mahrez, Morgan, etc are a good age but have never had a season like this in their careers. If they were 21 it would be easier to accept but these players haven't produced the goods for a long enough period of time to accept they're on the same level as the best players in the league. I'm playing devil's advocate but I can fully accept why some people doubt our quality.

Anyway I'm much more comfortable listening to people doubt us than I am when they've already crowned us champions. I cringed when I heard the phone in on Radio Leicester when callers were saying we would almost certainly win it. I'm sure the players would show less nerves as well if people are writing them off.

I could see him managing Leicester in the future when Ranieri retires. He's a good manager. I don't think he's objectionable at all.

He obviously admires Renieri and it would be perfect for him to take over once Renieri finishes.

Sam Bailey really? Is she still trying to cling on? Surely we can attract better pop stars like Rihanna now?

Apparently Pique felt in love with Leicester recently... Drinky should better keep his head down and eyes on the ball, because now if Claudio makes "Dilly-ding dilly-dong", Shakira will appear to sing along

Pundits jumping on one game are as useless as they come. Some on here don't fall too far behind. All season we have proved ourselves with exciting thrilling football. We are still winning with no end in sight and we are doing so because the players believe. Anyone and I mean anyone that doubts us now is an absolute ass

Pundits jumping on one game are as useless as they come. Some on here don't fall too far behind. All season we have proved ourselves with exciting thrilling football. We are still winning with no end in sight and we are doing so because the players believe. Anyone and I mean anyone that doubts us now is an absolute ass

Not necessarily. I still don't think that a pundit saying 'Spurs will win the league' 'Leicester will drop off in the remaining fixtures' 'Leicester are feeling the pressure' is stupid or an ass because all could conceivably happen. I do see your point though and it is highly amusing that these same pundits keep coming up with different excuses as to why we can't win the league, straight after we've just smashed one of their other excuses! Eg we haven't played anyone good yet, Liverpool City Arsenal = 6 points, which led on to the doping theory!

Listening to the radio in the week, (probably I player radio match commentary) one of the commentators or presenters said that watching the players pre and post match they are showing no signs of nerves. I'd put the performance possibly down to newcastles tactics and maybe one or two having a slightly off night. Just because they didn't play as well as usual doesn't automatically mean nerves, it was just one of those nights against a revived opposition under a new manager suddenly made to realise that they've got to scrap and spoil to get what they want. We came through it successfully and will most likely have to face similar again this season.

I've never wanted anything more in my life then us actually winning this thing, mainly for personal gain but also to just shut these doubters up. I'd be devastated if we didn't do it now to be honest, I can't bare the thought of Hugo Lloris lifting that trophy.

• Like 1

Amazing really.

If we play like we did on monday we could lose 3 in a row......but we still could win the league.

These guys have short memories though. If we play like we did against man city we will wrap the league in the next 4/5.

Palace could beat us, no doubt. But bournemouth could beat spurs.