Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

I was going to post about this, I've just heard it on the way to work as a podcast. Mills comes across as a complete idiot, being negative about us and how well we will do yet ignoring what we have done in the league. Also he contradicts himself and his own work with youth players if he admits that people globally want to see big star teams and that is more important than someone else winning it on merit, yet wonders why no one brings kids through. I loved when Barton kept pulling him up when he was name dropping teams and coaches to make his points.

Barton has been fantastic in his punditry work this season, always saying positive things about us and doesn't pull any punches about other teams flaws that others try to gloss over. It seems that as he's coming to the end of his football career he is using his love of the game and inside knowledge of the workings of football.

For someone who have always generally considered a complete arse, Joey Barton has impressed me all season with his comments. The man talks a lot of sense, and doesn't tow the line. He pulled Danny Mills to pieces yesterday and it's not the first time.

He absolutely destroyed Steve Claridge earlier in the season, dismantling Claridge's argument (although I don't recall the specifics).

Barton is an intellectual, despite being a thug and sounding like a Scouse spiv.

Mills was also a thug on the pitch and as a pundit, he isn't much better.

Lawro is just 'away with the fairies'

The main issue with footballers is that if they weren't footballers, there wouldn't be too many lawyers or doctors amongst them. expecting them to become pundits capable of detailed reasoning is stretching reality.

Some serious nonsense in that Eurosport article, if we fail to win the title, Spurs win it then Pochettino would be ahead of Bilic, but he would still not be favourite for MOTS that would still be Ranieri.

If this season had gone more or less to form, Chelsea and Mourinho win it comfortably  Arsenal and Man City 2nd and 3rd and West Ham get fourth, then Bilic would have been favourite for MOTS.

But this is not a normal season and at the moment he is doing well, he is 9 points up on Allardyce's team last season and that is only because their whole season was de-railed by the announcement of Allardyce going. Big Sam deserves a lot of credit for West Ham's  season, in the same way Pearson does for ours. He built that team and had them performing brilliantly at times last season.

Bilic will be a contender this season, but he would be behind Ranieri and Pochettino and possibly behind Flores (if Watford win the FA cup and recover their league form) and Howe.

As for Barton, he is a pseudo wannabe intellectual, styling himself as the thinking man's footballer and normally failing. I will say he comes across as a football fan, and he does care about the game and doesn't pander to big clubs or money.

He still comes out with utter shite sometimes though.

• Like 1

Souness "Leicester would be the worst team to ever win the league, they'll bottle it anyway".

Premier League he's possibly correct, bar Fergies last year at Man U I don't know how that side won the league. Not so sure about the last part of his statement I've been waiting for us to bottle it for weeks, it just aint happening

Haha this is great listening, Danny Mills sounds so flustered you can hear his wobbly breath like he's about to cry as he's trying to answer Barton's questions. 

"But.. but but Leicester can't win anything they're going to be rubbish in the Champions League and I don't want to watch them in the Charity Shield" F uck offfff

• Like 1

I've not heard it yet cause of work but I look forward to hearing it.

The UCL thing is something I am baffled by. Fans, journalists, pundits are all so petrified we're going to flunk in the Champions League and ruin the coefficient. I'm sorry, if the clubs representing England in Europe over the last five years hadn't dropped their standards so much the coefficient wouldn't be in danger of seeing us drop a place?

Maybe if Europa League qualifiers started taking things seriously, and the regular UCL qualifiers stopped being so inept we might not be in such ranking danger. Anyway, the group stages of the Champions League are generally boring anyway, having a brand new club playing in them should be something they embrace.

• Like 1

Premier League he's possibly correct, bar Fergies last year at Man U I don't know how that side won the league. Not so sure about the last part of his statement I've been waiting for us to bottle it for weeks, it just aint happening

He might be correct, but would he be saying it about Arsenal if they ended up winning it this season, or Liverpool, or Man City by one point from us come the end of the season? Doubtful.

It's the same bias as you get from most of them, it's Leicester... ergo... they can't be very good.

Did anyone say the league was poo last year? Not that many as far as I can remember. Now we're top, just three points off what Chelsea had this time last season, everyone man and his dog says it's a shit league. If it wasn't us there with Spurs and you had the usual suspects, they wouldn't be saying it.

He might be correct, but would he be saying it about Arsenal if they ended up winning it this season, or Liverpool, or Man City by one point from us come the end of the season? Doubtful.

It's the same bias as you get from most of them, it's Leicester... ergo... they can't be very good.

Did anyone say the league was poo last year? Not that many as far as I can remember. Now we're top, just three points off what Chelsea had this time last season, everyone man and his dog says it's a shit league. If it wasn't us there with Spurs and you had the usual suspects, they wouldn't be saying it.

Yep. If us and Chelsea swapped places, people wouldn't stop banging on about how Spurs have finally breached the top 4 and how well they've done.

Now we're top - apparently the leagues poor.

Yep. If us and Chelsea swapped places, people wouldn't stop banging on about how Spurs have finally breached the top 4 and how well they've done.

Now we're top - apparently the leagues poor.

That **** Collymore the other day was basically listing every team that ever finished 2nd or 3rd and was saying they'd all pretty much have won the league this year. Even the likes of the Forest team that finished 3rd, the Norwich team that did well, the Leeds team before it crashed and burnt. The same Leeds team that lost 11 games that season... we'd have to lose every game for the rest of the season to lose 11 games FFS.

The perception is we're here by default, we're not that good

The way Barton destroy Mills is majestic. I don't like him as a player, but as a pundit I'm warming to Joey quite a lot.

Mills on the other hand is an absolute waste of space.

Mills and Owen are the same they can't see anything outside of the so called big 4

In response to that podcast, Danny Mills needs to get off his high horse thinking that he has tried and tested certain routes for youth development and accept he hasn't got the ****ing answers to problems he is currently bringing up.

Now back to what I actually do give a flying **** about, is Leicester City. Danny Mills is trying to undermine our club by talking about us, as though we are not in the same pedigree or calibre as the so called " Elite Clubs " which is fair enough for now, but here is my answer to that. If Leicester City win the Premier League, after already winning the hearts and minds of the footballing world, this will not be a 1 off thing for our club, as we will progress and move forward. Holywood are seriously considering creating a movie about Vardy and our story and I am sorry Danny Mills, but if this pulls off, then this club will reach a global scale far superior than what it is now and it will stay that way for atleast a generation. Manchester City were **** all 10 years ago, now look at them, this is a perfect example for how it can work and be done, but we will do it the hard and respected way. I seriously hope we win this league and give a really good account for ourselves in the Champions League next season, should all this for happen for us. Then I can visit this **** in person and stick it to him.

It seems as though the " elitists " involved in the English league, like to create a disregard for what we might prevent from happening, rather than applauding and encouraging the changes and beauty of it. Respect for Barton by the way, proper lad with a mind of his own.

Also, we don't play like a traditional top European team. We've laid the 'possession wins games' myth to rest and less intelligent people just can't get their heads around it.

• Like 1