Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

The way Barton destroy Mills is majestic. I don't like him as a player, but as a pundit I'm warming to Joey quite a lot.

Mills on the other hand is an absolute waste of space.

Agree with this completely. He thinks about what he says and clearly does a lot o research which should be the bare minimum for a pundit but so many (like Mills and Owen) just don't bother and trot out the same cliches and uninformed opinions.

Agree with this completely. He thinks about what he says and clearly does a lot o research which should be the bare minimum for a pundit but so many (like Mills and Owen) just don't bother and trot out the same cliches and uninformed opinions.

Despite some of Barton's antics on the football field - he's clearly an intelligent guy. Far more so than Owen or Mills. How Mills and Ferdinand ever even got considered for their current role in shaping youth football I'll never know. 

FFS - Mills actually used the argument that his kids were in the youth system to support why he was a good choice for that kind of role. How embarrassing. 

It seems as though the " elitists " involved in the English league, like to create a disregard for what we might prevent from happening, rather than applauding and encouraging the changes and beauty of it. Respect for Barton by the way, proper lad with a mind of his own.

And here lies the problem with English football, Unwilling to change for the better.

He might be correct, but would he be saying it about Arsenal if they ended up winning it this season, or Liverpool, or Man City by one point from us come the end of the season? Doubtful.

It's the same bias as you get from most of them, it's Leicester... ergo... they can't be very good.

Did anyone say the league was poo last year? Not that many as far as I can remember. Now we're top, just three points off what Chelsea had this time last season, everyone man and his dog says it's a shit league. If it wasn't us there with Spurs and you had the usual suspects, they wouldn't be saying it.

Oh, Spurs would be one of the worst sides to win it if we don't, easily. I think it's safe to say if someone like that does win it they will have to hold their hands up and admit the same, pretty much guaranteed to by far lowest points total ever if anyone bar Spurs over takes us.

And again I don't know it's been getting worse for years, European exploits I've our apparent super clubs highlight that perfectly.

Not to take away anything from us (or indeed Spurs, lets remember there would be significant fuss made about them doing so well if it wasn't for us shocking the world)  it aint our fault the rest of the league is in a mess and we have been brilliant at times this season. We are grinding now, but that is fine, whatever gets us over the line.

Edited by Manwell Pablo

My biggest worry every year is that nobody will watch the Charity Shield so he has a valid point there.

For the good of English football Watford and Leicester should roll over so Arsenal win the title and Man Utd win the FA Cup and the world can have the Charity Shield it so much desires.

Holocaust comedy is a much-neglected genre. I mean, it's been like 70 years or something - isn't it about time we all agreed to see the funny side?  :unsure:

What sort of logic is that?

Slavery was a long time ago, lets make a joke about black people being slaves then shall we?

Holocaust comedy is a much-neglected genre. I mean, it's been like 70 years or something - isn't it about time we all agreed to see the funny side? :unsure:

Visit the Holocaust Museum, then tell us there's a funny side.

Visit the Holocaust Museum, then tell us there's a funny side.

Better still, go to somewhere like Dachau. Not far from Munich and on the outskirts of a pretty little village. Stand there in a wooden hut, and imagine that you're going to be stripped naked and taken from there to a gas chamber. Then tell us that holocaust comedy is a much-neglected genre.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/mar/17/premier-league-couch-potato-european-stage

Going to link this article, it's not really about us although worth a read regardless. However this passage is another good counter point to all the Danny Mills nonsense:

For example it has been suggested Leicester City will struggle in Europe next season. But why would they? Right now Leicester look a bit like the kind of team that regularly bamboozles, or keeps pace with, English football’s richest clubs in Europe: well-organised, tactically coherent, a team not a collection of soldered-on stars. Intangibles of stage fright and inexperience aside, why would Leicester fare any worse in European competition than the eight teams they currently lead in the league?

• Like 1

Not seen this anywhere else, but there's a piece on BBC Breakfast about City, featuring a young Gary L, Richard III, Stringer, Sam Bailey and Chris Prike (the guy who cashed in his £100K bet for £31K).

I guess it will be repeated through the morning.