Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

I'd love it this season we win the league, West Ham make the CL, Watford win the FA Cup, the three promoted teams stay up at the expensive of three 'big' clubs and Chelsea, Man City, Man Utd and Liverpool all fail to make the CL.

What a great way to show that more money isn't everything and that stockpiling £25m players doesn't guarantee success.

Would anyone mind if we swapped Arsenal for one of those? (My fiancee would prefer it :P;) )

EDIT: they need to lose a place in the CL just be sure of Wenger going... ;)

Edited by PhillippaT

Most of these articles are click-bait. No better than buzzfeed. In their minds it's better to have a $hitty article that annoys people (but is read and commented on) than a quality piece of journalism. It all about ad revenue now.

Be that as it may this Jim White fella has just stated that Bilic should be MOTS if Leicester fail to win the league. Unless he's a West Ham fan he can't really, genuinely believe Ranieri only deserves the award if we win it. I mean I'm all for clickbait with opinions about how any title win by us wouldn't be the best; how we're messing the establishment up etc, but to state what he has with a straight face would be astonishing.

Watching barca v arsa, and the commentators were just wondering whether we'd do well in the cl next season. (About 35 mins in)

Obviously, winning at the nou camp is a pipe dream, but it stands to reason that we'd be better prepared to deal with that challenge than barca wannabes. Arsenal are trying to play barca at their own game, which is never going to work, when barca are 10 times better at it than they are. The lack of possession is strange to arsenal, whereas it's our bread and butter. I'm sure we'd still get beat, but we might create more chances than arsenal are.

Watching barca v arsa, and the commentators were just wondering whether we'd do well in the cl next season. (About 35 mins in)

Obviously, winning at the nou camp is a pipe dream, but it stands to reason that we'd be better prepared to deal with that challenge than barca wannabes. Arsenal are trying to play barca at their own game, which is never going to work, when barca are 10 times better at it than they are. The lack of possession is strange to arsenal, whereas it's our bread and butter. I'm sure we'd still get beat, but we might create more chances than arsenal are.

It is a pretty dull match. I am keen to give it a go but I don't think the CL produces much good football.

Be that as it may this Jim White fella has just stated that Bilic should be MOTS if Leicester fail to win the league. Unless he's a West Ham fan he can't really, genuinely believe Ranieri only deserves the award if we win it. I mean I'm all for clickbait with opinions about how any title win by us wouldn't be the best; how we're messing the establishment up etc, but to state what he has with a straight face would be astonishing.

I don't disagree with you. The 'journalist' in question is either stupid, or biased. But his opinion really doesn't matter - just ignore him. Tomorrow chip paper etc.

So if Ranieri doesn't win he will be "known as the eternal chocker." But if he does it should be credited to Pearson for the "momentum" he created.

So, Ranieri will look bad either way.

What brilliant insight. What perspective.

Big fish, Medium-sized pond (with as yet unknown depths of joy in the middle) is about right for us and Mahrez. 

Don't get me wrong, he is a big fish... but Barca are a shark in the football pond.

Personally I think he would happily get lost in a shoal of his boyhood heroes, if only to be able to say to himself and Le Havré... "I play with Messi".

Hope I'm wrong and he sees sense. 

He could become a Demi-God with us or just another decent player who passed on through. If he does go, I truly hope he lights up the European stage. Can't see it though.

Really hope Riyad stays. I honestly think we could give Barcelona a real run for their money next year.

Absolutely.  This presumptive quote:

Slaven Bilic will be bringing European football to the new stadium. Without doubt it will be the Europa League, possibly as FA Cup winners. But there is every chance, given the general haplessness of his rival clubs attempting to seal fourth place in the Premier League, that it will be Champions League football.

and the fact that he doesn't even mention Pocchetino once as a potential candidate tells you all you need to know about this Jim White fellow.  Man wants attention and judging by the comments at the bottom he's won it.