Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

haha, we've lost three games in our last 34 league games but we've got three losses in a row written all over us imo.

we haven't lost back to back league games let alone three in a row since February last year.

Also, we don't play like a traditional top European team. We've laid the 'possession wins games' myth to rest and less intelligent people just can't get their heads around it.

Chelsea won the champions league that way and Atleti nearly did as well. It's hardly groundbreaking stuff.

I'm sorry, but is half of the article spent on explaining how the Mercury got hold of Mancini's telephone number?

Extraordinarily bad journalism - talking about yourself more than you're talking about the main subject! lol

It's like a desperate attempt at creating either a short story or a novel.

But one bit caught my eye:

under the guidance of boss Sven Goran's Eriksson, Mancini would often give the half-time team talks. "Everyone could see he would make a good manager," Eriksson said at the time.

Very telling. Who was supposed to be the manager back then? :D

I'm going to play devil's advocate here and say he could well be right.

There is still a lot of unknowns about our team. A lot of our players are well into their careers and have been journeyman and with the exception of Huth and possibly Fuchs have never played in a team near this level. Players like:

Schmeichel 29

Simpson 29

Fuchs 29

Morgan 32

Huth 31

Okazaki 29

Albrighton 26

Then there are players who aren't young but having stand out seasons and performing way above any level they've ever been:

Drinkwater 26

Kante 24

Mahrez 25

Vardy 29

There was nothing really to suggest this group of players at their ages and up to date careers could collectively perform to this level for this long and outperform teams who've spent hundreds of millions on players who've been top class for a number of years.

If the majority of our players were 23 and under it's a lot easier to believe this is a top class team in the making but we're basically made up of journeyman who are having the stand out season in their careers which makes this all the more remarkable. There were few unknowns in our team and with the evidence of their careers to date we looked like a side who would be more likely at the other end of the table.

For pundits and the public to accept we aren't a flash in the pan we're going to have to perform at this level for at least another season. The longer we perform at this level the more the doubts are eradicated but you can't blame people for still having doubts purely because of the pedigree of our players.

I love it though as our players and club constantly pass every test that is given to them.  :)

Edited by Gerard
  • Like 2

There is still a lot of unknowns about our team. A lot of our players are well into their careers and have been journeyman and with the exception of Huth and possibly Fuchs have never played in a team near this level. Players like:

Schmeichel 29

Simpson 29

Fuchs 29

Morgan 32

Huth 31

Okazaki 29

Albrighton 26

Then there are players who aren't young but having stand out seasons and performing way above any level they've ever been:

Drinkwater 26

Kante 24

Mahrez 25

Vardy 29

There was nothing really to suggest this group of players at their ages and up to date careers could collectively perform to this level for this long and outperform teams who've spent hundreds of millions on players who've been top class for a number of years.

If the majority of our players were 23 and under it's a lot easier to believe this is a top class team in the making but we're basically made up of journeyman who are having the stand out season in their careers which makes this all the more remarkable. There were few unknowns in our team and with the evidence of their careers to date we looked like a side who would be more likely at the other end of the table.

For pundits and the public to accept we aren't a flash in the pan we're going to have to perform at this level for at least another season. The longer we perform at this level the more the doubts are eradicated but you can't blame people for still having doubts purely because of the pedigree of our players.

I love it though as our players and club constantly pass every test that is given to them. :)

Doubts are one thing, but loads of people writing us off because we were poor in one game they happened to watch is just moronic. We've been doing this for over a year now, yet that all gets ignored because of one performance.

Especially when we're up against a team without a win in months and months. There is absolutely nothing that points to a palace win, they may well win... We'll lose at some point. But they are just basing it on the normal bias against us, it's been one excuse after another to write us off all year.

Edited by Babylon
  • Like 1

Doubts are one thing, but loads of people writing us off because we were poor in one game they happened to watch is just moronic. We've been doing this over a year now, yet that all gets ignored because of one performance.

A performance which still resulted in a win against a rejuvenated team with a new high profile manager... so that makes it even more moronic

Edited by foxes_rule1978

What's he saying?

More of the same, we're gonna drop off because we looked nervous against Newcastle, apparently Morgan and Huth no longer wanted the ball, Fuchs was nervous, we're all feeling the pressure, etc. And then that Wenger deserves 10 years of nothing as he had 10 years of success and he's now playing a nice brand of football.

More of the same, we're gonna drop off because we looked nervous against Newcastle, apparently Morgan and Huth no longer wanted the ball, Fuchs was nervous, we're all feeling the pressure, etc. And then that Wenger deserves 10 years of nothing as he had 10 years of success and he's now playing a nice brand of football.

So basically he's never watched us play then... can someone name me a time Huth and Morgan actually wanted the ball? lol

Schmeichel 29

Simpson 29

Fuchs 29

Morgan 32

Huth 31

Okazaki 29

Albrighton 26

Drinkwater 26

Kante 24

Mahrez 25

Vardy 29

I love it though as our players and club constantly pass every test that is given to them. :)

But we aren't talking about building a legacy with these players and challenging for the title every season we are talking this season, this title and our closest rivals for the title.

Spurs' squad has less experience of a premier league title race than we do. They are not one of the big clubs that challenge for the title every season, do the same analysis over the Spurs squad They have no experience and have not won anything.

Loving this from the Everton - Arsenal game:

Adam Duke: "Hopefully when I'm on summer holiday with my Everton kit on people will mistake me for a Leicester supporter. Dire."

• Like 1

lol he's mad. I genuinely don't think he knows what he's on about half the time

Four clean sheets out of five is not lucky. Haven't seen today's but you can't knock the goals against narch horns n Geordies, quality goals all three.

Pressure on them tomorrow, lose tomorrow and you'd think four wins for us makes it practically mathematical.

I don't really care if they are lucky tomorrow or not, you win the game in any way possible. There's no more points to be gained for style or whatever.

In fact, the game we played our best football recently was in a 2-2 draw.