Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

Is it Joey Barton on five live? He's just gave mills a dressing down for suggesting that we aren't going to do any good in the champions league if we qualify and won't challenge for the top four next season. Also had a go at him for moaning that next seasons charity shield could be Leicester v Watford and wouldn't attract big TV audiences, Barton accused him of only wanting a league were those with the big money can qualify. He said nobody knows what the owners plans are no this season will allow us to buy better quality players. He basically ties mills in knots with everything he says also including bringing kids through the academy's into first teams . I used to think he was a twat but fair play to him he seems to have a good outlook on the game away from these pro big club pundits that know little else outside the top four and who scrape a living from that and generalisations and popular misconceptions about every other club.

Edited by Vlad the Fox
  • Like 1

Is it Joey Barton on five live? He's just gave mills a dressing down for suggesting that we aren't going to do any good in the champions league if we qualify and won't challenge for the top four next season. Also had a go at him for moaning that next seasons charity shield could be Leicester v Watford and wouldn't attract big TV audiences, Barton accused him of only wanting a league were those with the big money can qualify. He said nobody knows what the owners plans are no this season will allow us to buy better quality players. He basically ties mills in knots with everything he says regarding bringing kids through the academy's into first teams . I used to think he was a twat but fair play to him he seems to have a good outlook on the game away from these pro big club pundits that know little else outside the top four and who scrape a living from that and generalisations and popular misconceptions about every other club.

Barton is a legend

Is it Joey Barton on five live? He's just gave mills a dressing down for suggesting that we aren't going to do any good in the champions league if we qualify and won't challenge for the top four next season. Also had a go at him for moaning that next seasons charity shield could be Leicester v Watford and wouldn't attract big TV audiences, Barton accused him of only wanting a league were those with the big money can qualify. He said nobody knows what the owners plans are no this season will allow us to buy better quality players. He basically ties mills in knots with everything he says also including bringing kids through the academy's into first teams . I used to think he was a twat but fair play to him he seems to have a good outlook on the game away from these pro big club pundits that know little else outside the top four and who scrape a living from that and generalisations and popular misconceptions about every other club.

Undoubtedly, was a knob. Seems to have his head screwed on now and is generally worth a listen.

And Danny mills is an ignorant tit (another who said we couldn't win the league without any good reasoning )

Mills was the willy puller who wanted B teams in the football league saying its' 'the way forward'. willy puller.

Barton is a legend

He is the best pundit out there. Original opinions and a fresh outlook.

Leicester going to bomb in Europe? What like Arsenal losing 5:1 on aggregate to a Barca in second gear? Or Spurs playing the kids because they know they will lose?

Mind you if Mahrez went to Barca he wouldn't get off their bench. If he really wants to play every game in the CL next year he should stick with us.

If Pearson had this season and Ranieri had last season there's no way they'd be praising Ranieri now for leaving the foundations in place.

Umm if Ranieri had had multiple seasons of progress as Pearson did, ended the season as we did last year, was sacked to the dismay of most of our fans and was widely credited by Leicester fans as having a significant influence on where we are then of course he would. The media don't like Pearson and Pearson doesn't like the media, they're just by-and-large offering a pretty honest account of how things have gone, Pearson did some great work getting the foundations perfect, Ranieri has taken it to another level entirely. We don't need to be castigating journalists who are talking sense, there are plenty who aren't.

I remember Mills on Football Focus before christmas saying we won't win the league because 'it's Leicester' and that he wouldn't pay £10m for Vardy. Absolute helmet

He's the football pundit equivalent of the Daily Mail's current affairs section 

Umm if Ranieri had had multiple seasons of progress as Pearson did, ended the season as we did last year, was sacked to the dismay of most of our fans and was widely credited by Leicester fans as having a significant influence on where we are then of course he would. The media don't like Pearson and Pearson doesn't like the media, they're just by-and-large offering a pretty honest account of how things have gone, Pearson did some great work getting the foundations perfect, Ranieri has taken it to another level entirely. We don't need to be castigating journalists who are talking sense, there are plenty who aren't.

They don't like him so why are they are rushing in to praise him now? It's because they wrote Ranieri off as a joke appointment, can't completely admit they've been wrong so have to lace every praising piece about him by mentioning the work of the man before- a man they didn't think was leaving a great deal in place for the future a year ago.

I have a lot of respect for Pearson and believe he did an excellent job in restoring this club from it's lowest position back into the Premier League but these journalists are not big fans of him and really acknowledging his work, they are trying to save face.

• Like 1

I'd love to go on there and rip every single one of them without fail to shreds, would be painfully easy, but I'd get banned so what's the point.

We need to keep a regular watch on that thread. I have never in my life seen such bitterness. Disgusting cvnts. I'd give anything to win it in the last minute of the season at their expense.

Thing is, why, as supporters of a club should we give a **** about viewing figures and millions of foreign viewers? That's for the suits to worry about, players, ex players and football people should also appreciate that more too, that as a competition its thriving and not a closed shop. Mills is one of those dangerous people who enthusiastically toe the company line without questioning its motives or results or standing back and considering other perspectives. Barton showed him up for the spineless self aggrandising twat he is tonight.

Edited by Vlad the Fox
  • Like 4

I'd love to go on there and rip every single one of them without fail to shreds, would be painfully easy, but I'd get banned so what's the point.

We need to keep a regular watch on that thread. I have never in my life seen such bitterness. Disgusting cvnts. I'd give anything to win it in the last minute of the season at their expense.

Much rather sew it up before then, don't think I could handle that kind of tension.

I remember Mills on Football Focus before christmas saying we won't win the league because 'it's Leicester'

To be fair, that's the only reason I can come up with too, this sort of thing just doesn't happen to us. I still can't get my head around the fact it's actually happening.

I was going to post about this, I've just heard it on the way to work as a podcast.  Mills comes across as a complete idiot, being negative about us and how well we will do yet ignoring what we have done in the league.  Also he contradicts himself and his own work with youth players if he admits that people globally want to see big star teams and that is more important than someone else winning it on merit, yet wonders why no one brings kids through.  I loved when Barton kept  pulling him up when he was name dropping teams and coaches to make his points. 

Barton has been fantastic in his punditry work this season, always saying positive things about us and doesn't pull any punches about other teams flaws that others try to gloss over.  It seems that as he's coming to the end of his football career he is using his love of the game and inside knowledge of the workings of football.

• Like 1