Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

Not seen this anywhere else, but there's a piece on BBC Breakfast about City, featuring a young Gary L, Richard III, Stringer, Sam Bailey and Chris Prike (the guy who cashed in his £100K bet for £31K).

I guess it will be repeated through the morning.

I saw that too. I think the telling point for me was the comment by the woman presenter (Naga Munchetty) after the piece who said that even for those people like her that are not really interested in football, the Leicester City story was one they were following.

As the football world seemingly is all about brands nowadays,  :rolleyes: , can any of the "big brands", Chelski, Man Ure, Liverpool, Man City and the Arse say this about their brands. No.

Leicester City is the most exciting footballing brand on the planet at the moment.  :D

Edited by Steven

I saw that too. I think the telling point for me was the comment by the woman presenter (Naga Munchetty) after the piece who said that even for those people like her that are not really interested in football, the Leicester City story was one they were following.

As the football world seemingly is all about brands nowadays,  :rolleyes: , can any of the "big brands", Chelski, Man Ure, Liverpool, Man City and the Arse say this about their brands. No.

Leicester City is the most exciting footballing brand on the planet at the moment.  :D

Even Man u. are trying to cash in....... off our backs... crumbs off our table..  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3497745/Manchester-United-try-cash-Leicester-City-title-glory-VIP-seats-Old-Trafford-clash.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Keown: 'I think Tottenham will [win the title] and I feel that more strongly now than I have done at any point this season,' he said.'When you look at the fixtures to come and you see how Leicester performed on Monday against Newcastle, you can see the nerves building.'

It really pisses me off how performances by us are treated so differently to those of other teams. Man City were losing every week and all we heard was "Leicester will be worried about them", Palace haven't won in ages and everyone tips them to win against us, because we weren't great against Newcastle. Spurs blow a chance to go above us with poor results over West Ham and 10 man Arsenal... yet we're crumbling under the pressure.

Keown: 'I think Tottenham will [win the title] and I feel that more strongly now than I have done at any point this season,' he said.'When you look at the fixtures to come and you see how Leicester performed on Monday against Newcastle, you can see the nerves building.'

It really pisses me off how performances by us are treated so differently to those of other teams. Man City were losing every week and all we heard was "Leicester will be worried about them", Palace haven't won in ages and everyone tips them to win against us, because we weren't great against Newcastle. Spurs blow a chance to go above us with poor results over West Ham and 10 man Arsenal... yet we're crumbling under the pressure.

Keown's statement doesn't surprise me the slightest. After all, he's played the majority of his career at Arsenal and thus counts as a London boy. Probably more jealous than anything, hence tipping local rivals Spurs to the title.

Keown is quite clever... He's actually doing us a tiny favour... The more the pundits right us off without good reason and start choosing underachieving spurs, the more pressure will build on them.

Whatever the palace result the pressure on spurs will be huge to try keep up or close the gap. Especially now they got hammered out of Europe and the pundits are picking them and overlooking us...

Ranieri will make sure we just win our game at palace.

• Like 1

Keown's statement doesn't surprise me the slightest. After all, he's played the majority of his career at Arsenal and thus counts as a London boy. Probably more jealous than anything, hence tipping local rivals Spurs to the title.

Or maybe for that same reason he is trying to put pressure on Spurs so that we do well?

As the football world seemingly is all about brands nowadays, :rolleyes: , can any of the "big brands", Chelski, Man Ure, Liverpool, Man City and the Arse say this about their brands. No.

Leicester City is the most exciting footballing brand on the planet at the moment. :D

Charlie Staite looked uncomfortable. I think he might be a Spurs fan

I remember that fvckin donkey "playing" for us in 2004 and he was an absolute disgrace. He made absolutely no effort to contribute, didn't raise his pace above an amble, and p1ssed off to insult Reading in similar vein after six months. One of the ultimate "last big payday" merchants, along with little tw4t Dennis Wise.

• Like 4

I remember that fvckin donkey "playing" for us in 2004 and he was an absolute disgrace. He made absolutely no effort to contribute, didn't raise his pace above an amble, and p1ssed off to insult Reading in similar vein after six months. One of the ultimate "last big payday" merchants, along with little tw4t Dennis Wise.

Agreed, not a fan at all of the ugly monkey.

However nervous we looked on Monday, Spurs didn't exactly flow with confidence at 2-1 against ten men a couple of weeks ago. They also have little experience of challenging for the title, if they go above us then it's a different pressure for them.