Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

Guest MattP
9 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

On series 4 of The Sopranos. What a beautiful show it Is. Everything is so well thought out and nothing feels rushed 

Some great comedy in there too. The episode where Chris and Pauli get lost in the woods and have to sleep in that abandoned van had me in stitches 

Tony Soprano: [over the phone] It's a bad connection, so I'm gonna talk fast! The guy you're looking for is an ex-commando! He killed sixteen Chechen rebels single-handed!

Paulie 'Walnuts' Gualtieri: Get the **** outta here.

Tony Soprano: Yeah. Nice, huh? He was with the Interior Ministry. Guy's some kind of Russian green beret. This guy can not come back to tell this story. You understand?

Paulie 'Walnuts' Gualtieri: I hear you.

[the telephone connection is lost - Tony swears, and Paulie hangs up]

Paulie 'Walnuts' Gualtieri: [turning to Christopher] You're not gonna believe this. He killed sixteen Czechoslovakians. The guy was an interior decorator.

Christopher Moltisanti: His house looked like shit.

lol

Guest MattP
2 minutes ago, FIF said:

I always worry about people who can quote large pieces of (fictional) TV programme.

Can you really not tell that has been copied and pasted? 

If you can't I'd worry about that more than anything. 

Edited by MattP

12 minutes ago, MattP said:

Can you really not tell that has been copied and pasted? 

If you can't I'd worry about that more than anything. 

Whilst I was only half serious Matt - I know that you are a stand-up guy - whether it was copied and pasted would only change my view slightly.

1 minute ago, FIF said:

whether it was copied and pasted would only change my view slightly.

I think I know what you mean. I used to work with a couple of guys that used to quote lines from 'The Simpsons'. It got tedious very quickly. I guess equally it could have been 'Monty Python' or 'Pulp Fiction' - both of those are, I believe, popular sources for people to quote.

On 18/08/2018 at 09:17, FoxNotFox said:

I think I know what you mean. I used to work with a couple of guys that used to quote lines from 'The Simpsons'. It got tedious very quickly. I guess equally it could have been 'Monty Python' or 'Pulp Fiction' - both of those are, I believe, popular sources for people to quote.

I've got a Simpsons reference for everything that happens in day to day life, you'd love hanging around with me

I also have Tourette's Guy comebacks to most insults and situations but people who aren't familiar with these things (and that's most people) just look at me like I'm 200lbs of bird shit when I reel them off. Fvck them and their pussy-whipped friends.

Guest MattP
On 18/08/2018 at 09:17, FoxNotFox said:

Say what again I dare ya.

On 18/08/2018 at 01:15, foxfanazer said:

On series 4 of The Sopranos. What a beautiful show it Is. Everything is so well thought out and nothing feels rushed 

old HBO classic.Sopranos and The Wire best tv shows by a mile.

Fargo season 2 is up in top list for me as well

On 17/08/2018 at 22:15, foxfanazer said:

Some great comedy in there too. The episode where Chris and Pauli get lost in the woods and have to sleep in that abandoned van had me in stitches 

Mrs goes on holiday next week, I'm taking the opportunity to get my teeth into this.

On 18/08/2018 at 08:53, FIF said:

I always worry about people who can quote large pieces of (fictional) TV programme.

I don't think we'd get on.

I can probably quote the majority of The Office, I'm Alan Partridge, Phoenix Nights and The Thick of It.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Simi said:

I don't think we'd get on.

I can probably quote the majority of The Office, I'm Alan Partridge, Phoenix Nights and The Thick of It.

:D

If you got on with me you'd be the exception and that would probably mean there's something odd about you.

As for memorising. I remember people, faces and generalities exceptionally well but make a point of not filling my memory with uselessness. I often can't remember what my wife said to me 5 minutes ago.

1 hour ago, FIF said:

:D

If you got on with me you'd be the exception and that would probably mean there's something odd about you.

As for memorising. I remember people, faces and generalities exceptionally well but make a point of not filling my memory with uselessness. I often can't remember what my wife said to me 5 minutes ago.

That's called 'being a bloke' @FIF

Happens to us all mate :thumbup:

Started watching The Sinner last night. Bit too early to say if I'm going to like if but first impressions are Jessica Biel is absolutely brilliant. 

I gotta be honest, I've always just seen her as a crap b movie actress but this could well be a reinventing of a career on a McConaughey level.

9 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Started watching The Sinner last night. Bit too early to say if I'm going to like if but first impressions are Jessica Biel is absolutely brilliant. 

I gotta be honest, I've always just seen her as a crap b movie actress but this could well be a reinventing of a career on a McConaughey level.

Its a good series. Me and the wife enjoyed it. 2nd season is out soon.

I've started watching 13 Reasons Why, a bit weird but i've heard good things about it so will stick with it.

Also waiting for Power, didn't realise it was a mid season break on Netflix (even though its not mid season :dunno:). Getting through Attack on Titan as well.

Hate waiting for episodes lol