Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

On 04/10/2019 at 20:20, Suzie the Fox said:

Came across Carnival Row today, a 8 episode season released on Amazon Prime earlier this year. Thought i'd give it a bash as its highly rated on IMDB and stars Orlando Bloom:wub:

Watched a couple of episodes and am hooked. 

Trailer

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0489974/videoplayer/vi407747609?ref_=tt_ov_vi

Defo recommend for a weekend binge 8/10

Actually really enjoyed this. It's like that Bright film without sucking absolute balls. Cheers for the suggestion. :thumbup:

• Like 2

Just started on Sunderland til’ I Die

Only on episode 3 but really enjoying it. 

I find I can relate to their story and fans more than if this was about Chelsea, Man U or Liverpool. In fact I know I wouldn’t watch it if it was one of those clubs for instance. 

I obviously know know what happened to Sunderland in 17/18 so I guess it makes for very interesting future episodes. 

47 minutes ago, Mickey O'Neil said:

Just started on Sunderland til’ I Die

Only on episode 3 but really enjoying it. 

I find I can relate to their story and fans more than if this was about Chelsea, Man U or Liverpool. In fact I know I wouldn’t watch it if it was one of those clubs for instance. 

I obviously know know what happened to Sunderland in 17/18 so I guess it makes for very interesting future episodes. 

I thought it was great. I've been thinking about rewatching it.

My favourite moment was McGeady talking about Chris Coleman's managerial "style" lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spacemunky said:

I thought it was great. I've been thinking about rewatching it.

My favourite moment was McGeady talking about Chris Coleman's managerial "style" lol

Currently on episode 5! 

It’s very good. 

It’s good to see inside a normal club where players mess you about in transfer windows (Chris Martin), players not wanting to be there (Lewis Grabban) injuries on an already thin squad etc.

Who's idea was it to go with selling James Vaughan and sending Grabban back to Bournemouth (which I agreed with), and leaving no senior strikers at the club though? 

You can can see how clubs get into a mess quite quickly. 

It’s very interesting if anyone is thinking about watching it. 

*edit

Jack Rodwell - wow!!! What a bell end. This is what is wrong with football. 

Edited by Mickey O'Neil

Whilst I think it jumped the shark years ago, just rewatched the Good Times With Weapons episode of South Park and forgot how funny it was. Probably one of the best animated episodes of anything ever. 

The moment Butters gets hit in the eye is just genius comedy timing and Cartman going invisible on stage lollol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just started watching Friday Night Dinner

Paul Ritter/Rutter is excellent, as are the other three main characters (plus Jim)

The first episode, I thought “okay, I’ll go with this”. 

Now on episode 5 and absolutely loving it. 

Edited by Mickey O'Neil
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Mickey O'Neil said:

Paul Ritter/Rutter is excellent, as are the other three main characters (plus Jim)

Absolution hilarious in parts. 

10 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Whilst I think it jumped the shark years ago, just rewatched the Good Times With Weapons episode of South Park and forgot how funny it was. Probably one of the best animated episodes of anything ever. 

The moment Butters gets hit in the eye is just genius comedy timing and Cartman going invisible on stage lollol

lol Amazing episode. 

I actually think the last 4-5 series of South Park have been the best ever, turning Garrison into Trump with Caitlin Jenner as his running mate were outrageous - they have managed to satire the alt-right and the woke left perfectly. 

The opening couple this season have been terrific away, the jokes you can get away with in animation give you so much more scope. 

Yeah the smartest thing Trey and Matt ever did was realise that they had unlimited source material if they diverted away from purely fart gags and made it a current affairs shows. It gave them near endless material. 

I did enjoy it for quite a long time after that. I still just started to feel some of the actual laughs were quite forced. 

The BP oil spil episode stands out quite a lot as one that started to put me off, not because I objected to them mocking BP (definitely fine with that) but because the forced, repetitive Sorry gag throughout was just boring. 

It was like something out of Family Guy. 

I probably did stop watching it far too soon and now it's on Netflix I'll probably watch some of the more recent ones. 

10 hours ago, Mickey O'Neil said:

SHIT ON IT

• Haha 1

Just caught up with Breaking Bad (I know, been around for ages). Now watching the spin off, "Better call Saul". Saul being the dodgy lawyer, as I'm sure you know. It's a kind of prequel to his life before his involvement with Walter white. I can recommend it if you haven't seen it already. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

@MattP

OK man yeah, fair enough. 

I just started watching the Washington Redskins episode and I'm about in tears lollol

Cartmans NFL / Catholic Church rant just about killed me. 

The Giant Douche/Turd Sandwich is genuinely timeless satire. I can’t imagine there ever being an election where that isn’t in mind.

54 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

@MattP

OK man yeah, fair enough. 

I just started watching the Washington Redskins episode and I'm about in tears lollol

Cartmans NFL / Catholic Church rant just about killed me. 

Buckle up Buckaroo!! 😂😂

With the dispute with the Chinese government it could get to new levels this season. 

23 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Yeah ngl the **** China episode is one of the main reasons I want to catch up. 

Watch the opener, the "we gotta get this Jew outta here, otherwise they are gonna call us racist" is one of the best lines I've heard for years.

3 hours ago, Parafox said:

Just caught up with Breaking Bad (I know, been around for ages). Now watching the spin off, "Better call Saul". Saul being the dodgy lawyer, as I'm sure you know. It's a kind of prequel to his life before his involvement with Walter white. I can recommend it if you haven't seen it already. 

I’ve only seen Breaking Bad for the very first time these last two weeks. I’ve just crammed all 5 seasons. 

I really enjoyed it but also glad it ended when and how it did. 

I’m going to watch Better Call Saul but I’m going to watch El Camino first. It looks like it starts where BB finished. Pretty sure I saw it’s a movie too, not a series. I think it’d make sense to watch a movie then a series  (for me at least).