Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

3 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Watching Top Boy because of the hype on here. 

It's basically a London Gomorrah, even the music reminds me a lot of Mokadelic's Gomorrah soundtrack. A lot in fact. 

Good show. 

If anyone's enjoyed Top Boy but hasn't seen Gomorrah, I'd really recommend it. 

Isn’t it all in Italian though? I struggle with subtitles as I have the attention span of a goldfish on coke 

9 hours ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Yeah, i kinda hope they leave it there now tbh lol

Not with that ending, surely not? 

Best bit was Alfie coming back. And Arthur unleashing again. Don't think it was that bad a series but it could have been better! 

9 hours ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Aberama Gold deserved better than that ffs....who's the grass then? Surely its too obvious to be anybody they have bigged it up to be in the last few episodes.

I think it's Billy. 

Mosley looked like he was shagging Gina so wonder if she and/or Michael had a say in it. Tommy's thoughts of Michael betraying him in the earlier episodes come to mind. 

57 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Best bit was Alfie coming back. And Arthur unleashing again. Don't think it was that bad a series but it could have been better! 

I think it's Billy. 

Mosley looked like he was shagging Gina so wonder if she and/or Michael had a say in it. Tommy's thoughts of Michael betraying him in the earlier episodes come to mind. 

10 hours ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

It's clearly that Billy fella, I assumed it was a coup from Michael tbh

Could be right but I think that play's out as a bit of a cop out and far to obvious especially as they shown him reaching for the phone, also Finn only told him about a shooting, so how would he have known where Aberama would have been?

Looking likely that Gina is a Mosley informant of some kind but am still hoping they go all out and make it somebody really close to Tommy that has been playing him all this time like Lizzie or Ada.

Not the best season but still plenty of questions to be answered and again some of the scenes shot were absolutely stunning and the music throughout is always on point.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Could be right but I think that play's out as a bit of a cop out and far to obvious especially as they shown him reaching for the phone, also Finn only told him about a shooting, so how would he have known where Aberama would have been?

Looking likely that Gina is a Mosley informant of some kind but am still hoping they go all out and make it somebody really close to Tommy that has been playing him all this time like Lizzie or Ada.

Not the best season but still plenty of questions to be answered and again some of the scenes shot were absolutely stunning and the music throughout is always on point.

Easy to know where Aberama would be considering all the main players would have been at the rally. 

Finn probably tells Billy a lot of stuff. 'we're shooting a fascist' is quite obvious to know especially as it was the big thing happening in town. 

Surely can't be Ada?! There's no way she betrays the family like that even though she's going through shit losing Younger. 

I agree about the drama of some scenes and the cinematography of it all. Very well done in that respect especially some of the scenes earlier in season. 

I quite liked Unbelievable. I wasn't massively keen on it from watching the first episode as it kind of gave you this impression it's going to be a pretty boring drama about a teenager coping with being raped. Which is fine but was a little slow for me. It got much better once it turned into a detective drama. 

5 hours ago, StanSP said:

Even with that ending, I wouldn't mind it ending there or with a crimbo special to wrap it up, think the show is too popular now for it's own good and is only going to keep deeping in quality. Like, there's bits I liked about this season, I quite like the heroin aesthetic but ultimately a bit of a dud this

Billy is surely too obvious, in some way or shape it has to be Michael who has done the dirty, possibly even with the help of Polly. 

I enjoyed the series but it has gone a bit ridiculous, Arthur has become a parody of his own character and raising Alfie Solomons from the dead was laughable to be honest given his ending. Let alone no one in gangland apart from Tommy Shelby knowing about it.

36 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Watched the 1st episode of American Horror Show season 9, really enjoyed it (proper scary though) alot of potential.

This season is based around 80's slasher horror movies.

One genre I just can’t get into, I just don’t like being scared, my daughters have watched the whole lot but I avoid it at all costs. 😧 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

One genre I just can’t get into, I just don’t like being scared, my daughters have watched the whole lot but I avoid it at all costs. 😧 

I love a good horror but they dont make them like they did when i was growing up in the 80's. Evil Dead, Halloween, Texas Chain Saw massacre ive watched them all many many times. I mean i dont like being scared but i guess i do as its an emotion and i like a movie that brings emotions, laughing, crying and also being scared. 

Weird i guess 

• Like 1

Had the house to myself, so smashed Unbelievable in one go.  I thought it was ok but nowt special.  Would have made a decent documentary but didn't feel it was worth a full series.

It may have had something to do with Toni Collette.  I thought Muriel's Wedding was fantastic & she's great in it, but everything I've ever seen her in since she's been crap.  It just feels like she overacts or can't act.

41 minutes ago, pSinatra said:

Had the house to myself, so smashed Unbelievable in one go.  I thought it was ok but nowt special.  Would have made a decent documentary but didn't feel it was worth a full series.

It may have had something to do with Toni Collette.  I thought Muriel's Wedding was fantastic & she's great in it, but everything I've ever seen her in since she's been crap.  It just feels like she overacts or can't act.

I thought the last 2 episodes dragged a bit but overall I liked it.  8 /10

Edited by Soup