Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

On 29/09/2019 at 01:51, Stadt said:

Finally watched S1 of the Sopranos. I know you’re supposed to hate most of the characters but it doesn’t mean I hate them any less 

Just finished S4, it’s brilliant.

There are several characters that I don’t like, but arguably the biggest bastards that are my favourites. 

41 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Just finished S4, it’s brilliant.

There are several characters that I don’t like, but arguably the biggest bastards that are my favourites. 

I've watched it in fits and starts but it was only the last couple of eps that I sort of noticed Silvio, how can you you just not notice a character lmao?

Edited by Stadt

On 30/09/2019 at 18:26, MC Prussian said:

Well, yeah. SJW activists will find racism in anything.

Nothing to do with "Spitting Image" using caricatures of people in general - stopping with no one, attacking the whole political spectrum. They have used large lips and mouths on a variety of characters before, including the Queen...

EFnThbQXUAAf-ph.jpg

It's meant to be offensive on the surface, facial features exaggerated on purpose to be more easily identifiable, but simply treats current topics as satire. It's satire, FFS! lol

But that's probably too much for a guy like Mr. Carter who did not grow up with the original format.

Oh, and if Mr. Andrew J. Carter (very fond of his middle name it seems - hints of narcissism?) only realized that he's operating on Twitter and a Social Media platform, he wouldn't be surprised that anything can be found quickly by means of searching or retweeting.

And he brandishes everyone with a more or less valid argument as a "racist". I guess when you have no more arguments...

(But I'm digressing again)

Looking forward to the new Spitting Image. If it's as good as the original, it'll be an instant hit.

Because in times like these, we need satire dearly.

Macca 🤣🤣🤣🤣

3 hours ago, sommerray said:

Anyone here watched Money heist? How is it?

I thought it was ****ing brilliant. When I watched the first half of series 1 on Netflix I immediately looked for the second part online to keep watching it. Series 2 is great too. Also, in my opinion it is so much better to watch it in Spanish with subtitles than dubbed.

Top Boy. Didn't think i'd get into it but it has been really gripping stuff. The two little lads are great in it and you can see how people get trapped in that roadman lifestyle. Well worth a watch even if it doesn't look like your kind of tv. 

5 hours ago, Facecloth said:

The Capture is starting to unravel now. I've enjoyed it. Famke Janssen still needs to make an appearance, and with just one episode remaining, it's sure to be a big part.

Her face does my head in, genuinely hate it

Just now, Ian W LCFC said:

This last series of Power has been pretty good, it's annoying to have to wait a week for each episode though!

I know right, all kicking off now and I cant wait a week.

Im just glad they returned to the original intro song. 

Came across Carnival Row today, a 8 episode season released on Amazon Prime earlier this year. Thought i'd give it a bash as its highly rated on IMDB and stars Orlando Bloom:wub:

Watched a couple of episodes and am hooked. 

Trailer

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0489974/videoplayer/vi407747609?ref_=tt_ov_vi

Defo recommend for a weekend binge 8/10

On 02/10/2019 at 06:09, sommerray said:

Anyone here watched Money heist? How is it?

I've seen the first 2 seasons. It's bloody brilliant, first season had me gripped through it all. It's incredibly well written and made. Bits of season 2 are slow but still great. 

Just now, Innovindil said:

So excited for this it's unreal. Have to give it to amazon for having the balls to try it, it's one thing making klingons look weird like netflix did, it's another to try and bring back some trek favourites after so long!

Just now, Innovindil said:

So excited for this it's unreal. Have to give it to amazon for having the balls to try it, it's one thing making klingons look weird like netflix did, it's another to try and bring back some trek favourites after so long!

I agree, the anticipation for this one is very high.  I still think Discovery gets criticism it doesn't deserve though, the second series was superb (and I still hugely enjoyed the first as well).  Hopefully they will do a Captain Pike spin off as well because Anson Mount was exceptional as was the guy who did Spock.  

3 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Jan 24th!!!

:thumbup:

2 hours ago, Innovindil said:

2 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

I agree, the anticipation for this one is very high.  I still think Discovery gets criticism it doesn't deserve though, the second series was superb (and I still hugely enjoyed the first as well).  Hopefully they will do a Captain Pike spin off as well because Anson Mount was exceptional as was the guy who did Spock.  

Discovery got slightly better in Season Two, still - to those of us that grew up with TNG, it all went downhill with Voyager (to some extent), and definitely with Star Trek: Enterprise.

Not too happy with the current focus on shrill action, some awful camera work, violence, death, cheap dialogue in Discovery, rewriting the canon (Klingons that look awful and so much different) and SFX, instead of exploration, riddles and the attempt at co-existence. To me, characters in TNG and Deep Space Nine were just much more fleshed out and likeable. Discovery's lead is an all-powerful woman with more male than female attributes. It's gotten too political.

I'm a bit wary that Picard could go in a similar direction. But as a sucker for TNG, based on the current trailer, it's great to have Stewart, Frakes, Sirtis, Spiner and Jeri Ryan back. It'll be a sad day when Stewart is gone forever, so I'll just cherish whatever chance I've got to see him on screen. Age hasn't been overly kind to some of them, though (Spiner's Data looks so bloated).

There's already a theory about who that girl dressed in black is...