Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

7 hours ago, Soup said:

I know a few have said Season 2 is a drag but in all honesty It could be my favourite. I've watched it 3 or 4 times now and although it does take a while to get going it's excellent imo. Being set down on the docks gives the season a stand alone feel to the other ones. The final 2 episodes for me are the best of any season.

Of course this is just my opinion and if it turns out your not a fan of season 2 it will not spoil what is the best peice of TV I've ever seen.

Not the first fanatic of the wire I've come upon today. Where can I watch it all. 

12 hours ago, marbles said:

Been watching Suits - just finished the 5th season, and Ive come to the realization that all the main characters are scum

I only got through 3 seasons.. just seemed to be a never ending circle of scumbags backstabbing each other

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Really want to watch The Wire but put off by people saying how shit a couple of the seasons are.

The Night Manager was excellent, binged it in just over a day.

Who on earth has told you any season of the Wire is shit!? 

One of the main story arcs of season five is a bit out there, its not as grounded in gritty reality as the rest of the show and it definitely is the worst season but being the worst season of the Wire is like being the worst player in Pep Guardiola's Barcelona side. You're still world class. 

Give it a go. The first season is the slowest burning so if you enjoy that, you'll enjoy all of it. It's commonly regarded by the vast majority of people that have seen it as either the best or one of the best shows of all time. 

• Like 2

Introduced my daughter to Jonathan Creek last week. She loves shows with twists in or 'whodunnit'. So i remembered JC from when i watched it as a kid. Thing is i've remembered how the episodes go so each one we watch i'm enjoying seeing her squirm trying to figure it out lol 

Still enjoyable re watching them again

6 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Who on earth has told you any season of the Wire is shit!? 

One of the main story arcs of season five is a bit out there, its not as grounded in gritty reality as the rest of the show and it definitely is the worst season but being the worst season of the Wire is like being the worst player in Pep Guardiola's Barcelona side. You're still world class. 

Give it a go. The first season is the slowest burning so if you enjoy that, you'll enjoy all of it. It's commonly regarded by the vast majority of people that have seen it as either the best or one of the best shows of all time. 

Loads of people on here have said some of it is shit but the rest is outstanding. I’ve watched the first episode twice over the last few years, I get anxiety seeing how many episodes there are.

Will definitely start it shortly.

13 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

Introduced my daughter to Jonathan Creek last week. She loves shows with twists in or 'whodunnit'. So i remembered JC from when i watched it as a kid. Thing is i've remembered how the episodes go so each one we watch i'm enjoying seeing her squirm trying to figure it out lol 

Still enjoyable re watching them again

Got a bit ridiculous towards the end. I remember an episode where a daughter found her father had accidentally cut his own head off with a chainsaw, so she rearranged his head and body to convince her mother that God exists.  lol

37 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Got a bit ridiculous towards the end. I remember an episode where a daughter found her father had accidentally cut his own head off with a chainsaw, so she rearranged his head and body to convince her mother that God exists.  lol

Sounds like a realistic thing for a religious person to do to convince themselves and others lol 

1 hour ago, Webbo said:

Don't remember that episode lol 

A quick look on wiki and i cant see anything resembling the above. You sure its Jonathan Creek?

Edited by kingcarr21

2 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Loads of people on here have said some of it is shit but the rest is outstanding. I’ve watched the first episode twice over the last few years, I get anxiety seeing how many episodes there are.

Will definitely start it shortly.

If you want something shorter, HBO have loads of good shows. 

Three of my favourite ever TV shows are highly under rated HBO shows that are criminally lacking in attention. 

Generation Kill is a seven part mini series following one of the first platoons in to the second gulf war. Its a Band of Brothers sort of thing, highly focused on the people more than the action. It's based on the memoirs of a journalist who was riding in one of their humvees and even has one of the marines playing himself. 

The Newsroom is a drama about TV news studio who get fed up of the partisan hyperbole and opinion pieces on all major news networks and commit to doing the news "properly." It's a bit preachy in places and it's also unusual in that it's sort of 50% serious, realistic political drama and 50% almost soapy, easy watching, human drama like something like House, Suits or Scrubs. I know that doesn't sound like a ringing endorsement but it just works. It's 25 episodes and it's extremely, extremely relevant atm with everything that's going on in America. 

The Leftovers is probably my favourite show of all time, it's absolutely sensational. It's the story of human society after 2% of the population globally just spontaneously vanish. Its not some high concept Sci fi about investigating where they went or anything it's just the story of the people left behind. It's a really clever exploration of people and faith. Some absolutely amazing performances. That's 28 episodes. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

If you want something shorter, HBO have loads of good shows. 

Three of my favourite ever TV shows are highly under rated HBO shows that are criminally lacking in attention. 

Generation Kill is a seven part mini series following one of the first platoons in to the second gulf war. Its a Band of Brothers sort of thing, highly focused on the people more than the action. It's based on the memoirs of a journalist who was riding in one of their humvees and even has one of the marines playing himself. 

The Newsroom is a drama about TV news studio who get fed up of the partisan hyperbole and opinion pieces on all major news networks and commit to doing the news "properly." It's a bit preachy in places and it's also unusual in that it's sort of 50% serious, realistic political drama and 50% almost soapy, easy watching, human drama like something like House, Suits or Scrubs. I know that doesn't sound like a ringing endorsement but it just works. It's 25 episodes and it's extremely, extremely relevant atm with everything that's going on in America. 

The Leftovers is probably my favourite show of all time, it's absolutely sensational. It's the story of human society after 2% of the population globally just spontaneously vanish. Its not some high concept Sci fi about investigating where they went or anything it's just the story of the people left behind. It's a really clever exploration of people and faith. Some absolutely amazing performances. That's 28 episodes. 

Cheers mate, I’ve heard good things about The Leftovers.

3 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

Don't remember that episode lol 

A quick look on wiki and i cant see anything resembling the above. You sure its Jonathan Creek?

IIrc Rik Mayall was the corpse. 

Actually it might have been Nigel Planer. 

Edited by Webbo