Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

One thing I have learnt about starting a new series especially in the modern consumerism times that we all live in-  it is worthwhile checking ahead whether if the series has not been cancelled halfway.    I was about to start a new series but luckily found out that it did not get go ahead for second season so swerved that one.  

I suggest checking IMDB if you're unsure about whether it's worth paying for, or even watching, a film on any platform. I just watched "The Mountain Between Us". Got 4.5 stars on Netflix. Utter shite. I looked on IMDB and pretty much that's what the public reviews said. Over 2 hours of my life wasted. I'd rather have watched "Debbie Does Dallas"... again. :ph34r:

Edited by Parafox

52 minutes ago, The Blur said:

One thing I have learnt about starting a new series especially in the modern consumerism times that we all live in-  it is worthwhile checking ahead whether if the series has not been cancelled halfway.    I was about to start a new series but luckily found out that it did not get go ahead for second season so swerved that one.  

It's not always a bad thing if that single season is good enough, as you can binge it and move on to something else within a weekend. 

I'm particularly thinking of Cameron Crowe's Roadies on Amazon Prime, which as an Almost Famous fan was very enjoyable. 

3 hours ago, Babylon said:

Gave me that 8 year old child vibes again like the end to Rogue One.

Mandalorian & Rogue One certainly making up for the crap sequel trilogy films in the Disney-era.

Great last episode of the Mandalorian + the post credit scene introducing a new show. Surprised they brought back 'you know who', looked the part I thought without the CGI

• Like 1

Sky Documentaries - Howards Way. The story of Howard Kendall's reign as Everton manager in the mid 80's. 

Quite possibly the best football documentary I've ever seen and a real nostalgia trip. A great team and some proper characters. Such a shame Heysel deprived them of European Cup success.

Highly recommended if you remember that era.

15 hours ago, The Blur said:

Yep watched and enjoyed both The OA & The Society before realising they have been cancelled.

The Mandalorian. One of the best shows I've ever seen, the last 3 or 4 episodes of season 2 were absolutely astonishing. 10/10

Raised By Wolves. New Sci Fi show by Ridley Scott, it was a lot like Prometheus meets blade runner, lost its way a bit the last 2 episodes or so but overall I enjoyed it a lot. 8/10

Curb Your Enthusiasm. Rewatching these again at the minute, must be one of the funniest shows there's ever been, Larry David is just too much. 10/10

Ravens Banquet. Few guys from Always Sunny made it, about a video game development studio. Really good, especially the quarantine episode. 8/10

I don't tend to watch any TV that's worse than a 7/10 in my book because unlike films they just go on too long and it's easier to drop one after a few duff episodes. 

15 hours ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Raised By Wolves. New Sci Fi show by Ridley Scott, it was a lot like Prometheus meets blade runner, lost its way a bit the last 2 episodes or so but overall I enjoyed it a lot. 8/10

First five or six episodes were great, it got a bit Weid For Weirds Sakes after that. 

I'd give it more 7/10. Did enjoy it. Thought Mother and Father in particular were really good performances. 

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

First five or six episodes were great, it got a bit Weid For Weirds Sakes after that. 

I'd give it more 7/10. Did enjoy it. Thought Mother and Father in particular were really good performances. 

Agreed. The lad who paid Campion really irritated me, my one real peeve with it. Only lost me right towards the end, hopefully can start strong next season as the premise is great. 

1 hour ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Agreed. The lad who paid Campion really irritated me, my one real peeve with it. Only lost me right towards the end, hopefully can start strong next season as the premise is great. 

I couldn't work out if the kid annoyed me specifically or if you were just supposed to dislike the character. I came to conclude probably both. He's a spoilt, jealous little shit. 

My least favourite part was

how poorly paced the cliche decent in to madness was of Magnus/Caleb and then eventually Paul. They've obviously been seduced by the same strange psychic force that Mother has (it doesn't make sense that her creator somehow hacked a patch in to the Sol worshipers space ship, somehow knowing she'd wind up in that pod?) and its made them insane but its just how quickly and predictably it came on felt lazy. Especially with Magnus.

And then I binged on Tin Star Liverpool ...   thought it would be crap but actually enjoyed it ...  lots of holes in the ‘plot’ and very slightly unbelievable ..  :) ...  but kept you watching and Tim Roth is superb ...   worth a go. 

Oh ...   and if you like a bit of violence ..  you’ll be in for a real treat !