Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

8 hours ago, Stadt said:

Started watching The Wire. HBO knocked it out the park in the 2000s 

Best show I've ever watched. Sad when it finished and feel like I wanna watch it again and again. It's not slick, edgy or any of that other bullshit that shows are now. It's so well written it doesn't need to be.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Soup said:

Best show I've ever watched. Sad when it finished and feel like I wanna watch it again and again. It's not slick, edgy or any of that other bullshit that shows are now. It's so well written it doesn't need to be.

I’ve been rewatching in lockdown. The writing is superb and the more I read into the background of it is really interesting. 

A lot say it’s dated. Slightly the case for the first series. Second series is a drag but Series 3 & 4 are utter perfection 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Soup said:

I watched The Sopranos last year and it'll take a while to get through The Wire. Whatever I watch after those two will be a step down and a half

• Like 3

About teatime ..  you remember that time when you were young and your mum would serve up the fish fingers and chips   ..  which now corresponds with my crack open a bottle time ..  there is this programme on called Expedition with Steve Backshall  ...   he’s kayaking round Greenland at the mo but yesterday was in a jungle and found some cave drawings that were 40,000 years old ...  yes 40,000 !!! ..  fascinating stuff ! ...  :thumbup:

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Really want to watch The Wire but put off by people saying how shit a couple of the seasons are.

I’d really encourage you to watch it all anyway mate.

The ‘shit’ couple of seasons are still excellent in comparison to other stuff on TV.
The problem is they set the bar so high to begin with.
The Wire is still the second best series I’ve ever watched.

• Like 2

Things I've watched recently on Netflix.

Spy with Baron Sacha Cohen 7/10. True story, Well written, shame about some of the acting.

Destroyer with Nicole Kidman 8/10 Kidman is brilliant in this just wish we'd seen more of the brilliant Toby Kebbell 

Hold the Dark 8/10 Some of the scenes in this are bloody churning. 

Falling Down 10/10 First watched this movie over 25 years ago and thought it average at best but after watching it again for me it's a masterpiece.

The Devil's Own. 8/10 Another film that's gotten better with age.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Head Honcho said:

Things I've watched recently on Netflix.

Spy with Baron Sacha Cohen 7/10. True story, Well written, shame about some of the acting.

Destroyer with Nicole Kidman 8/10 Kidman is brilliant in this just wish we'd seen more of the brilliant Toby Kebbell 

Hold the Dark 8/10 Some of the scenes in this are bloody churning. 

Falling Down 10/10 First watched this movie over 25 years ago and thought it average at best but after watching it again for me it's a masterpiece.

The Devil's Own. 8/10 Another film that's gotten better with age.

Falling Down is one of my all time favourite films, I've watched it countless times and it never gets old for me 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Really want to watch The Wire but put off by people saying how shit a couple of the seasons are.

The Night Manager was excellent, binged it in just over a day.

I know a few have said Season 2 is a drag but in all honesty It could be my favourite. I've watched it 3 or 4 times now and although it does take a while to get going it's excellent imo. Being set down on the docks gives the season a stand alone feel to the other ones. The final 2 episodes for me are the best of any season.

Of course this is just my opinion and if it turns out your not a fan of season 2 it will not spoil what is the best peice of TV I've ever seen.

Edited by Soup
  • Like 3