Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Golf

Some of the Majors recently have been an incredible watch, that final round is certainly up there in terms of drama.

Not a big fan of Spieth but you just have to appreciate great golf, looked like a headcase especially on the front nine, then produces absolutely magic from the 14th onwards, fair play, absolute quality :appl:

• Like 1

Guest FriendlyRam

No player more mentally tougher imo

Theres no way any of our lot recover from the tee shot to make bogey never mind do what he did on 14, 15, 16 and 17,, that balls of steel to get out with bogey,, he actually fought back at the masters aswell, but missed a 8 footer (i think) on 17 to get willets ar** twitching lol.

The lad has balls de acer,, not has naturally gifted as rory but id sooner have spieth in the trenches with me.

Edited by FriendlyRam

Unbelievable from Spieth. There's a few questions to be had about how that went down on 13, I'm astounded the driving range wasn't out of bounds and I guarantee you next year it will be. But he made the officials tell him what he could or couldn't do and milked it. But to do what he then did was exceptional. The man is a freak of nature, mentally as close to Woods I reckon in his pomp. I think he'll win at least 10 majors.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Unbelievable from Spieth. There's a few questions to be had about how that went down on 13, I'm astounded the driving range wasn't out of bounds and I guarantee you next year it will be. But he made the officials tell him what he could or couldn't do and milked it. But to do what he then did was exceptional. The man is a freak of nature, mentally as close to Woods I reckon in his pomp. I think he'll win at least 10 majors.

Missed it all.

Was it as good as this?

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

To be fair, after seeing Dustin Johnson penalised in the final round of a major and that girl reported by a TV viewer, can you blame him?

It's the Claret Jug.

I was hoping for a play off, bit more drama!

• 2 weeks later...

Interested to see how McIlroy goes this week and next, going back to two courses that if you could pick Rory courses, it would be these two. Particularly interested after he's chucked his caddy out. 

I really fancy Koepka to do well over the next two weeks, I really feel he could bag another major. He's good enough to be number one in the world and could put himself into the category of DJ, Day, Spieth etc with a good few weeks. 

Don't usually nibble at non-majors but I've had a go at Justin Thomas this week, 40/1 is a huge price for him. He's not been firing recently but it is a course that should suit. 

8 hours ago, spacemunky said:

Nice 2nd place finish for Jodi at the Women's Open today.

I don't really pay much attention to Women's golf but got to say I was very impressed with the overall standard at their Open.

Shame about the crowds (or lack off) over the four days though. I know the weather was pretty shite and Kingsbarns is a bit remote, but at times there was only one man and his dog watching some groups.

Didn't really have much of a 'major' feel to me..

3 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

I don't really pay much attention to Women's golf but got to say I was very impressed with the overall standard at their Open.

Shame about the crowds (or lack off) over the four days though. I know the weather was pretty shite and Kingsbarns is a bit remote, but at times there was only one man and his dog watching some groups.

Didn't really have much of a 'major' feel to me..

I follow ladies golf a fair bit due to gambling (obviously) and the standard is very good, certainly on the LPGA Tour. Ciganda the Spanish bird often goes well at big odds, she seems to turn up in the biggest events. Keep an eye out.

USPGA then this week, not my favourite event by a long way but it's a Major and i'll be going gung ho.

McIlroy absolutely loves it here and the weather is going to make the course very soft, which means he'll be right amongst it. 8/1 is no odds but he is hitting form and I won a free £50 bet last week on twitter, I'm waiting for it to clear in my account and it's either Rory on the nose at 8s or Justin Thomas £25 e/w at 50/1. Thomas will turn up in a major in the next year or two and usually it's this event that's less pressure than the other 3. I thought he'd go well last week but was a quiet week for him, not in too bad form though overall so I'm leaning towards the value of him over McIlroy.

My longer shots for the week are Finau and Cantlay 10 places with Coral at 100/1 and 150/1 respectively. Danny Lee has some decent course form here and James Hahn won here last year in the yearly event (Wells Fargo) I also like Robert Streb, Brian Harman and a real biggie who let me down at Birkdale but is vastly talented is Cameron Smith, the young Aussie. I'll throw £20 in the betfair exchange account and have £3-4 win only on some of the above with the view to lay off and try and make a return.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Milo said:

Has anyone ever suggested a FoxesTalk golf day, or does such a thing already exist?

4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I'd be well up for it too but I imagine it could be a bit of a ball ache for someone to organise all the logistics!

I hear @Mike Oxlong is pretty good at all that sort of stuff and I know he's also a keen golfer lol

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:
On 08/08/2017 at 08:45, Milo said:

Has anyone ever suggested a FoxesTalk golf day, or does such a thing already exist?

19 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I'd be well up for it too but I imagine it could be a bit of a ball ache for someone to organise all the logistics!

I hear @Mike Oxlong is pretty good at all that sort of stuff and I know he's also a keen golfer lol

We're not women, should be easy to co-ordinate diaries... :whistle:

How far are people willing to travel? Do we need a Southern chapter and a Midlands chapter?! And how good is everyone??? I've heard rumours of single handicappers... :o

And whens the sun coming back out?

So just need names, mutually agreeable dates, convenient venue and good weather and we're sorted

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Milo said:

We're not women, should be easy to co-ordinate diaries... :whistle:

How far are people willing to travel? Do we need a Southern chapter and a Midlands chapter?! And how good is everyone??? I've heard rumours of single handicappers... :o

And whens the sun coming back out?

So just need names, mutually agreeable dates, convenient venue and good weather and we're sorted

Midlands and somewhere in Surrey where you're from wouldn't be bad at all, some unreal courses. I used to live in Wimbledon (also home to a couple of pleasant courses) and the choice in Surrey was mesmerising.

I was briefly off 6 when I re-joined Hinckley 3 years ago after a long hiatus from my junior days when I was off around the same. However I crept back up to 7.4 before I had to hang up my membership at the end of 2015 due to the nipper coming along and me permanently being skint. Hoping to join once again next year and will be happy with anything around 9 but I know i'll be put back off 7.4 as they're very stringent.