Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jakemoore

Win the league or the Play-offs?

Obviously this is all just hypothetical fun now that our season is over. But I'm just interested to see what the majority think..

If I could guarantee you a very dramatic play off final win, like a last minute goal or an incredible come back would you take that or stick with our championship winning season?

the league. in the play offs you get one moment (maybe two if you get a dramatic semi final) of unbridled joy. 

think of how many days/scenes etc we've had over the course of winning the league this year. too many to even list. 

This shouldn't even be a question for anyone.  Being the best team in the division and winning the league trumps a play off victory every time.  Not to mention the fact that the club can start planning for next season so much earlier.

It's difficult to decide.

We were coasting to promotion for weeks this season which was really satisfying in itself but it's not like the full blown anarchy that comes from succeeding in a one game, win or lose situation.

My best ever Leicester City experience was last season when we took 6th spot. That was when I was happiest for sure. Can't imagine what winning the play off final would've been like that year...

102 points with a multitude of records broken is just about the best possible way to go up. As much as I'd have loved Tony K to have slotted away that penalty at Watford last year and to have gone on to beat Palace in the final, it wouldn't have been the same to have gone up with a Cardiff side that bested us by 19 points. 

We're the best team in this division by a street and the Premier League knows we're going to mean business, rather than just being one of the plucky winners of the play-offs a la Derby.

I can't say I'd mind Palace or Hull's seasons next year though.  :knockyhat:  :nigel:

Champions, then Play-Offs, then 2nd.

You could say Claridge '96 trumps winning the league but that's not a level comparison. Does it trump AGUERRROOOOOOOOOOOO?

I don't think so.

How is it not be a level comparison? It's a scenario that relates to the question.

Man City's triumph is the example that has little to do with it IMO.

How is it not be a level comparison? It's a scenario that relates to the question.

Man City's triumph is the example that has little to do with it IMO.

Because Claridge '96 is an example of winning the play-offs in the most dramatic fashion possible, so for it to be a level comparison you would have to consider an example of winning the league in the most dramatic fashion possible (ie Aguero). 

Of course Claridge '96 beats a campaign where we've known realistically we were going to win the league for well over a month beforehand.

Been lucky enough to see all of our play-off finals at Wembley and I can assure you, defeat there is heart breaking to say the least!

Didn't actually want this season to end, and I guess the only way it wouldn't of, was through the play-offs.

We've never won the Football League trophy so winning that is special. A day out at Wembley is always amazing, but I'd rather win a league.

Also agree that i'd rather take the play-offs over second.

The only final I haven't seen us in at Wembley is the Fa Cup and I would dearly love that to happen and win in my life time.

The whole point of winning the league indicates your the best team in the division! So for me it's winning the title, but the only downer of winning the league or finishing second is you miss out on the trip to wembley in play offs!

Archived