Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2014/15 Stuff it in here.

I'm convinced the likes of Scudamore would be in favour of players having to eat dog shit off each other if they thought it would sell well.

The amount of blatant non-football people in the game is truly depressing.

Swansea lose 2 more players, they could struggle this season.

Flores, Hernandez going to add to the departures of Michu, De Guzeman, Vorm, Davies, all of them started regularly last season, that is half the fist team gone with people sniffing around Bony and Ashley Williams.

Their signings aren't exactly great either, Emnes looked shit in the Championship, Sigurdsson could rediscover his pre Spurs form, Fabianski is average Gomis and Moreno could be good signings but no Prem experience a poor start could easily see them wonder what the fvck they are doing in Wales playing for Gary Monk.

Swansea lose 2 more players, they could struggle this season.

Flores, Hernandez going to add to the departures of Michu, De Guzeman, Vorm, Davies, all of them started regularly last season, that is half the fist team gone with people sniffing around Bony and Ashley Williams.

Their signings aren't exactly great either, Emnes looked shit in the Championship, Sigurdsson could rediscover his pre Spurs form, Fabianski is average Gomis and Moreno could be good signings but no Prem experience a poor start could easily see them wonder what the fvck they are doing in Wales playing for Gary Monk.

Swansea have gone abit under the radar because of Southampton but they have also lost loads of core first team players. Going to be a very difficult season. I can see Liverpool going in for Bony on deadline day

Stéphane Mbia, who won the Europa League last season with his then on-loan club Sevilla, is being courted by Arsenal.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/394283/EXCLUSIVE-Arsenal-weighing-up-surprise-move-for-free-agent-Stephane-Mbia

Personally, I wouldn't mind another CB at our club, so why not hijack that bid?

re Brazil - Thiago came back after the semi final and they still got destroyed, it was the fact they were missing their best defender and playing a rampant German side that caused them to be hammered, not the lack of a captains speech. A defensive organiser doesnt have to be a captain either.

Gerrard was on the pitch, I don't think his performance in that CL final would have been any less had he been wearing the armband or not. Are footballers that stupid they need a man in a armband to shout at them to get them fully motivated to perform at their best? To get up and fight? I really hope not. Though it wouldn't surprise me. People should want to do that anyway.

The only real 'captain' I can remember in any sport who seemed to get an extra 10% of out everyone else was Mike Brearly and he had all sorts of psychological qualifications to go with it, I don't think Rooney has that.

It's not about whether they're 'stupid' or not. I'll assume you've played competitive sport, Matt, and I know you watch it. It's psychology, and usually not related to conscious decisions. If you say what's the point in a captain you might as well say the manager has no effect in the changing room.

Heads drop, If they were the same age/ability i'd have Gerrard next to me over Messi any day of the week. They didn't manage it in the end but look at Gerrard's huddle after the Norwich game, that's what a captain should be.

It's not about whether they're 'stupid' or not. I'll assume you've played competitive sport, Matt, and I know you watch it. It's psychology, and usually not related to conscious decisions. If you say what's the point in a captain you might as well say the manager has no effect in the changing room.

Heads drop, If they were the same age/ability i'd have Gerrard next to me over Messi any day of the week. They didn't manage it in the end but look at Gerrard's huddle after the Norwich game, that's what a captain should be.

edit..oops.

As it's you posting a twitter rumour, I find it hard to believe. But if it's true, it's great news for us, another team who could easily be pulled into the relegation battle.

His odds have been cut since this morning. 

As it's you posting a twitter rumour, I find it hard to believe. But if it's true, it's great news for us, another team who could easily be pulled into the relegation battle.

Are they not already going to be in the relegation battle? I'm really not sure as to why so many pundits continue to ignore them when guessing who is going down... it's almost as if they have completely forgotten about them when predicting the league table. 'Yep, newcomers will struggle, those who finished 15th-17th will have a tough time again... not sure who will finish 11th, who we left with? Oh Palace? They'll do.'

Interesting if true, with him gone you could now put Palace back in the relegation fold. Is he been linked to any other job?

Are they not already going to be in the relegation battle? I'm really not sure as to why so many pundits continue to ignore them when guessing who is going down... it's almost as if they have completely forgotten about them when predicting the league table. 'Yep, newcomers will struggle, those who finished 15th-17th will have a tough time again... not sure who will finish 11th, who we left with? Oh Palace? They'll do.'

Tony Pulis doesn't do relegation.

Archived