Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2014/15 Stuff it in here.

I agree, I know he has his fans, me included, but in what has been a tough 10 years for us he has been a star of that. There are a fair few that wouldn't be fussed if he just left on a free now which I think is despicable. Definitely my favourite player outside the O'Neil era.

I hate the cliche that form is temporary, class is permanent but this guy has so much ability in and around the box and he's been the best finisher at the club for years. I really want him back to being that threat again and banging in 10-15 goals a season. 

I agree 100%. If he is given his chance this season, he has the ability to go down as one of the legends, alongside Muzzy and Lennon. A really class act who can make a real difference to the team.

The point I've tried to 'bang-on' about lol is don't be hypocritical. Let those without sin cast the first stone.

The forum has been full of Arry this, Arry that, QPR buying everyone, lots in, lots out etc etc etc.. And as I've tried to explain, WE'VE been he worst for it, if the graph is to be believed.

Delicious irony really.

:thumbup:

Maybe, just maybe, that's because this is a thread about Premier League teams, and QPR are one of them.

In terms of the graph, it measures 10 fooking years. On top of that, it doesn't include cost. Our highest transfer in that period was £5m for Mills, whilst QPR spent a fvck ton on god knows the last few years.

Honestly WHY are you so bothered about QPR??? Every time they're mentioned you have to butt in and start a five page argument about fook all. Yes, maybe people talk too much about them, but when you fight back like Redknapp and QPR's white knight EVERY TIME they're mentioned it just gets old.

All you are saying is true, but the fact is that they came back up at the first time of asking. And no-one would have given them a prayer at the end of January.

You don't know - because it's impossible to know - that they would have lost all the matches that they won when McLaren was in charge. You don't know what would have happened if Austin had not been injured - would they have been automatically promoted? In which case, what happened to the argument that football is a team game.

My point is that you, and most of the other nay-sayers, were wrong last season. Maybe you will be right this year. But playing in a league that includes Villa and West Brom gives QPR a fvcking good chance of survival. Of that we can surely all agree.

Their form under Redknapp for the entire season would not be enough, over 46 games, to get into the play-offs. There is no fairer way of judging a manager than over an entire season, and Redknapp and QPR weren't good enough - their blistering start under McClaren saved their faces from having enough egg to supply an omelette buffet for a month.

Possibly, but by that point their form was plummeting and they'd have slipped behind Burnley anyway. The point is that last season was a failure for them - they relied on Redknapp being ill just to get to the play-offs, and a get out of jail free card at wembley - given the squad they had, that was a clear failure.

Southampton closing in on signing Fraser Forster from Celtic for £10m:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/28715811

They've needed a really decent keeper since promotion. But since the sales I would have thought Boruc would have sufficed until they'd rebuilt their midfield and defence.

They've needed a really decent keeper since promotion. But since the sales I would have thought Boruc would have sufficed until they'd rebuilt their midfield and defence.

Is he that decent though? There is a reason he ended up in the SPL

Is he that decent though? There is a reason he ended up in the SPL

The likes of Henrik Larsson and Paul Gascoigne (and more recently / relevantly, Vincent Wanyama) have played in that league too, was there a reason they ended up there?

Good Lord, I know Scottish football isn't exactly at its peak right now but this "there's a reason he ended up at X" or "must be a reason he's not getting games at Y" way of thinking is childish at best, outright retarded at worst.

In Forster's case; sub at Newcastle or regular game time for huge, huge club (and I absolute deteste Celtic) where you'll bring your game on? No brainer.

But let's just assume poor quality leagues and absolutely everybody that passes through them is abject, that's much more conveinient.

The likes of Henrik Larsson and Paul Gascoigne (and more recently / relevantly, Vincent Wanyama) have played in that league too, was there a reason they ended up there?

Good Lord, I know Scottish football isn't exactly at its peak right now but this "there's a reason he ended up at X" or "must be a reason he's not getting games at Y" way of thinking is childish at best, outright retarded at worst.

In Forster's case; sub at Newcastle or regular game time for huge, huge club (and I absolute deteste Celtic) where you'll bring your game on? No brainer.

But let's just assume poor quality leagues and absolutely everybody that passes through them is abject, that's much more conveinient.

That's the kind of assumption that will get you a prime time punditry slot on sky sports.

FIL just got back from the liberty stadium, Swansea were losing 3-0 to Villareal when he left with a minute or 2 left to play.

Let's be honest these pre season friendliest mean nothing in regards to results but at least we have continued our winning mentality from last year!

Archived