Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content
davieG

Dyer departs to Watford

Recommended Posts

Posted

I can't hack these people moaning about Lloyd. For once a Footballer has put playing regularly ahead of sitting on the bench at a place where he'll pick up a higher wage.

 

Furthermore, he's a club icon. He came to us in 2008 when we were at our lowest point and he's left when we've accomplished what we always aimed to do. Mission complete in many ways. We've had some low points with Lloydy and he can be gut-wrenchingly frustrating but on his day he could be simply unplayable. The sight of him gliding effortlessly past hapless right-backs will live long in my memory as will his goals against Man City in the FA and League Cups, that goal at Blackpool in 09/10, the one this season at home to Bolton (season defining moment for me) and of course Real Madrid, how many people can say that?

 

Good luck Lloyd! 

Posted

I'd love to think he reads this thread. If so, Lloyd - best wishes to you for the next chapter. I always enjoyed watching us play that little bit more when you were on the pitch. Top professional. Speaks volumes for you as a person that you put your family's security and long-term future ahead of your own ego. Top man.

Posted

He obviously didn't fancy playing in a side at the bottom of the prem.

Much better in midtable Championship eh?

Posted

Good luck Lloydy. Great player and great memories.

Squaring up to Viera - possibly one of Lloyd's finest moments in a City shirt.

Posted

He obviously didn't fancy playing in a side at the bottom of the prem.

Much better to look great in a shit team like yours

Posted

 He obviously didn't fancy playing in a side at the bottom of the prem.

 

Ah, there you are. I've been looking for you; your dinner's getting cold.

Posted

I'd love to think he reads this thread. If so, Lloyd - best wishes to you for the next chapter. I always enjoyed watching us play that little bit more when you were on the pitch. Top professional. Speaks volumes for you as a person that you put your family's security and long-term future ahead of your own ego. Top man.

 

lol

 

In what way would staying with us another year been a move solely to boost his own ego? D'you not think a season in the top flight would feel like a deserved reward for someone that's remained a constant since League One? I think that people's main gripe is that he's worked his bollocks off with us and should've cracked another year, I think it lacks ambition - I'm sure his family will be secure enough with what he's already earned throughout his career and he doubtless would've had Championship clubs chasing him had it not worked out, be it in January or next summer.

 

Sure he could've been on the bench but he's always fought for his place and should've been looking forward to doing so again amongst the elite.

Posted

Gutted he's gone but went on a high and not sitting on the bench. Will miss the excitement around the ground whenever he got the ball with ten yards of space in front of him.

 

yeah i genuinely can't think of any other player in my time supporting us like lloyd. whenever he gets the ball, wherever he is on the pitch, whatever is in front of him and whoever we're against there is always 20k just shouting "gwooonnnnn!!!" expecting/hoping him to run 70 yards quicker than everyone else and score. a surreal sense of excitement every time he got the ball. 

Posted

 He obviously didn't fancy playing in a side at the bottom of the prem.

 

 

Ah, there you are. I've been looking for you; your dinner's getting cold.

 

What a pair of sad individuals. It is as though Watford define themselves only with respect to Leicester City. Please get a life. :rolleyes:

Posted

What a pair of sad individuals. It is as though Watford define themselves only with respect to Leicester City. Please get a life. :rolleyes:

whoooooosh on the second guys comment.

Guest Col city fan
Posted

I dont blame him one bit. Lloyd has the rest of his career to think of.

I would not be at all surprised if Lloyd has moved on primarily to get game time. He doesn't like sitting around on the bench and I guess this would happen if he stayed.

I wish him all the best and i'll remember him very favourably.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...