Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content
davieG

Dyer departs to Watford

Recommended Posts

Posted

Thanks Lloyd, I'll miss your weird 'shakey-leg-cut-inside-give-the-ball-to-their-centre-half' routine.

 

Seriously though, he's made a contribution to our success and I wish him well.

Posted

 He obviously didn't fancy playing in a side at the bottom of the prem.

It was only a matter of time before the real Watford fans would show up on here.

Thanks for the time and consideration and now good luck trolling somebody else's forum in the future. :thumbup:  I heard Luton are back in town in the League.

 

Good luck with Lloyd and treat him nicely - or else he'll tear you a new one. Twice.

 

And to you Lloyd, thanks for everything and I hope you'll manage to play for many more years to come, aiming for joy, fulfillment and... the net.  :D

Posted

Don't know the details of his departure so won't comment or judge him, however, like so many have already commented, whenever he received the ball out wide left, we felt something special could happen.

How many other players do that?

I wish him good luck and offer my thanks.

Posted

Really won't be the same without him. Some great memories. My favourite player of past few years. Guess I will have to find another now.

All the best Lloyd.

Posted

It's a shame because I still think he could do a job in the Premiership but at the end of the day signing a 3 year contract at Watford secures his future for himself and his family

Posted

Best of luck Lloyd, cult hero and loved it when he got the ball as you had no idea what he was going to do.

Posted

 He obviously didn't fancy playing in a side at the bottom of the prem.

 

Your highest Premier League finish.

Posted

Limited footballer, plenty of pace, little guile, barely any consistency, came on a free, wages weren't massive, you get what you pay for etc, quiet bloke, wasn't a moment's trouble for the staff, ended his LCFC career with the best season he had with us and scored the goal which won us the title.

 

Wouldn't have objected if he stayed but his first team opportunities would've been extremely limited, no surprise he's opted for the stability of a three year deal elsewhere. Not surprised there's some "hate" from certain quarters in our fanbase towards him but he doesn't deserve too much clog. I think of a lot worse who've drained our club in recent years.

Posted

lol

 

In what way would staying with us another year been a move solely to boost his own ego? D'you not think a season in the top flight would feel like a deserved reward for someone that's remained a constant since League One? I think that people's main gripe is that he's worked his bollocks off with us and should've cracked another year, I think it lacks ambition - I'm sure his family will be secure enough with what he's already earned throughout his career and he doubtless would've had Championship clubs chasing him had it not worked out, be it in January or next summer.

 

Sure he could've been on the bench but he's always fought for his place and should've been looking forward to doing so again amongst the elite.

He's not stupid. He was frozen out of a Championship side and realized his options were going to be even more limited in the prem. Not many people make decent offers for 32 year old wingers who havnt played for a year. 32 year old wingers who dont play for a year tend to lose their sharpness and speed..

A 3 year contract for a 31 year old is a cracking deal. I mean... think about it.. there is a reason we only offered him one year..

As much as it pains me to say it, but he's made the right decision

Posted

You need to wait a bit longer until after they start playing again. The winning team gets 3 points etc.

Teams have to play games and three points is given for a win, in that case Watford will be bottom...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...