Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content
davieG

Dyer departs to Watford

Recommended Posts

Posted

lol

In what way would staying with us another year been a move solely to boost his own ego? D'you not think a season in the top flight would feel like a deserved reward for someone that's remained a constant since League One? I think that people's main gripe is that he's worked his bollocks off with us and should've cracked another year, I think it lacks ambition - I'm sure his family will be secure enough with what he's already earned throughout his career and he doubtless would've had Championship clubs chasing him had it not worked out, be it in January or next summer.

Sure he could've been on the bench but he's always fought for his place and should've been looking forward to doing so again amongst the elite.

I think you answer your own question on the first half of your comment.
Posted

Ah what a shame. Knew it was coming didn't we but it still hoped he'd do a u turn and sign for a year. What a great servant to the club. Has he been here since about 2008? A frustrating player at times with his touch and decision making but awesome pace and scored some crackers. Madrid and man city as well. Good luck loydy!

Posted

Today shall now be named Lloyd day. To honour the event I'm getting a 12 inch sausage from the butchers, shove it down my boxers while running at 100 MPH and slicing a cross into a crowd.

Love you Lloydy

Posted

Shame really, thought he had something to offer.

 

 

 

Does surprise me that some believe GTF is capable of playing a role and some of the same people are claiming Dyer isn't.

Posted

thank you Dyer for being a loyal player and scoring the goal that sent us up, will always respect you a player that wear's he his heart on his sleeve and loved the club! all the best at watford  :thumbup:

Posted

I just still don't get it, he has basically accepted that he isn't good enough to play in the prem.

I do wonder if we had offered him a 12 month extension last season, or at Christmas he would have taken it and we would still have our Lloydy.

I just don't get it, his first and most likely last chance to play in the best league in the world and he would rather play for fvcking WTFord. I just can't believe that he would have such little faith in his ability, not just to perform in the prem, but also to make a decent living after football. A once in a lifetime opportunity and he chooses mid table mediocrity.

Posted

Very sad to see him leave. Perhaps we're moving on to bigger and better things but I loved seeing Lloyd in a Leicester shirt. He clearly cares alot about our club and always gave it his all. He was also such an exciting player to watch at times. It's a shame that he won't be giving it a go in the Premier League.

 

One of my favourite memories with him was his goal vs Bolton at home. Not in the 5-3 win where he put us 4-3 up but in the 3-2 win where he put us 2-1 up. Given the run of form that we'd had prior to that game and the way we started it, the quickfire double with Wood's penalty (which Lloyd won) and then seeing Lloyd power through and smash it into the roof of the net off the bar was f**king incredible. Absolute scenes.

 

I'll miss you Lloyd. :(:scarf:

Posted

It is a dope decision he has made. Playing in the prem even for one season okay he may not be first choice but he would still get a fair amount of games. He must really think he isn't good enough which is odd because although he may be limited in some areas of his game we all know what they are his pace would of been useful, nonetheless good luck to him though and thanks for the memories both good and bad.

Posted

I just still don't get it, he has basically accepted that he isn't good enough to play in the prem.

I do wonder if we had offered him a 12 month extension last season, or at Christmas he would have taken it and we would still have our Lloydy.

I just don't get it, his first and most likely last chance to play in the best league in the world and he would rather play for fvcking WTFord. I just can't believe that he would have such little faith in his ability, not just to perform in the prem, but also to make a decent living after football. A once in a lifetime opportunity and he chooses mid table mediocrity.

He knows that he would be lucky to feature with us much next season

It's nice to see a player choose regular football over being paid to sit on the bench

Posted

Ah, there you are. I've been looking for you; your dinner's getting cold.

Was it fish? lol

Thanks for everything Lloyd. Bolton was great. Some great memories of l1.

But 6 years striving to get to the promised land and you leave before tasting it.

Shame when sven tried to ditch you, you stayed and fought back. Real shame to trade a longer deal for your one crack at the top flight. np loves you. You scored against madrid and man city, even as an impact player would it not be worth 12 months.

Let's be fair Watford would still take you next year in l1.

But yes I do get why you see a long deal as a better bet.*

*yes I am aware my post seems like a letter to lloyd will fix it.

Posted

Thank you Lloyd.

Maybe not a legend but certainly one of a very few city players over the last 10 years that I have genuinely been proud of. Not the most gifted player but my god he's got a big heart and ridiculous pace (as fast as any player I've seen to be honest)

Disappointed with the decision as I see it as a bit short sighted but good luck nonetheless. Thanks for the memories Lloyd.

Will always get an applause from me if he lines up against us

Posted

I just still don't get it, he has basically accepted that he isn't good enough to play in the prem.

I do wonder if we had offered him a 12 month extension last season, or at Christmas he would have taken it and we would still have our Lloydy.

I just don't get it, his first and most likely last chance to play in the best league in the world and he would rather play for fvcking WTFord. I just can't believe that he would have such little faith in his ability, not just to perform in the prem, but also to make a decent living after football. A once in a lifetime opportunity and he chooses mid table mediocrity.

I can only imagine Nigel has given him an honest appraisal of his prospects. Once Mahrez started, Dyer was never really given a chance to break back into the side, even during Knocky's poor form and against fixture congestion with weak opposition.

We all know Lloyd doesn't actually play that well off the bench, nor playing the odd game here and there-he needs time to get his form going, and with Albrighton coming in I guess the writing was on the wall. He's chosen to be a big fish in a small pond, and we will remember him fondly, rather than have him coming on in 75th minute against the likes of Stoke and fading away.

I too think he had something to offer, but it looks like NP didn't, and that being the case I think he's made the right call.

Cheers Lloydy, you were a diamond.

Posted

I like how the Watford fans are here bragging as though he's some sort of wonder signing.

 

 

He's loved here for his enthusiasm, his commitment and his effort. Sadly he's an athlete and not a footballer.

Posted

Has there been any statement or quote from Lloyd anywhere thanking Pearson, the team/staff, or the fans for his time here? I haven't seen any, just wondering if I haven't been looking in the right places.

Posted

I like how the Watford fans are here bragging as though he's some sort of wonder signing.

He's loved here for his enthusiasm, his commitment and his effort. Sadly he's an athlete and not a footballer.

He will be a wonder signing for them, and I hope he does well.

Don't have the beef for Watford that some have-they beat us in a play off semi when we weren't ready for the Prem, and their fans gloat about that pen, but we'd have been the same against Blackburn if Speedie had missed (for those whose memories go back that far). We've done better out of losing that match than they did winning it, so no hate for them. Hope he does well for them, and they reclaim some of their soul from Udinese.

Lloyd was not just an athlete-otherwise Dwaine Chambers would have made it when he tried football. He was inconsistent, and his crossing less than perfect, so just like SWP, Lennon, young Walcott and numerous other peripheral England players. But he gave all that he had, he played well when the rest of the team didn't, and he broke down defences we were otherwise toothless against (especially early last season). He was a raging winger who could track back, scored important goals and feared no one. In our lowest moments, he could inspire a stadium of fans, and he scared Man City and Madrid in our shirt. For those reasons, and so many rampaging performances in the season just gone, he deserves better than to be thought of as an athlete with boots on: he could play, and he gave us great times.

Posted

Sad to see Lloyd go ... 

 

Think he'd have been a real handful in the perm just as much as he is in the championship ... Pace is a difficult thing to deal with at any level.

 

Was a fabulous player for us and a good pro, so all the very best of luck Lloyd.

Posted

It's also a shame that he didn't go on to play for Leicester in all 3 divisions we've been in .... that would have been a great claim to fame!!!

Posted

Nice bloke and a decent player. Always stuck up for him, but even though last season was one of his best we still only got half a season out of him performance wise. Sadly that's only going to get worse in the coming years as his pace slowly drops off.

 

I would have liked to keep him as an impact sub, but nothing more.

Posted

Thank you Lloyd.  Alway's gave 100% and would never let you down.  With frightening pace and could chip in with a few goals.  If your final ball was as electric as your crossing you would have been a top player.  All hail Loyd Dyer Ma Lord. 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...