Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vicki Vixen

Tom Lawrence out on loan to Rotherham

Rotherham manager Steve Evans on his on-loan midfielder Tom Lawrence:

"Tom's a real smashing talent, in the first half he was unplayable.

"The boys at Cardiff had a real problem with him, he was popping up everywhere on the pitch and hurting them with his quality on the ball.

"Leicester manager Nigel Pearson might be saying in January that he is a big part of what they are trying to do because he showed today he should be playing a level above."

With Mahrez and Schlupp at AFCON...surely he will feature?

Maybe that is why we loaned him out, to get him match fit.

Rotherham manager Steve Evans on his on-loan midfielder Tom Lawrence:

"Tom's a real smashing talent, in the first half he was unplayable.

"The boys at Cardiff had a real problem with him, he was popping up everywhere on the pitch and hurting them with his quality on the ball.

"Leicester manager Nigel Pearson might be saying in January that he is a big part of what they are trying to do because he showed today he should be playing a level above."

With Mahrez and Schlupp at AFCON...surely he will feature?

Maybe that is why we loaned him out, to get him match fit.

I watched a some of the first half and he looked poor IMO  :nigel:

• 4 weeks later...

For what it's worth I've only seen him once and that was in the match against Schalke. For me on the night he was the stand out player on the pitch, very busy and making things happen but I do of course realise that is just one game and it's not in the Premiership. However, if Powell got a couple of appearances off the bench I don't see any harm in him coming on and making and appearance as he must at least be fairly match fit and he is just the sort who could make an impact.

Tom Lawrence returns to Leicester City...
Tom Lawrence has completed his loan spell with Rotherham United and has returned to parent club Leicester City.

The striker was an instant hit with the AESSEAL New York Stadium fans making six appearances which included a goal in the 2-1 victory over Wigan Athletic.

Manager Steve Evans hailed the 20-year-old for his contribution with the youngster now rejoining Leicester’s fight for Premier League survival.

“Young Tom has been outstanding on and off the pitch in his short time with us,” Evans told www.themillers.co.uk

“He may well be back again, we’ll have to wait and see. I had a long chat with Leicester City manager Nigel Pearson yesterday and he needs immediate cover as he is losing a couple of players due to the forthcoming African Nations Cup.

“We are grateful to Nigel and Leicester City for allowing us to have Tom here and I have no doubt we will look to do further player business in January.” 

Rotherham United would like to thank Tom for his contribution whilst with the club.

Read more at http://www.themillers.co.uk/news/article/rotherham-united-leicester-city-2173243.aspx#bWc6MKyTrJ5fLR0O.99

Sat next to his mum yesterday at Anfield. She said he's been told he'll be involved in every game now. Also said Man Utd desperately didn't want him to leave but he just wants games. I'm certainly looking forward to seeing him play.

Sat next to his mum yesterday at Anfield. She said he's been told he'll be involved in every game now. Also said Man Utd desperately didn't want him to leave but he just wants games. I'm certainly looking forward to seeing him play.

I was sat on the other side of her, think I was next to his sister. Clearly they were disappointed he didn't get a game but I heard the bit about United not wanting him to leave. He does look and sound like a good prospect so let's hope he lives up to it.

They were also getting wound up by some guy behind me who wouldn't stop talking utter shite all game. Don't blame them as I think he was pissing absolutely everybody off.

Hes the one, I would bring in immediately as one of the fringe players, he could be the one that gives our recent boost,

an extra Turbo boost, could also save us money, allowing us to invest in other needed positions.

Let him loose, we need a young blooded hero. Then a 5 game stint at least.

Archived